Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Diggs' Mom to Ozzie: "They should fire your a$$"

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Why is it I brought a young wr up and you completely dismissed it? Torrey developed and got paid Due to JOE. HE LEFT SND HAS NOT DONE Anything.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Torrey didn't do ANYTHING when he was here. What exactly is your point? He eclipsed 1,000 yards once in his 4 year stay in Baltimore. His last season he put up 767 yards. I'm just saying when it comes to rookie WR's if your quarterback sucks it's going to have an impact in their development. But keep holding onto 2012's playoff run.

FLUKE - flo͞ok/
    noun
    unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Torrey didn't do ANYTHING when he was here. What exactly is your point? He eclipsed 1,000 yards once in his 4 year stay in Baltimore. His last season he put up 767 yards. I'm just saying when it comes to rookie WR's if your quarterback sucks it's going to have an impact in their development. But keep holding onto 2012's playoff run.

FLUKE - flo͞ok/
    noun
    So why didn't poor QB play hinder DeAndre Hopkins' development? Why hasn't poor QB play hindered Stefon Diggs' development?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This is where the front office out-thinks the process. Keenan Allen was a top flight WR but there were some rumors swirling around, and the Ravens went on the avoidance trail. Same with Myles Jack. Sometimes you just have to take that risk and grab the superior player. Being too cautious has proven costly.
    I agree. We waste picks (Correa, Wormley, Tim Wms) in their rookie years anyway. So why not take a gamble on a high rated player who falls due to "X" ? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    No. The difference between their two seasons is the WR we're discussing, a fellow WR of his and the fact that their defense actually became what it was built to become, unlike here where the defense faltered in the season's biggest moments.

Case Keenum: 325/481 67.6% 3,547 yds - 7.4 per attempt 22 TDS 7 INT 98.3 QB Rating
    Joseph Flacco: 352/549 64.1% 3,141 yds - 5.7 per attempt 18 TDS 13 IN 80.4 QB Rating

Passes dropped:
    Baltimore Ravens - 20
    Minnesota Vikings -17

If you wouldn't take Keenum's season over Flacco's then what's the point of having an objective argument? The point I was making is CASE KEENUM had a better season than Joe Flacco. CASE. KEENUM.

Stephon diggs had 849 yrds last season. Theilen cracked 1,000 yards for the first time in his 4 year career. Not exactly world beaters Keenum was working with.

*Write your excuses for Flacco in the empty space below*

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The amount of reaching for Flacco bashing is just brutal.
    The amount of reaching on both sides is brutal.

Look Joe is who is. An inconsistent QB in all phases of the game. He's going to look great one minute and look like complete ass the next. He needs help around him and the FO/Harbaugh have pretty much failed to do that since the Super Bowl.

Blaming Perriman's failure to develop on Joe is just stupid. Perriman is just not good at football. And it certainly doesn't seem like he has tried at all to get better. He's more interested in clowning around on the bench and showing off his gold fronts. I'm not sure how many people saw it but he was laughing on the bench (I think it was the Bears game) after a ball bounced off his hands for an INT.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I think much of a WR's development comes from the Quarterback play. Let's say Pittsburgh drafted the same WR's as Ozzie over the years. Are they all still as putrid with Roethlisberger as they've been for Flacco and Boller? Let's be honest, Diggs probably would have faltered here.
    What did any of the WRs that left the Ravens do after they got from under the lame arm of Flacco?

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    The amount of reaching on both sides is brutal.

Look Joe is who is. An inconsistent QB in all phases of the game. He's going to look great one minute and look like complete ass the next. He needs help around him and the FO/Harbaugh have pretty much failed to do that since the Super Bowl.

Blaming Perriman's failure to develop on Joe is just stupid. Perriman is just not good at football. And it certainly doesn't seem like he has tried at all to get better. He's more interested in clowning around on the bench and showing off his gold fronts. I'm not sure how many people saw it but he was laughing on the bench (I think it was the Bears game) after a ball bounced off his hands for an INT.
    I'm definitely in the objective pool on Joe. My opinion is that he needs support becuase he's not an elite QB, but he puts you in a position to win games. He is not great. He is not brutal. He is overpaid, but I don't really blame anyone for that because the circumstances of those contract negotiations made it what it was. We were fucked and Joe did exactly what pretty mcuh anyone would have done and got his dough.

I support Joe when it's bashing and I go on the flipside when it's ass kicking.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

This isn't 2015. I'm living in the now. I agree with you though I would have taken Case Keenum's season over Flacco's as well. And that's very telling in this argument because we're talking about CASE KEENUM.
    And how many other teams would have traded Keenum's season for the one their QB had?

Keenum had a great season. He may parlay that into a wonderful career, or he might go Matt Cassel on the league.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Come on. Perriman’s failure to develop is Joe Flacco’s fault?

I trust you have watched the the games. How many passes have clanked off of Perriman’s hands? We’re not talking acrobatic amazing catches. We are talking balls that hit him *in his hands* and he can’t catch them.

What would a “better” QB do to make Perriman catch those balls and thereby develop him as a WR?
    Deflate the ball before throwing it, making it easier to hold onto.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Typical hyperbole from the "flacco sucks " crowd.
    Hyperbole indeed

You give Flacco a Julio type he has more than 1 Super Bowl

Blog Entries

FLUKE - flo͞ok/
    noun
    What would the 2011 playoffs have been what does two make? Or 14 play offs? Three seems like a trend no?