Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. 4 players fined for Monday's game!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

What a crock of shit! I can understand fining Bart because he threw the flag into the stands but to fine Rolle, CMac and Mason are being fined for speaking to the media about their own feelings?? I am really starting to hate the game officials who work for the NFL!! What a joke they all are..Oh wait I said this I public I may get a fine for it:grbac:

Re: 4 players fined for Monday's game!

"fined for violating league rules prohibiting the abuse of game officials"

great line...sounds a little dramatic to me though.

"league rules also bar team personnel from verbal or other non-physical abuse of officials and from public criticism of their integrity"
    another great line. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy remembering sitting in world history class with the "hot for Teacher" Ms. Gerace..yum-yum! :) . She would use sexy language like this when talking about Stalin and Mao.

Hey, at least there were no suspensions. I think at one point there was talk of suspending Bart.

Most fines I've read about this year have been in the $7,500 area, and those have either included illegal hits or idiotic celebrations. Bart Scott getting hit with a $25K fine seems pretty excessive. He SHOULD be fined, but $25K?

The other fines seem exessive too, but I think we all saw this coming. Heaven forbid a player or coach should say anything remotely critical of officials.

4. Re: 4 players fined for Monday's game!

Where are the fines for the game officials who abused Rolle?? Oh yeah that is right the NFL saw nothing wrong with calling a grown man a "boy"
    And they wonder why people stop following professional sports. Because CRAP like this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    Where are the fines for the game officials who abused Rolle?? Oh yeah that is right the NFL saw nothing wrong with calling a grown man a "boy"
    And they wonder why people stop following professional sports. Because CRAP like this!!
    After listening to the refs side of the story, Periera and the other officials decided that what was said to Rolle was acceptable in this instance. Just like it was acceptable that the time out called by an assistant coach, while not being procedurally allowed, is okay in some instances - like this one, and while the catch by gaffney was questionable, it was okay because there is something about fingertips now being able to maintain control of a football and while the holding call on Winborne was so-so, it is a penalty that should be called in all instances although in many it isn't but this instance seemd like a good one to exercise that judgement.

Not really bitching about the refs but four example of "grey area" judgements all going against the hometown boys. Boy that final NFL Network game just inceased its value some more.

"This includes reminding game officials that they are to conduct themselves at all times as professionals in their dealings with players, coaches, and other club personnel.”

So I take it this little blurb covers all that will be said/done to the official for his baiting of Rolle? What a crock of crap! I'm also glad Mr Anderson thinks the game was "well officiated". As far as I'm concerned there is no integrity among officials in any sport, I believe they are capable of anything and I definitely believe they play favorites.

Notably absent is any fine of BB for being *subtly* critical. He says stuff like "I can't criticize the officials. You all can criticize the officials, if you saw something warranting that approach, but I can't," and the league can't fine him for that.

This is why I said in another thread, BB takes care of this kind of stuff for the players. He is Their Guy. They should remember they have an expert in their corner, and shut their traps.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I enjoyed that Harrison got fined for yapping at Billick but Billick didn't get fined for "the kiss". hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN
    I enjoyed that Harrison got fined for yapping at Billick but Billick didn't get fined for "the kiss". hehehe
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you know something I don't know, because there is nothing in the linked article about Harrison getting fined. Did he really get fined? He should have been, but I haven't seen anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you know something I don't know, because there is nothing in the linked article about Harrison getting fined. Did he really get fined? He should have been, but I haven't seen anything about it.
    Yes, I saw on ESPN where Harrison was fined, I think it was $5,000 for his altercation with Billick but Billick was not fined for anything. I don't have a link it was just commented on.

I'm to dumb about computers to link things but I did just go into the SI.com website for the Pats and clicked on the Boston Globe link at the bottom of the page and it was there. Harrison was fined $5,000 for his altercation with Billick.
    Last edited by AZRAVEN; 12-07-2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Add information

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN
    Yes, I saw on ESPN where Harrison was fined, I think it was $5,000 for his altercation with Billick but Billick was not fined for anything. I don't have a link it was just commented on.
    Cool -- Harrison should be fined, and I don't think Billick should have been fined for anything, since he obviously wasn't the one who started the exchange.

I wasn't really doubting you, I was just surprised because I had seen and heard multiple reports about the Ravens players getting fined, but nothing about Harrison.

I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!