Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Calvin Ridley

Re: Calvin Ridley

Just draft Kirk/DJ Moore/Anthony Miller in the second/third.

Speaking of DJ Moore, now that's a guy who thrived despite having some incredibly shitty QB play at Maryland. Jalen Hurts would have looked like Cam Newton compared to the guys they threw out there and Moore still put up big numbers and impressed enough people to be the Big Ten WR of the year. That's definitely a guy that competes big time and gives it everything he has on every play, every game.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Auden Tate is a monster but a one trick pony. Isn't he a freshy though? I may be mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Red shirt Soph. Already declared. I’d love to see him at the Senior Bowl also but ..not gonna happen.

Where? Do you have a link?

http://draftbreakdown.com/all-videos/

Highlight tapes are definitely useful if you know what you're looking for. I assume you don't?

No , they're not. And now you're just being a tool.

Now tissue-soft Auden Tate is a "monster"? Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Red shirt Soph. Already declared. I’d love to see him at the Senior Bowl also but ..not gonna happen.

Yeah I can't argue against Tate. I'd take him over simmie Cobb's.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Just draft Kirk/DJ Moore/Anthony Miller in the second/third.

Speaking of DJ Moore, now that's a guy who thrived despite having some incredibly shitty QB play at Maryland. Jalen Hurts would have looked like Cam Newton compared to the guys they threw out there and Moore still put up big numbers and impressed enough people to be the Big Ten WR of the year. That's definitely a guy that competes big time and gives it everything he has on every play, every game.
    Im really high on DJ Moore.... Like really high.

If he was predicted to go 3rd round, Id be ok with taking him Round 2, and not risk losing him trying to trade down for extra picks
    Burn it down

I agree with what you're saying about Beckham, dude is just a monster and we aren't finding him lol. I'm not a Simmie cobbs fan at all. He seems very Jagish to me. I see Rid cooking Hargreaves, Quincy Wilson, breaking Jamal Adams ankles etc. he may not be physical off the press but he has a quick first step and if you overcommit or miss your first punch, he's gone. Also, he's still young, he doesn't have his man size yet. I feel like this board is infatuated with size at WR because flacco throws a lot of jump balls but a crisp route runner with speed who is polished and catches everything would be way more effective. Ridley is instant coffee.

Ridley is decidedly not young for a draft prospect. He'll be 24 this season. When does a football player typically get their "man size"?

Edit: Mixed up birth month. Still turns 24 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It sure wasn't a negative for Amari Cooper. Didn't he go #4 overall?
    Cooper and Ridley should send Julio some gamechecks. He's the reason Alabama WR's keep getting looked at.
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You can find that stuff for anyone. Here is John Ross from last year. He's a top 10 pick at WR who was so bad the Bengals were trying to turn him in a CB.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...oss?id=2558010

BOTTOM LINE Ross is an instant-impact weapon who scored 23 touchdowns in just 112 touches. He should be able to step right in as a kick returner and a slot receiver, but teams with speed at tight end might utilize him outside to create extreme vertical stress on opposing safeties. If his knees check out as healthy, Ross is a likely first-round pick with the rare ability to become a high-volume slot receiver or a lesser-targeted, high-yield deep-ball threat.
    I'm not sure how evaluations about John Ross (who had an injury plagued rookie year) should impact the perception about Ridley.

Ridley is playing in a system not best suited for his skills and with a RB at QB. Every evaluation I've read has said that and both Miller and Jeremiah are looking at coaches film of Ridley.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10. Re: Calvin Ridley

lol Calvin Johnson?? Anyways it's an excuse but it's valid. Alabama is a running offense who's quarterback can't throw. Of course his stats aren't going to be crazy. Common sense. His QB literally just got pulled because HE CANT THROW and he caught a TD right after.

If you think that TD was intended for Ridley not sure what you were watching....Tua was growing to 22 and Ridley crossed the throwing lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    http://draftbreakdown.com/all-videos/

No , they're not. And now you're just being a tool.
    Like I said they definitely are if you know what you're looking for. If you don't, that's your issue.

Like I said they definitely are if you know what you're looking for. If you don't, that's your issue.

Please, oh wise one, tell me what you're looking for in a collection of clips that biases the evaluation of a player.