Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: Democrats: Fight Anything Trump, Republicans Put Forward

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The economic impact of California on the country is greater than any other state. Silicon Valley alone is responsible for much of the wealth that the US has generated over the past 25 years. You can hate them politically but they are key to growth and prosperity.
    This.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The economic impact of California on the country is greater than any other state. Silicon Valley alone is responsible for much of the wealth that the US has generated over the past 25 years. You can hate them politically but they are key to growth and prosperity.
    Those companies would just move...as a matter of fact, a lot of them are currently looking to build East Coast HQ locations.

Amazon, for example, has narrowed down their final spots to Montgomery County (MD), Loudon County (Virginia), Pittsburgh, or Atlanta.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Those companies would just move...as a matter of fact, a lot of them are currently looking to build East Coast HQ locations.

Amazon, for example, has narrowed down their final spots to Montgomery County (MD), Loudon County (Virginia), Pittsburgh, or Atlanta.
    This

California is exporting people and jobs to other states every day and some of their political representatives are encouraging it.

If California were a stock, it would be a "shithole" stock.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    This

California is exporting people and jobs to other states every day and some of their political representatives are encouraging it.

If California were a stock, it would be a "shithole" stock.
    I mean, I have a few pals that work for Apple and Google in the San Francisco Bay Area. First, they don't get paid as much as a lot of people thing they do, but the opportunity to work at Google or Apple isn't something that comes along every day.

Second, living in the SF Bay Area is stupid expensive pretty much everywhere you go. Even out by the avocado farms in the Half Moon Bay area...houses that are 40-50 years old and in so-so condition are still 600-700K.

There are a lot of qualified people to work at those organizations across this country, but there aren't a lot of people that want to live in California and pay California prices or taxes.

I interviewed for a director position with Anheiser-Busch last summer. Would have been a nice pay bump and a positional bump for me. Plus, as a home brewer/beer head, it would have been cool to work for AB. I was pretty geared up to make the move until they told me that the job was in San Francisco and that I would have to relocate there. I politely said no thank you.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I mean, I have a few pals that work for Apple and Google in the San Francisco Bay Area. First, they don't get paid as much as a lot of people thing they do, but the opportunity to work at Google or Apple isn't something that comes along every day.

Second, living in the SF Bay Area is stupid expensive pretty much everywhere you go. Even out by the avocado farms in the Half Moon Bay area...houses that are 40-50 years old and in so-so condition are still 600-700K.

There are a lot of qualified people to work at those organizations across this country, but there aren't a lot of people that want to live in California and pay California prices or taxes.

I interviewed for a director position with Anheiser-Busch last summer. Would have been a nice pay bump and a positional bump for me. Plus, as a home brewer/beer head, it would have been cool to work for AB. I was pretty geared up to make the move until they told me that the job was in San Francisco and that I would have to relocate there. I politely said no thank you.
    Sounds like you made the right choice.

The CA government just spent millions of dollars cleaning up homeless people's feces and hypodermic needles within the city limits of SF because the problem was so severe.

That's a 3rd world problem, and they expect you to pay more to live there? Can you imagine human excrement on sidewalks as you walk to an Orioles/Ravens game? Crazy.