Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Daniel Jeremiah Mock 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I said this last week, if that WR/RB/TE is not there grab brown, any other pick here would make no sense.
    Only pick I won't freak out about is Roquan Smith, but only because I think he's really good.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Only pick I won't freak out about is Roquan Smith, but only because I think he's really good.
    I would be somewhat ok with Smith but on the surface it would still piss me off, we could use some pass rush I just don't think this defense need another investment that high, this offense need some talent asap.

3. Re: Daniel Jeremiah Mock 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    There is no justification drafting a RT only at #16 who has trouble with speed pass rushers. Billy Price, who is a day one starter at C or G, would be my choice. Price is far better than just a "safe" choice. He has a high floor and the ability to be one of the top interior linemen in the NFL. Immensely strong, son of Mangold.

Orlando Brown is very tall, i.e., has a high center of gravity, which may preclude him ever becoming a good pass protector in the NFL.
    Mauling RT @ 16? If that happens, I have a hot stock market tip for everyone on this board: buy BF.B. They own Jack Daniels and sales will be through the roof.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Just going to be honest. Brown may be a good player, but I don't feel great about drafting a RT in the first round. Especially in the early to mid range. If he's the only player that makes sense, ok, but I feel like this team has had pretty decent success finding guys to plug in at RT and being more or less ok there. Howard was fine, Wagner was a 5th. Willie Anderson, Tony Pashos, they've gotten good play out of random guys there over the last 10-12 years.

Weird as it is, if they re-sign Jensen and show me they are all-in on building a solid line in front of Joe, then maybe I'll be more in favor of it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Just going to be honest. Brown may be a good player, but I don't feel great about drafting a RT in the first round. Especially in the early to mid range. If he's the only player that makes sense, ok, but I feel like this team has had pretty decent success finding guys to plug in at RT and being more or less ok there.

Weird as it is, if they re-sign Jensen and show me they are all-in on building a solid line in front of Joe, then maybe I'll be more in favor of it.
    Jensen gone Bhc, he gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I would be somewhat ok with Smith but on the surface it would still piss me off, we could use some pass rush I just don't think this defense need another investment that high, this offense need some talent asap.
    R. Smith (ILB) or M. Fitz (Dback) seem the only defensive top-notch talent that people think possibly could fall to #16. Perhaps that's not probable though. Anyhow, I wouldn't mind one of them because it looks like the Ravens can get good value @ WR (DJ Moore, Miller, etc.) in the 2nd round and the same can be said for TE (Gesicki, Fumagalli, etc.) in the 3rd. Otherwise, if Sutton (my personal favorite) is gone, then going Oline in the 1st is OK with me... Bc

I agree 110% re: needing offense. I want O, but I don't want to reach either.

It's all going to come down to who is on the board.

For example, last year I was okay with Humph over Howard becuase Humph IMO was the better prospect, but this year if it's the same scenario you have to go Howard. It wouldn't be a reach and we need the O. Though you're leaving the better "value" on the board.

I don't want to fucking hear the word value out of Ozzie's mouth this year.

Humph vs Howard as prospect is debatable, that's purely my opinion.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

For example, last year I was okay with Humph over Howard becuase Humph IMO was the better prospect, but this year if it's the same scenario you have to go Howard. It wouldn't be a reach and we need the O. Though you're leaving the better "value" on the board.

I agree. I’m not going to bent out of shape if we don’t go offense with the first pick because this is a DEEP draft for WRs and RBs, but I’ll be beyond pissed if the middle rounds aren’t dominated by offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

agreed my dude

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    I agree. I’m not going to bent out of shape if we don’t go offense with the first pick because this is a DEEP draft for WRs and RBs, but I’ll be beyond pissed if the middle rounds aren’t dominated by offense.

If at the end of Day 2 the Ravens have more than one defensive player, they've done it wrong.
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    If at the end of Day 2 the Ravens have more than one defensive player, they've done it wrong.
    Amen!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post
    lol ma'am we shall revisit this in April.