Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Government Shutdown

Just over 9 and half hours until the government shuts down. Can't wait (in my Bart Scott) to not have a job. Oh, wait I'm mission critical so I get to come to work AND not get paid...awesome

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Re: Government Shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Just over 9 and half hours until the government shuts down. Can't wait (in my Bart Scott) to not have a job. Oh, wait I'm mission critical so I get to come to work AND not get paid...awesome

This happened to you before. Correct?

I haven't even been paying attention, whats goin on

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This happened to you before. Correct?
    Yes.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I haven't even been paying attention, whats goin on
    Democrats don't want to pass the spending bill. It passed the House but is stuck in the Senate. If the bill isn't passed before tonight there will be no funding for the government. Hence the shutdown.

Democrats don't want to pass the spending bill. It passed the House but is stuck in the Senate. If the bill isn't passed before tonight there will be no funding for the government. Hence the shutdown.
    Fuck, I wonder if I still get paid lol

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Fuck, I wonder if I still get paid lol
    Active duty military usually get paid, like the last shutdown in 2013. But for us lucky DOD civilians, even mission critical like myself, won't.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/26107...hy-ben-shapiro

First offer from Republicans: Let’s fund the government and pass a DREAM amnesty, as both sides want to do, and in return you give us some concessions on chain migration and the wall. Republicans have no choice but to use DREAM as leverage for those concessions despite their support for the policy because Democrats are incredibly reluctantto tighten admission policies under the best of circumstances. So how about a little something in return for DREAM, in the name of compromise? Nope, says Schumer. Won’t do it. We’ll give you a few billion in mad money for border improvements but we’re not doing anything that might move the U.S. towards skills-based criteria for immigrants and away from “bring the whole family!” policies.

Second offer from Republicans: Okay, since we’re stuck on a DREAM deal, let’s table the whole immigration issue for now and instead agree to fund the government and extend CHIP long-term, as both sides want to do. We’ll come back to DREAM afterwards when we’re not facing a hard deadline. Nope, says Schumer. Won’t do it. The amnesty fanatics in my base refuse to let us sign on to any funding deal that doesn’t include DREAM. Even though not only is DACA still in effect, the feds are letting enrollees renew their enrollments.

Third offer from Republicans: Okay, since Democrats are hung up on amnesty and worried about voting for a bill that doesn’t include it, let’s temporarily change the rules so that they don’t have to vote for the bill at all. Last night McConnell asked for unanimous consent from the Senate to let Republicans pass a funding bill with 50 votes instead of the 60 that the filibuster requires. It’s not at all certain that he has even 50 votes right now, but he was willing to take full responsibility for the bill’s passage via his caucus alone. If he found the votes he needed, the government would stay open without any Democratic assent to the DREAM-less bill. Nope, said Schumer. Won’t do it. He objected to the motion for unanimous consent. McConnell still needs 60, all but ensuring a shutdown.

Active duty military usually get paid, like the last shutdown in 2013. But for us lucky DOD civilians, even mission critical like myself, won't.
    I'm DOD as wsll

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

It wasnt right before, its not right now. Americans shouldnt pay for this divisiveness in congress. Sorry Dade, hope its short if it does.

... and any others it might be affecting.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Same thing happened to me during the last big one.

Think I went almost 2 months before getting back paid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Feel ya pain Brother. I’m “mission critical “ civilian DoD also. I worked a limited “schedule” last time but did get paid. Now I’m on my 6 off and guess I wait to see if I work my next 8!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk