Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Controversial Topic: Race and IQ

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Ben Shapiro attributes the poverty rate in black communities towards culture, not race.

https://youtu.be/__Vj3DXwOBI

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Ben Shapiro should stick to gender wars and leave topics of race alone. He has no clue when it comes to race.

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Ben Shapiro should stick to gender wars and leave topics of race alone. He has no clue when it comes to race.
    Because he's white? He's extremely well informed and educated. By all means.... Tear apart what he said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I think there is nothing to the theory. It's more culture and regions that affect the IQ. A black person from the inner city on average will have a lower IQ than a black person from the suburbs.

The theory is flawed because it does not take into account the many other factors that determine IQ.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    MV, you in there?

Please explain...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I think there is nothing to the theory. It's more culture and regions that affect the IQ. A black person from the inner city on average will have a lower IQ than a black person from the suburbs.

The theory is flawed because it does not take into account the many other factors that determine IQ.
    So, you assert that environment plays a part?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

IQ is an attempt to measure someone's cognitive ability. What you seem to be describing is more a measure of how much education one achieves. IQ is generally considered a pretty stable value.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, you assert that environment plays a part?
    Yes, I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    IQ is an attempt to measure someone's cognitive ability. What you seem to be describing is more a measure of how much education one achieves. IQ is generally considered a pretty stable value.
    That could very well be true. But, can cognitive ability be development? Through education/training can we raise someone's cognitive ability? I don't have the answer.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

That could very well be true. But, can cognitive ability be development? Through education/training can we raise someone's cognitive ability? I don't have the answer.
    That is generally not thought to be true. Now congnitive ability certainly can effect how much education one gets, but it generally is not thought of working the other way.

The theory is that, on average, some races have higher IQ's than others and if you take that data and compare wage statistics, education statistics (as in accomplishment), and crime statistics, there are noticeable patterns.

For example, those of Ashkenazi Jewish descent (Jewish people that originated from Europe/Eastern Europe), collectively, have the highest average IQ of any other race that exists today (something around 120-125) and their IQ statistics show particularly high scores in vocabulary, literature, etc. However, their scores in spacial/engineering comprehension is much lower. The pattern observed here is that, by and large, those of Ashkenazi Jewish descent make more money than practically any other race (on average) and have a much larger presence in certain fields of labor such as politics, law, literature, education, etc. It's why there is a smaller presence in things like software development, engineering, architecture, athletics, etc. Ashkenazi Jewish folks are also the ones that started the Frankfurt School of social thought/philosophy (i.e., cultural Marxism).

Another example, those of Asian descent, collectively, have the second highest IQ of any race that exists today (something around 110-115). However, their scores show particularly high comprehension in spacial/engineering areas. That pattern could explain why we see many Asians in software development, computer engineering, medicine, etc. Collective Asian IQ's can also be compared with average income, which is also substantially higher than other races.

And on it goes with races and IQ's and their average income, career fields, crime, athletics, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------

Now, that is the basics concept of the theory.

I think it is important to point out that there are outliers and that the theory is based on averages. Clearly, there are really smart people and really dumb people in every race.

That's why I say it is pretty controversial.
    Wicked my man ..do you have a $1 bet with your brother Mortimer??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Controversial Topic: Race and IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Wicked my man ..do you have a $1 bet with your brother Mortimer??

I don’t follow...

Trading Places?

I don’t follow...

Trading Places. The Eddie Murphy movie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Trading Places. The Eddie Murphy movie.

Lol, it just dawned on me.