Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideal Draft

Ideal Draft

*this draft may be a little unrealistic, which is why I called it ideal. But I think most of these things have a realistic shot at happening.
    1: derwin james ss fsu
    -I want them to go mostly offense this draft, but james is too good to pass up. We’re getting much faster on d with this guy and he fixes so many of our issues with his speed and overall dominant skillset.
    2: rashaan evans ilb/olb alabama
    -perfect complement to cj mosely. He’s incredibly fast and rangy. He’ll fare much better against tight ends than cj or peanut will ever be able to.
    3: anthony miller wr memphis
    -I think he’ll be a steal. Reminds me of antonio brown and SSS, he can potentially revolutionize our wr corps.
    3(comp): dallas goedert te south dakota st
    -Replacement for ben watson. He’ll be what we envisioned maxx to be.
    4: korey robertson wr southern miss
    -Highly underrated wr. Very good blend of size, hands, speed, jumping ability. High-points the ball very well and would make a crazy good tandem with miller.
    5: jamal peters cb miss st
    -Very high potential at corner. He’s 6’2, can run, and is a decent playmaker. He converted from wr so within a few years he could develop into a very solid corner. Insurance for jimmy.
    6: martez carter rb grambling st
    -shifty rb. People call him a bigger tarik cohen according to walterfootball. If there’s potential of that kind of an impact player might as well take a chance.
    *if we draft like this, we have hope next year. James and evans give us much needed improvement on speed in our defense. And the receiving threats of miller, goedert, and robertson could turn this offense around hopefully. I see lots of promise from these players and am praying that they’re all wearing black and purple next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Ideal Draft

Quote Originally Posted by MK5200 View Post
    *this draft may be a little unrealistic, which is why I called it ideal. But I think most of these things have a realistic shot at happening.
    1: derwin james ss fsu
    -I want them to go mostly offense this draft, but james is too good to pass up. We’re getting much faster on d with this guy and he fixes so many of our issues with his speed and overall dominant skillset.
    -perfect complement to cj mosely. He’s incredibly fast and rangy. He’ll fare much better against tight ends than cj or peanut will ever be able to.
    3: anthony miller wr memphis
    -I think he’ll be a steal. Reminds me of antonio brown and SSS, he can potentially revolutionize our wr corps.
    3(comp): dallas goedert te south dakota st
    -Replacement for ben watson. He’ll be what we envisioned maxx to be.
    4: korey robertson wr southern miss
    -Highly underrated wr. Very good blend of size, hands, speed, jumping ability. High-points the ball very well and would make a crazy good tandem with miller.
    5: jamal peters cb miss st
    -Very high potential at corner. He’s 6’2, can run, and is a decent playmaker. He converted from wr so within a few years he could develop into a very solid corner. Insurance for jimmy.
    6: martez carter rb grambling st
    -shifty rb. People call him a bigger tarik cohen according to walterfootball. If there’s potential of that kind of an impact player might as well take a chance.
    *if we draft like this, we have hope next year. James and evans give us much needed improvement on speed in our defense. And the receiving threats of miller, goedert, and robertson could turn this offense around hopefully. I see lots of promise from these players and am praying that they’re all wearing black and purple next year!

I like your draft. I’d love to get James. What a talent to have in the secondary.
    Only question I’d have for you ....No QB?

Blog Entries

Over the years I have learned it is completely pointless to lay out draft plans like this, because the proccess changes through out leadibg up to the draft and teams change their minds a lot depending on how FA pans out. I dont really care what position we draft as long as the player we draft is going to be a stud, thats what it comes down to. Too many people pigeon hole certain positions that we "must draft"... corner wasn't our biggest need last offseason, but getting Humphrey has turned out to be a great choice thus far.

Blog Entries

I’d take it and be happy

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

My ideal draft would be Minkah Fitz in Rd.1 and then WR/TE/OL in any order until round 4...
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.

I love James, I think we'd have a 3 of the same type of SS type of safeties, still needing a free safety who is better against the pass.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

need a saints like draft, where you find 3 day 1 impact, game changing starters.... Of course thats like a once in a decade or 2 draft
    Burn it down

As the team stands right now if that was the draft I would vomit. It would also be a death sentence to the current coaching staff. If they use a 2nd rounder on an ILB and it is not to replace Moseley that would be a terrible decision. We would have drafted James to back up Weddle this year. I can understand that but it is likely not going to be a huge value to the Ravens this upcoming season. If we are waiting to draft a WR and TE until round 3 I sure hope the team spent big bucks on a free agent WR or TE. Most third rounders are not going to step in and be productive in year 1.

Mine:
    1 - Roquan Smith - ILB
    2 - Mark Andrews - TE
    3 - Terrell Edmunds - WR
    3 - DJ Chark - WR
    4 - Jamarco Jones - OT
    5 - Antonio Callaway - wr
    6 - Nyheim Hines - RB

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I like your draft. I’d love to get James. What a talent to have in the secondary.
    Only question I’d have for you ....No QB?

I would if we had more picks(im hoping we trade some players). I just think that they can improve immensely at other positions instead.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    As the team stands right now if that was the draft I would vomit. It would also be a death sentence to the current coaching staff. If they use a 2nd rounder on an ILB and it is not to replace Moseley that would be a terrible decision. We would have drafted James to back up Weddle this year. I can understand that but it is likely not going to be a huge value to the Ravens this upcoming season. If we are waiting to draft a WR and TE until round 3 I sure hope the team spent big bucks on a free agent WR or TE. Most third rounders are not going to step in and be productive in year 1.

Mine:
    1 - Roquan Smith - ILB
    2 - Mark Andrews - TE
    3 - Terrell Edmunds - WR
    3 - DJ Chark - WR
    4 - Jamarco Jones - OT
    5 - Antonio Callaway - wr
    6 - Nyheim Hines - RB
    I waited until rounds 3 and 4 for a wr because the guys I are studs. I get that mosely wasn’t very good this year, but he has much more potential than any other guy we can get to be extremely good. I agree that 3rd rounders usually don’t step in right away but in a team with this little wr talent? I say they would. Also, terrell edmunds is a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Over the years I have learned it is completely pointless to lay out draft plans like this, because the proccess changes through out leadibg up to the draft and teams change their minds a lot depending on how FA pans out. I dont really care what position we draft as long as the player we draft is going to be a stud, thats what it comes down to. Too many people pigeon hole certain positions that we "must draft"... corner wasn't our biggest need last offseason, but getting Humphrey has turned out to be a great choice thus far.
    I completely agree which is why I chose a guy at a position that’s not of absolute need. The wide receivers at the top of this class don’t look too promising to me so I think BPA is the best option this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MK5200 View Post
    I honestly think Bowser can be that guy, so I would rather use this pick for a WR like DJ Moore. Since Love isn't coming out, I would mind grabbing Guice when possible.