Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Vikings Last TD Looks Suspicious

Was the wrong way run scripted? Lets just keep it 100 half these players if you put Dr Seuss in front of them would struggle to get beyond the first page

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If I'm the NFL and the competition committee, I'm having a long discussion on PI and changing it to a set distance vs. spot foul this off-season. Maybe it's just me, but, while it made for perhaps the most spectacular and breathtaking ending to an NFL game I've ever seen, I don't know if you want it to happen because the defender was so worried about a DPI that he basically did everything possible to avoid the receiver. I don't want it skewed so far the other way the defense can just mug the offensive player in the situation either, but as incredible as the play was, seeing Williams twist his body to avoid making any contact at all was kind of off-putting.
    If the DB just does his job and either goes for the ball or lets the receiver catch it and then tackles him in bounds the game is over. It was a really bad play by the DB, no need to look at the rules over it. 98% of the DBs in the league not named Marcus Williams or coached by Dean Pees make this play.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    While it may or may not have been in on this play, I think we'd all be naive to think it doesn't happen in the NFL. For example, the extra point foolishness that took place after the TD.
    I get forcing the extra point if the Vikings were only up by only 2. With defenses able score two the other way you have to run the play. But the Vikings were up by more than 2 which made it pointless. The offense should have the option to not run the play. Definite candidate for rule change.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How could you even fix something like that? Pay a rookie Safety to throw the last play of the game just in case it comes to that and comes his way? The whole Saints secondary would have to be in on it, if not more. Even then how would anyone know that it would come to the Vikings on offense with no time against players in on the fix? The fix is in whenever something strange happens so I'm not surprised there are those thinking that's the way it worked. They're already yelling about the NFL pushing the Patriots next week before the game even starts.

For once I think the talking heads were completely right. The Saints took a late time out and talked about the evils of pass interference. They had been called a bunch of times during the game and it was focus for the last play. A rookie in a huge spot took that those last words to heart and was so focused on not holding that he completely screwed up. Williams is trying to use his shoulder and not his hands. Diggs makes an amazing leap for the ball and just carries right over him. Williams screwed up and Diggs made an amazing athletic play for the win.
    We sure do love Conspiracies in the US I find it fascinating
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    If the DB just does his job and either goes for the ball or lets the receiver catch it and then tackles him in bounds the game is over. It was a really bad play by the DB, no need to look at the rules over it. 98% of the DBs in the league not named Marcus Williams or coached by Dean Pees make this play.
    I would agree if there wasn't such a clear movement on his part to totally avoid any and all contact. Rahim Moore is just a really bad play by the DB. This was a bad play but not just a bad play IMO.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Oh dear lord, the fix was not in. My guess is he went for the "kill shot" to separate Diggs from the ball, as if he landed he could've gone out of bounds in FG range. He was late getting there and the completion was a fait acomplis unless he could hit him hard enough to knock the ball loose, or carry him out of bounds. That's what he should have done, use his arms to wrap him up and pull him out of bounds, but he panicked and made the wrong place in the heat of the moment.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Absurd that people think NFL games are fixed?!
    Yes

Blog Entries

Diggs should have been a Raven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Fucking A yes he should have been. It pissed me off on draft day, and it has pissed me off more with each passing season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Without a doubt! Diggs would have been perfect here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    You're probably right, it is unlikely a fix would take place on that last play. However the whole Saints secondary would not have to be in on it. Only Williams.

If Williams realized at that point that the Vikings had to win, the last play would be the best and last chance for him to muff the tackle and take out his own player in the process. Being the last play that would assure that the Saints would lose and there would be no time left for Brees to bring them back. Perhaps the pass just happened to come Williams way as he was hoping.

The arguments I am reading elsewhere are that he is a low paid rookie and this was his chance to make some big $, and nobody could miss such an easy tackle that badly. I mean I don't ever recall seeing a safety do that, coming at the receiver from the end zone and running right past him.

That being said you're probably right it was just a terrible mistake but I'd still say there was a 30% chance it was intentional.
    What are the chances though that Williams is in that position at that time? That's why when you have had fixes it's been in sports like basketball where its a lot easier to have a point scorers miss at key times. If I were going to fix a NFL game the best player to buy off would be a kicker. The only problem is that guy probably loses his job after the game and he knows it. Blair Walsh missing a 26 yard field goal against the Seahawks 2 years ago is a lot more suspicious than this one to me

It looked like he was trying to take his legs out and missed.

Fixed games. Aren't all Pats games that way .....