Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Daniel Jeremiah Mock 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    There is no justification drafting a RT only at #16 who has trouble with speed pass rushers. Billy Price, who is a day one starter at C or G, would be my choice. Price is far better than just a "safe" choice. He has a high floor and the ability to be one of the top interior linemen in the NFL. Immensely strong, son of Mangold.

Orlando Brown is very tall, i.e., has a high center of gravity, which may preclude him ever becoming a good pass protector in the NFL.
    You don't think Orlando Brown is a day 1 starter? The guy is 6' 8" 360lbs. An absolute monster specimen who is the son one hell of a former player.
    He reminds you of Ogden. this guy is going to be an all pro OT.

Tackle is a higher rated value than G or C

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I said this last week, if that WR/RB/TE is not there grab brown, any other pick here would make no sense.
    It would be pretty tough to pass on Brown at #16. Some guys really seem to fit a team.

It's not like there aren't skill position players available in rounds 2 and 3. Some times fans get so hung up on the 1st round that they forget how many good players come out of the rest of it. That's why people keep bringing up Kareem Hunt and Juju Smith-Schuster

I really don't care if we take a RT in the first round.

IMO any position is up for grabs if the player can be a legit career starter, you get him. That's what you need out of your first round picks.

Well like don't take a punter or a kicker obvioulsy. You know what I mean
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

And I think we all KNOW Oz is going BPA in the 1st.
    Any position except QB would not shock me. As was said, it all depends on who is there at 16.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...w-articleshare

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    And I think we all KNOW Oz is going BPA in the 1st.
    Any position except QB would not shock me. As was said, it all depends on who is there at 16.
    The real question is, is the BPA according to the Ravens really going to be the best player?

I'm sorry, but if they don't draft an offensive player who touches the football in Rd1, I'm going to puke. I'd rather them trade down to draft a WR/TE/RB in a better value slot than draft a RT (Say from 16 to low 20's if they don't want to reach on a WR/TE). I'm all for a strong o-line, but you can get a RT on Day 2. Plus you pick up an extra pick possibly.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Yeah them DC's lose sleep game planning for them rookie RT's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'm sorry, but if they don't draft an offensive player who touches the football in Rd1, I'm going to puke. I'd rather them trade down to draft a WR/TE/RB in a better value slot than draft a RT (Say from 16 to low 20's if they don't want to reach on a WR/TE). I'm all for a strong o-line, but you can get a RT on Day 2. Plus you pick up an extra pick possibly.
    Come up with a realistic name. Which guys at those positions do you want at #16?

Guice? Ronald Jones? Those guys could be there at #16. RB is your best bet if you want an offensive skill guy at that spot

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Come up with a realistic name. Which guys at those positions do you want at #16?

Guice? Ronald Jones? Those guys could be there at #16. RB is your best bet if you want an offensive skill guy at that spot
    Totally agree. I like this mock because Ridley dropping to 24 is more realistic, I think he is overvalued and high second-round talent. In that context of the BPA in this first round OL is much better than much of the skill position players other than RB and QB, neither of which will make it to 16 anyway. I would love to see OL in the 1st round, pass rush and WR in the second round (I think we should trade up to get two picks here) and RB in the third. The TEs are not great in this draft. I think we need a TE and WR in FA to compliment this and we will be in good position to compete for second place again this year. I can't see this team doing better than second with the upcoming schedule, unless Pitt loses Bell, at which time it is likely that they could be 9-7 or 8-8.

All we need is enough pieces to split with either Cincy or Pitt and preferably win both with one and we are good to go in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    The real question is, is the BPA according to the Ravens really going to be the best player?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I really don't care if we take a RT in the first round.

IMO any position is up for grabs if the player can be a legit career starter, you get him. That's what you need out of your first round picks.

Well like don't take a punter or a kicker obvioulsy. You know what I mean
    I'm feeling that way too. Of course I'd rather have a top-notch WR as my 1st choice, but there may not be one there for the taking. The Oline is so vitally important that drafting a starting RT, although not sexy, would be OK with me. Anyway, there are good value WRs and TEs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that will likely soothe the savage breast of Ravens fans.

Mr. Newsome, please lean heavily towards the offensive side in the 2018 NFL draft. Signed... Bc (for Joe Flacco)