Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Should John Harbaugh fail again in 2018, what are the likely candidates to hire as HC?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    There's merit to this. In some ways Harb has reminded me of Marty Schottenheimer: a fabulous coach to get defense and spec teams playing their hearts out, esp young guys, but who took some years to find an offensive "philosophy" he could commit to.

But this is the wrong offseason to make that argument. This will be the fourth straight season that Marty M has been here, his third straight as OC. We finally have some commitment and stability on offense. And everyone is bitching about how "continuity" is a bad thing.

This board is psycho.
    Continuity is a great word to be thrown around when your team is winning and in the playoffs year in year out.

Its a lousy choice of a word when your team cant even make the playoffs more than 1 time in 5 years.
    So Mr. Coach Speak can preach continuity all he wants but his fans are fed up. They don't like what they are seeing plain and simple.

Blog Entries

Re: Should John Harbaugh fail again in 2018, what are the likely candidates to hire as HC?

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    [/B]

LOL come on dude, these are grown ass men, millionaires at that.

Now your trying to compare the Ravens not making the playoffs to it being ok and a victory at 9-7 because the Browns have 1 win in the past 32 tries? LOL

How many participation trophies do you have on your mantel at home? LOL

The same teams are in the playoffs year after year, this year the only new team is the Jags after Tom Coughlins addition has turned a joke of a franchise into a winner in basically 2 seasons.
    Ten buf Jax La phl min Car over half the teams this year are new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

Brady is the anomaly. The league will be electric when Brady/hoody leave.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

The post was meant in general the past couple years (patriots, steelers, Falcons, Panthers, etc...)

This year is the anomaly and had teams like Buffalo, Titans, Jags all took advantage of a down year. When the Ravens just had another down year.

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    2017 9-7 record is an accomplishment in your eyes? LOL
    - Give that man a participation trophy for his efforts!

Take a look at who the Ravens opponents were this year, look at all the sub par back up QBS we faced all year. The best two QBS we faced were Big Ben and Matt Stafford who was the only winning QB we beat all year.

This year with how lousy our opponent's ended up being was our Home PLayoff advantage like we have never been handed and it was Squandered by a stubborn ass head coach who refused to fix this problem last year. Marty Morningwig is not the answer and the only good thing about MM is he will be Harbaughs final downfall i think.

We were gifted a schedule this year, and pissed it all away. We should be playing the AFC championship game here in Baltimore this year with how weak our opponent's were

This year is the ULTIMATE failure
    Give me a break this season is not the ultimate failure. If not for one bad defensive play at the end of the Bengals , we possibly could be playing in the AFC Championship game. The team did come on strong at the end of the year.

Harbaugh is the one coach in the NFL who can play Bilichick toughest in the playoffs and the Ravens have blown the Pats out of Foxborough twice in the playoffs and should've won a 3rd time if not for a dropped TD pass.

I don't think it's right to give up on Harbaugh as really a miracle play in the last game cost us a playoff berth. Highly unlikely that will happen again.

Let's follow the Ravens Example of 80-20 and get Bill Belichick's Mexican equivalent: Bill Belichickio.