Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wink Re: Please let the B Colts thing go! The man is dead!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    To this day I still think part of the reason we lost last year was due to that media fiasco that took place last year.

I think the reason we lost last season was that Mcnair sucked.:grbac:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Please let the B Colts thing go! The man is dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I think the reason we lost last season was that Mcnair sucked.:grbac:
    No question on that day he sucked, and sucked in a big way.

But I think he more then just about anybody was put under the media and fan pressure cooker for that game.

Without him last year, I'm not too sure we even get to play that game to begin with.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic
    Day after day, after day, after day, after day it went on just mounting even more pressure on the Ravens to a situation that already had more then enough pressure to have to win.
    It's hard, if not impossible, to know how big a factor it was in the team's performance, or whether it was a factor at all, but it really was over the top. A few articles about it would have definitely been appropriate, but it was overwhelming to the point where it almost overshadowed the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahravens View Post
    I hope and pray this town just lets the whole Colts leaving in the middle of the night hatred go. The man responsible is dead, the drunk, is worm bait. You only look pathetic and foolish for holding on to that hate.

I don't have a problem with you hating them, just not for that reason anymore.
    Then stop bringing it up.

It is mostly the younger fans who were not even around or remember the Baltimore Colts. I was a season ticket holder and went without football for 13 years. Am I still bitter?? You better believe it. Piss on Irsay and his mutt of a son. Till you have been there do not judge. Ask any Cleveland fan if they have forgiven Model.

I decided last year that I had had all I could stand of the whole thing. After two weeks of having it shoved down my throat and the total inconsideration of our current team . . . . I have moved on. I detest the Colts and how they left and I hope Irsay is enjoying the heat, however I will never again let it consume me like it did last year. I was in a bad mood for MONTHS after that loss last year and I really believe it was because the press had me wound up as tight as I could get before that God awful, stupid ass, mess of a game even started.

Nope . . . never again
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    I decided last year that I had had all I could stand of the whole thing. After two weeks of having it shoved down my throat and the total inconsideration of our current team . . . . I have moved on. I detest the Colts and how they left and I hope Irsay is enjoying the heat, however I will never again let it consume me like it did last year. I was in a bad mood for MONTHS after that loss last year and I really believe it was because the press had me wound up as tight as I could get before that God awful, stupid ass, mess of a game even started.

Nope . . . never again
    I said almost the same thing when training camp started--I've been pretty good too. I was posting in a thread about the Colts on another board and my son accused me of having that look.

I don't hate the Colts, Peyton Manning or any of the players. My disdain is with the owner and the owner's son who will not relinquish the name, the colors or the records back to Baltimore. The colors and the name represent Baltimore's horse racing industry and belong here. They should have renamed their team the "Racers" or something indicative of their state. We did not want to become the Baltimore Browns or have anything to do with the Browns. You would think the people of Indy would have done the same. That is the issue people have trouble getting over. Not anything else.

I also think it is wrong to tell someone how they should feel about any situation. Everyone is different and everyone grew up at different times. I saw the Colts play from the early 60's until they left so my feelings are much different than a person younger than 40.

Oooh boy! A complete meltdown!

I feel lucky to be posting in a historically self-destructive thread.

Bye yeahravens!!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

When a poster escalates from name-calling to threatening/inviting people to "say it in person" that is indicative of a self-destructive meltdown. Far from a classic and complete one, though. In fact, barely notable, which is why I didn't bother responding any further.

Damnit .... wish I saw it!

He's the same troll who was claiming Rolle had AIDS. That should say it all.

I remember SkayBaltimore having a meltdown near the end of his miserable days here. I don't *think* I've seen one since, though you moderators do a good job getting that stuff cleaned out quick.

Greg, in my book, yeahravens' meltdown was as good as it gets. I'm just glad I got to read the posts.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.