Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast

Mike Mayock: Lamar Jackson the most athletic qb since Micheal Vick, calls 2018 QB class abnormally deep

https://d3efjls8gnbg8i.cloudfront.ne...r550.hosted.cx

Goes through all the qb's in the draft interesting listen.

Blog Entries

Re: Mike Mayock: Lamar Jackson the most athletic qb since Micheal Vick, calls 2018 QB class abnormally deep

That doesn't surprise me. Just like Vick though he's going to need to the right coach or he's going to have issues. I really believe that Lamar Jackson sitting behind Drew Brees for 2 years would be as perfect as it gets. Sean Payton knows how to coach QBs. He's worked with Testaverde, Romo and Brees and they've all developed into very good players. If anyone can do that for Jackson it's Payton.

Re: Mike Mayock: Lamar Jackson the most athletic qb since Micheal Vick, calls 2018 QB class abnormally deep

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That doesn't surprise me. Just like Vick though he's going to need to the right coach or he's going to have issues. I really believe that Lamar Jackson sitting behind Drew Brees for 2 years would be as perfect as it gets. Sean Payton knows how to coach QBs. He's worked with Testaverde, Romo and Brees and they've all developed into very good players. If anyone can do that for Jackson it's Payton.
    Yeah I'm not that afraid of drafting Jackson because he's a playmaker even if he never develops into a qb he'll be a weapon on offense whether that be a receiver or more of a hback. One of the things you notice about him as a runner is just his vision and how good he is in space.

Which means even if he never works out at qb you could use him similarly to the way Harvin was as a dynamite return man and on screens. With that being said another thing Mayock mentioned was he has a cannon for an arm so you sort of owe it to try and see if he can develop him as a qb but even if he fails you have options.

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Lamar jackson won't make it to 16, but can you imagine what he could do surrounded by talent?

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    He won't be an early 1st rounder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens56 View Post
    He won't be an early 1st rounder.
    I'm not even sure that Jackson will be a late 1st rounder. Mid 2nd round is what I'm thinking. He's got real accuracy issues which makes him a project.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I'm not even sure that Jackson will be a late 1st rounder. Mid 2nd round is what I'm thinking. He's got real accuracy issues which makes him a project.
    It's hard to predict it depends alot on how the first half of the draft plays out and how many qb's come off the board.

Most of the draftniks with connections to FO's are expecting him to come off the board in the first. He's also a guy who I think will wow at the combine. Someteam I think will believe in his playmaking ability whether that be qb or another position he is a rare athletic talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    It's hard to predict it depends alot on how the first half of the draft plays out and how many qb's come off the board.

Most of the draftniks with connections to FO's are expecting him to come off the board in the first. He's also a guy who I think will wow at the combine. Someteam I think will believe in his playmaking ability whether that be qb or another position he is a rare athletic talent.
    Has he come out and said he wants to be a qb only like Tebow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

USA Today says he’s the best QB in colleg

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Has he come out and said he wants to be a qb only like Tebow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They aren't comparable Lamar Jackson runs a 4.3 and had over 1600 yards rushing his JR year for 6.9 YPC.

Tebow his JR year had 673 rushing yards for 3.8 YPC and ran a 4.71.

They are in a totally different class as athletes. Tebow btw the had no other option other then QB. He could have maybe survived in the NFL as a short yardage situational RB but I doubt teams would have taken on the attention for such a minor role and even in that minor role there would be a concern about his issues with fumbles.

His frame is simply too small to play any sort of Hback.

Could he work as a QB? Yeah if you completely design your entire playbook around him...and then you have to hope he doesnt get hurt.

If you stick him in a prototypical offense, he will struggle...he's too reliant on his legs. Yes he can throw darts...but he hasn't been coached to stay in the pocket
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    They aren't comparable Lamar Jackson runs a 4.3 and had over 1600 yards rushing his JR year for 6.9 YPC.

Tebow his JR year had 673 rushing yards for 3.8 YPC and ran a 4.71.

They are in a totally different class as athletes. Tebow btw the had no other option other then QB. He could have maybe survived in the NFL as a short yardage situational RB but I doubt teams would have taken on the attention for such a minor role and even in that minor role there would be a concern about his issues with fumbles.
    I see a lot more Vick than Tebow. Vick was a coach killer for years. He didn't even throw for 3000 yards until he played under Reid. Coaching will be critical for Jackson. If he ends up on a team like the Browns or Bills forget about it. No way would I expect a guy like that to learn to become a NFL QB under Marty and offensive group we have. It's too bad because I do see him as a franchise type QB given time and coaching and we just don't have the second piece.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    His frame is simply too small to play any sort of Hback.

Could he work as a QB? Yeah if you completely design your entire playbook around him...and then you have to hope he doesnt get hurt.

If you stick him in a prototypical offense, he will struggle...he's too reliant on his legs. Yes he can throw darts...but he hasn't been coached to stay in the pocket
    He's 6-3 211 right now. Like I said in the other post ideally if he doesn't work at QB you'd use him similarly to how Harvin was used you would try him in the return game, end arounds and bubble screens, go routes, maybe the odd 3rd down short yardage read option.

He's not a guy you probably want running in between the tackles but thats for a variety of reasons mainly he's a guy that operates best in space.

As far as him not being coached to stay in the pocket can you really blame him? Petrino was trying to win games. The team was Lamar Jackson and....
    Last edited by boller4president; 02-16-2018 at 10:07 AM.