Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Billick's playcalling grade: F

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...orts-headlines

Check out the poll. As of now, one person has graded the playcalling an "F".

Ten bucks says it's Preston.

- C -

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Billick's playcalling grade: F

I thought you were giving him an F, I opened this up with intention of giving your post a P. LOL, I am glad you didn't give him an F. A solid B, I think he made a few miscues here and there but then again it's a lot easier from my easy chair.

It wouldn't surprse me if it was a Steelers fan, or even Browns fan. The Steeler fans were complaining on their board saying our offense got lucky today.

I guess anything to make it easier for them to cope with their own team's losing streak

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    It wouldn't surprse me if it was a Steelers fan, or even Browns fan. The Steeler fans were complaining on their board saying our offense got lucky today.

I guess anything to make it easier for them to cope with their own team's losing streak
    Who cares what they think, 2-5 and tied for last place by losing to possibly the worst team in the league, who didn't even crack 100 yards total Offense.

4 INTS for Worthlessburger, against the Raiders Defense

I thought you were giving him an F, I opened this up with intention of giving your post a P.
    heh... Yeah, I was wondering how many people I'll get with that. :D

I actually thought the play calling was terrific today. I'd say there were one or two plays I didn't really like, but that was it. The one that really comes to mind was the running play on I think first and goal...the draw play that seemed like NO was just really ready for cause we still had a TO and it was just obvious we'd try a run.

But for the most part, I really thought our playcalling was great today. We took advantage of our strengths today. We pounded the ball and set up play action very well. And the execution was very crisp, which we haven't seen before.

I'd give it a B+ or an A-. By the time they started to slow us down, we were up by four TDs. Can't fault anyone for giving half effort after that when they never mounted any real threat...

- C -

6. Re: Billick's playcalling grade: F

Yeah, wasn't Rottenburger great today

Big Ben, Godsend!

I like the designed roll-outs.

Our last three QBs have all had at least decent scrambling ability and our offensive line has never been very good at pass-blocking.

The roll-outs not only get the QBs out of the pocket and away from Flynn, but they have clearer throwing lanes and the defense doesn't always know where the QB is going to be.

The downside is that it means the secondary really only has to cover about half of the field.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I like the designed roll-outs.

Our last three QBs have all had at least decent scrambling ability and our offensive line has never been very good at pass-blocking.

The roll-outs not only get the QBs out of the pocket and away from Flynn, but they have clearer throwing lanes and the defense doesn't always know where the QB is going to be.
    I like the designed roll-outs as well -- however, it does seem like McNair got clobbered a few times after throwing it cleanly -- what's the rules on how late a defensive player can hit a QB?

Yesterday was one of Brian Billick's finest hours. He gets a B+ from me.

Maybe he should be the Offensive Coordinator forever. It would save the team some money.

I thought his play calling was great. They went back to pounding the ball with Jamal. Even though Jamal didn't have a great per average carry, it set up all the play action.

Playcalling was perfect,it seemed like when they thought we were going to run,we passed and vice versa they were off balance the whole game.