Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: The idiot Mel Kiper has spoken

It's no secret Ozzie wants that big T.O. type WR. He is obsessed with it. Those WRs were great when they had to bully there way past DBs to get open. Now that the defense cant touch WRs anymore the ones that have quickness and suddenness in their routes are the ones that usually excel. Pittsburgh has figured this out years ago. Someone should be kind enough to pass the memo along to Ozzie. And honestly, given this franchise's history at drafting this position, I would much rather them avoid it all together in the 1st round.

Ozzie is the only person I know who could stand 3 feet in front of a barn full of WRs and still miss wide right.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    "Has to be open"

Well the good thing here is that Ridley can absolutely get open.
    much harder in the NFL though
    Burn it down

We'll be fine as long as we come out of this draft with Andre Johnson & Larry Fitzgerald in the early rounds, and Marshall Fault and Tony Gonzalez in the middle rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    You clearly missed way more important positions.

WR would be #1,
    but outside of that Oline is 2nd and most likely going to be our selection. Safer pick, better value.

WR
    OL
    TE
    C (possibly depending on free agency)
    DE or LB
    Safety
    QB (no way should this be our first round selection this year)
    Don't think o-line is pressing. We have Stanely, Yanda, Lewis, Howard and likely Jensen returning. That's top 5 this year.

QB has to be groomed if we don't want to skip a beat after we move on from Flacco. Doubt we'll be drafting this high again next year. So, this year is our best shot at getting a QB without breaking the bank. Would much rather sacrifice a 2nd or 3rd to move up and grab a guy with top 10 talent then to be stuck having to reach at the back end of future 1st round draft picks. And if we were to find a guy we coveted at QB in future drafts, it would probably be a steeper price to move up then it would be now.

Plus, there isn't a WR in this draft that is going to make much of a difference in our offense next year. Our best shot at giving Joe a chance is to sign a free agent like Allen Robinson or make a trade for a guy like Demaryius Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    We'll be fine as long as we come out of this draft with Andre Johnson & Larry Fitzgerald in the early rounds, and Marshall Fault and Tony Gonzalez in the middle rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

It's kinda funny what part you bolded. Rolling into the season with Adeboyejo and White as #s 1&2 is fine, but relying on Campy & 11 as depth is where you draw the line.
    at least they have some upside the other 2 we know what they are at this point lol

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Doubt we'll be drafting this high again next year. So, this year is our best shot at getting a QB without breaking the bank.
    You're one of the few who think that. Lots of posters here seem to think we'll be picking in the top ten next year.

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Doubt we'll be drafting this high again next year.
    Don't hold your breath. We still need a top five, maybe even top 3 pick for a truly great QB these days. That's probably only gonna happen by acquiring some other teams draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Why the hate on Mel Kiper? He is a local guy who gives Mad love to our Ravens. Why is he an idiot?

I think his pick at #16 is very high at this moment unless he blows up at the combine its a reach.
    I think Orlando Browns JR is the best prospect this year on the OL and would love to get him but he will never last till 16

He is the 1 player i see Ozzie trading up for unless Sutton tears up the combine.
    Mel is a great guy. And while we may not agree with his picks, it's hard to label a pioneer in his business as an "idiot".

C'mon man!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Don't hold your breath. We still need a top five, maybe even top 3 pick for a truly great QB these days. That's probably only gonna happen by acquiring some other teams draft pick.
    Yeah but this year is different. There isn't a clear front runner at QB this year. Most of them are clustered together without much separation at this point. You could make an argument for just about every top 5 QB this year to go #1 to Cleveland.

Jackson has been the closest thing to Vick coming out of college in recent memory
    Rosen looks like a pure pocket passer
    Darnold looks built for the AFC north
    Mayfield is a gunslinger
    Allen is your prototypical big QB with a monster arm

You can throw Mason Rudolph in the mix if you want. I guess my point is this QB class has a lot of flaws but a lot of potential. We're probably better positioned this year to make a move on QB then we're ever going to be in upcoming drafts.

If Harbaugh was smart he would hitch his wagon to a new QB rather than trying to push for weapons to make Joe better.

This front office has a better track record of using picks to trade for WRs than they do at drafting them. That's the move I would make this year if I was Ozzie. Especially, if you're serious about providing Joe with some real weapons to see what he's got left in the tank. 1st year rookies only have so much impact...just saying

agree with Tony, bad mojo on this thread. much respect for Kiper and the amazing journey he built for himself.

Culex-- enjoy parking cars or pumping gas, as my grandmother used to say

Blog Entries

I heard through the grapevine that the Browns will go RB with the 1st pick, then QB with the 4th. That would be the first smart draft moves the Browns have made in years.
    The names I've been hearing are Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden.
    Wazzat? Oh they already did that. Uh, never mind... Bc