Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Hensley nailed it last year

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Don't be so sure that it's "Ozzie's system".
    So, clearly you know something, and clearly you have access that we don't.

But how in hell is it not "Ozzie's system"? Ozzie still force-ranks the players – for that matter hires the scouts – runs mocks, and has final say on draft day. Right? Or has that all changed and he's a figurehead now?

Are you trying to whisper to us that Harbaugh runs the draft now? Then what are Ozzie and DaCosta doing?

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Ya I watch the games. They often only had 5 linemen active. I think its someone else here who actually pays no attention as to what’s going on.

I guess Terrell Suggs is a situational player by your definition as he played roughly the same number of snaps as Judon. Lewis started 12 games.

I dont think you watch football, or atleast are any good at analyzing it.
    I am not sure that the same dictionary is being used all the time, frankly. What exactly is a "situational player" when that phrase is tossed around ? Does it mean that a player gets a certain number of snaps to be designated as "situational" ? And what if the scheme is to rotate players in a position due to the package involved, the skill set in the secondary, etc. ? And as a matter of comparison (to keep things in context), how many teams run players on and off the field in packages so that they would be called "situational players" ?

I really do not know how many teams keep the same players on the field for a number of snaps so that they are not "situational", by somebody's definition. For me, the analysis would be how many teams have "starting players" (which by the way is another definition that can be debated) and what is the number of snaps that they have to play to be called that before I could compare the Ravens use of the players in question. Of course, the other question I would have is if your scheme is specialized so that certain players have to be in to use a play-call, how much does an Offense's play-calling keep players off the field; as opposed to the Coaches ? And then how effective is your philosophy of specialization ?

I guess I never think there is a clear answer to any of the analysis.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    So, clearly you know something, and clearly you have access that we don't.

But how in hell is it not "Ozzie's system"? Ozzie still force-ranks the players – for that matter hires the scouts – runs mocks, and has final say on draft day. Right? Or has that all changed and he's a figurehead now?

Are you trying to whisper to us that Harbaugh runs the draft now? Then what are Ozzie and DaCosta doing?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Don't be so sure that it's "Ozzie's system".
    lol uh oh...Ceo Head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Do you watch the games?

Do you not may attention to how much the Ravens rotate their DL guys (Judon and Pierce) Its one of the reasons why we have so damn many DL guys.

So yes, they are situational players just like Brandon Williams is a situational player. None are every down players.

Canaday and Clark are also situational players as neither of them are starters.

So YUP like i said again out of those 18 draft picks. Ronnie Stanley is the only every down player right now.

Who said Tavon Youngs injury was the front offices fault? LOL

The injury was June 1st, the front office burned cap resources on Brandon Carr in March, and in April draft resources on Humphrey (Who wasn't going to be starting ) prior to Jimmy Smith going down

So what part of any of that are you missing??????

Lewis played liked 8 games his rookie season, he has missed damn near 2 full seasons of football. SO NOT CONTRIBUTING
    The only players on defense that are every down players are 2 CBs and 2 Safeties. That is the case on majority of NFL teams. The Ravens are probably only one of maybe 5 teams that has a LB on the field for every defensive snap. And that was probably a bad idea seeing how he got shredded by some teams in the passing game.

Judon played 72% of the defensive snaps. Suggs played 77%. That is similar to most DEs and OLBs. Minny's DEs played 79% and 76% of all defensive snaps. There DTs were 66% and 67%. Ravens had Henry 54%, Williams 43%, Pierce 55%. Couple of things to keep in mind is that Urban played 11% of the snaps and was the starter until injured. Steelers had very similar snap % for their Dline as well.

Net net is that we do not really rotate any more than most even though we have more guys on the roster. Other teams probably don't pick guys like Kaufusi and Wormley and put them on the bench.

Blog Entries

this is how rumors get started and repeated as truth.

why dont you drop some sources TL. if youre going to imply something, support it. you know your word carries more weight than a typical poster, even when youre just speculating or sharing an opinion like the rest of us.

