View Poll Results: Who would you rather have at QB?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex Smith

4 12.12%
  • Joe Flacco

24 72.73%
  • Neither

5 15.15%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Trade for Alex Smith

You guys are no fun. I guess we all should just hold hands and cry

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Did Alex Smith carry the Chief's once kelce went down?

3. Re: Trade for Alex Smith

Usually don’t weigh in on things like this...if this is just merely taken as off-season fodder cool...but your post didn’t take into consideration the dead money that would be moved forward...trade or cut the dead money still comes.

Even if it wasn’t at play... Flacco > Alex in my book... Alex isn’t built for AFC North football ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essentially, the trade is a way to shed Flacco's contract while also maintaining QB play. You don't have to resign Smith if that's your cup of tea. But for only an additional $2M, Alex Smith's accuracy just seems like the better fit in this West Coast offense than Joe Flacco.

Let's say you trade a 2nd for Smith and get a 3rd for Flacco. That's a wash and you're free of Flacco's cap. You can also still compete for the playoffs this year and probably make a deeper push than if you had cant-get-to-January-Joe-anymore. But if talking about the same old hypothetical strategies year after year on this forum board is what you'd rather do...than maybe you should go work with Ozzie and staff. I heard they love settling for the same ol same ol
    Last edited by unbelievable; 01-12-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Essentially, the trade is a way to shed Flacco's contract while also maintaining QB play. You don't have to resign Smith if that's your cup of tea. But for only an additional $2M, Alex Smith's accuracy just seems like the better fit in this West Coast offense than Joe Flacco.

Let's say you trade a 2nd for Smith and get a 3rd for Flacco. That's a wash and you're free of Flacco's cap. You can also still compete for the playoffs this year and probably make a deeper push than if you had cant-get-to-January-Joe-anymore. But if it talking about the same old hypothetical strategies year after year on this forum board is what you'd rather do...than maybe you should go work with Ozzie and staff. I heard they love settling for the same ol same ol
    Did Alex Smith carry the chiefs to victory once kelce got hurt?

Let's say you trade a 2nd for Smith and get a 3rd for Flacco. That's a wash and you're free of Flacco's cap. You can also still compete for the playoffs this year and probably make a deeper push than if you had cant-get-to-January-Joe-anymore. But if it talking about the same old hypothetical strategies year after year on this forum board is what you'd rather do...than maybe you should go work with Ozzie and staff. I heard they love settling for the same ol same ol
    He’s coming for you if not already lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this title and thought "Oh what the hell maybe he has good points"

Nope.

I promise you that Flacco has ZERO trade value because of his contract and Alex Smith is old. Let's start getting younger on that side of the ball, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Saw this title and thought "Oh what the hell maybe he has good points"

Nope.

I promise you that Flacco has ZERO trade value because of his contract and Alex Smith is old. Let's start getting younger on that side of the ball, eh?
    A team that traded for Joe Flacco would assume the following cap numbers without any penalty if they were to cut him at any point.

2018: $12M
    2019: $18.5
    2020: $20.25M

Also, Alex Smith is the same age as Old Man Joe.

Blog Entries

A team that traded for Joe Flacco would assume the following cap numbers without any penalty if they were to cut him at any point.

2018: $12M
    2019: $18.5
    2020: $20.25M

Also, Alex Smith is the same age as Old Man Joe.
    What happened to Alex Smith after kelce went down?

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    This person might as well create a 1 on 1 QB football, because it's clear he doesn't understand the roles of the other 10 people on offense and the OC.

He clearly thinks the QB plays in isolation. In a vacuum.
    74 posts all about how Flacco is the root of all our evils. Lol, I have to stop taking the bait.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Chiefs offense went to shit after kelce went down.

I wonder how'd smoothly it'd run with Maxx Williams at the helm?

I'm sure Smith would "elevate" Maxx....

Blog Entries

Even if they were in a situation where they could and wanted to move on from Flacco, I wouldn't want Alex Smith, especially in this division, especially if my goal is to win in the postseason.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52