Page 1 of 55 123 ... LastLast

Is the draft being set up in favor of a QB?

We're looking at some QBs from this postseason that could end up as trade bait.

Now noone is running for dear life to make guys like Keenum, Foles or Smith their next franchise QB but they did play well enough to be trade bait and possibly give them a different first round option.

Say,

Smith, Foles, Keenum, and Cousins all end up on teams that pick before us plus the Giants who have already stated they're sticking with Eli pass up on a QB and go with Barkley, we have a decent shot at a top 3 QB which IMO is Rosen, Darnold, and Mayfield

The Browns could go with Darnold since Rosen wants no part of them which means Rosen and Mayfield could fall to who knows where? Rosen just sounds like too damn good to be true but it reminds me of when the 49ers passed on Rodgers in favor of Smith and Rodgers went from possibly #1 overall all the way to what, 24?

Offseason acquisitions would have to line themselves up perfectly for this to occur but if its the surprise of the draft and all these other teams go defense and skill positions? We may just luck out on Mayfield, and heh pinch me if im dreaming, Rosen would be a match made in heaven.

Blog Entries

Re: Is the draft being set up in favor of a QB?

It’s extremely unlikely but if a guy they love falls to them they better pull the trigger. Like I’ve said many times, not taking the gift that was Aaron Rodgers because of fucking Kyle Boller is the worst thing Ozzie Newsome ever did.

Blog Entries

No one that needs a qb is not taking one because Case Keenum is available. There's like 10 teams that need a qb maybe more. I bet Everyone is surprised how fast they go. I could see 3 or 4 going by pick 7.
    Cle Nyg Dvr and the Jets all need a qb 1 might get Cousins or Cousins might be smart look at Jax and see how easy life would be there for him. Add in MIA and Was and your looking at 5 teams before us that need a qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    No one that needs a qb is not taking one because Case Keenum is available. There's like 10 teams that need a qb maybe more. I bet Everyone is surprised how fast they go. I could see 3 or 4 going by pick 7.
    Cle Nyg Dvr and the Jets all need a qb 1 might get Cousins or Cousins might be smart look at Jax and see how easy life would be there for him. Add in MIA and Was and your looking at 5 teams before us that need a qb

Agreed. It is highly highly unlikely to happen. The Aaron Rodgers draft pretty much assured that wouldn’t happen again.

While I get the idea of grabbing a new QB in this draft ....I don’t care who falls to 16 , I can’t get behind drafting QB there. The top 3 show promise...Rosen, Darnold, and Allan. I don’t like Mayfield ...period. Now if we can grab a Luke Folk , Riley Ferguson in a later round ...great. Still shows promise and doesn’t cost $$ and a first round pick.

Blog Entries

I think your Keenum types will be signed/traded after the draft by teams that couldn't get a qb add in Arizona right ahead of us too. Palmer just retired they need a qb

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    It’s extremely unlikely but if a guy they love falls to them they better pull the trigger. Like I’ve said many times, not taking the gift that was Aaron Rodgers because of fucking Kyle Boller is the worst thing Ozzie Newsome ever did.
    Yea no kidding. It doesn't take much for some team to go "Well I COULD go QB here... but nah"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    While I get the idea of grabbing a new QB in this draft ....I don’t care who falls to 16 , I can’t get behind drafting QB there. The top 3 show promise...Rosen, Darnold, and Allan. I don’t like Mayfield ...period. Now if we can grab a Luke Folk , Riley Ferguson in a later round ...great. Still shows promise and doesn’t cost $$ and a first round pick.

Same stuff was said when Aaron Rodgers was falling. I’ll never again discount taking a QB when it’s perceived that we shouldn’t. That said, team has to love him and I don’t see that happening this draft, particularly when you consider the fire under the seats of the coaching and management staff.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Same stuff was said when Aaron Rodgers was falling. I’ll never again discount taking a QB when it’s perceived that we shouldn’t. That said, team has to love him and I don’t see that happening this draft, particularly when you consider the fire under the seats of the coaching and management staff.
    Point taken. And I agree with the end of your statement 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

It depends entirely on how it goes and which team has what QB.

It doesn't matter how many teams need a QB, just the teams that pick before us unless those playoff teams decide to trade up.

Having Keenum could be enough for say Washington to go "Well we have Keenum, we couldn't run the ball for shit last season and Guise is still up there."

Which isn't illogical. Keenum had a good season, is still relatively young and could continue to improve. Some of these teams have glaring needs. The Jets need a QB but could pass on one with Minkah Fitzpatrick according to several mocks as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

Not very many late round QB's have shown much promise in recent years.

Blog Entries

I believe that even if one of the top-rated QBs falls to #16, Ozzie will not take him. I think it might give him some leverage in trading down and acquiring an additional pick or two, but my gut says the Ravens are still satisfied with the 33 year old Flacco. I figure the Ravens powers-that-be wouldn't want a young QB wasting away on the bench after we drafted talents like Stanley and Humphrey 1st round of last two drafts. They wouldn't want to bypass a player of that talent level... Bc