Go ahead and write that article, Id love to read it.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    The only players on defense that are every down players are 2 CBs and 2 Safeties. That is the case on majority of NFL teams. The Ravens are probably only one of maybe 5 teams that has a LB on the field for every defensive snap. And that was probably a bad idea seeing how he got shredded by some teams in the passing game.

Judon played 72% of the defensive snaps. Suggs played 77%. That is similar to most DEs and OLBs. Minny's DEs played 79% and 76% of all defensive snaps. There DTs were 66% and 67%. Ravens had Henry 54%, Williams 43%, Pierce 55%. Couple of things to keep in mind is that Urban played 11% of the snaps and was the starter until injured. Steelers had very similar snap % for their Dline as well.

Net net is that we do not really rotate any more than most even though we have more guys on the roster. Other teams probably don't pick guys like Kaufusi and Wormley and put them on the bench.
    My argument was NEVER that other teams don't rotate.

My argument is of the 18 players taken the last two years. The only one who is 99% of the time on the field for his unit is Ronnie Stanley.
    We have sunk a hell of a lot of resources into guys who flat out not getting snaps, hell even active on game days like Tim Williams and Tysus Bowswer.

Yet there are teams who are plugging in rookies immediately while we are drafting guys who at best are rotational guys (Bowser, Williams etc...)

Williams or Bowser didn't win the starting job. An undrafted guy did

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    this is how rumors get started and repeated as truth.

why dont you drop some sources TL. if youre going to imply something, support it. you know your word carries more weight than a typical poster, even when youre just speculating or sharing an opinion like the rest of us.

Go ahead and write that article, Id love to read it.
    RUMORS? LOL

You are getting the info from the horses mouth. You have a guy who has an in at the castle and knows insider information who is telling you in so many words what to assume. Yet your telling him to reveal his sources to make you feel better ? Why would he do that? Basic common sense would tell you if he did reveal it here. He would lose any source he had.

We should appreciate him telling us the little info he does. He at least has insider information when we all just are speculating.

I for one say thank you for sharing like you do. The last article you wrote was spot on and what many of us already had been saying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post

This is the correct analysis.

Also note that Williams is below 50% only because he missed those 3 games. He likely would have landed aroun 60%, a regular amount for a NT. There are some DT’s in 4-3 alignments that play 75-85% of snaps like Ndamakong Such or Aaron Donald but were talking a different position and scheme.

Blog Entries

RUMORS? LOL

You are getting the info from the horses mouth. You have a guy who has an in at the castle and knows insider information who is telling you in so many words what to assume. Yet your telling him to reveal his sources to make you feel better ? Why would he do that? Basic common sense would tell you if he did reveal it here. He would lose any source he had.

We should appreciate him telling us the little info he does. He at least has insider information when we all just are speculating.

I for one say thank you for sharing like you do. The last article you wrote was spot on and what many of us already had been saying.
    LOL SR with the charge

Blog Entries

My argument is of the 18 players taken the last two years. The only one who is 99% of the time on the field for his unit is Ronnie Stanley.
    We have sunk a hell of a lot of resources into guys who flat out not getting snaps, hell even active on game days like Tim Williams and Tysus Bowswer.

Yet there are teams who are plugging in rookies immediately while we are drafting guys who at best are rotational guys (Bowser, Williams etc...)

Lol, most teams would only have one or two players that play 99% of the snaps. The argument is totally ridiculous. By your definition almost all defensive players are ‘situational’. Hell only linemen and QBs are the only non ‘situational’ players on offense. I guess New Orleans fucked up because Kamara is situational as well.

I find it extremely hard that a guy that was considered the best pure pass rusher in the entire college football country couldn't have made a difference given 20 snaps a game. Also adding the benefit of giving Suggs some well deserved time to catch his breath