Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WOW, Kirk and Mark leave 98 Rock for WHFS!

Re: WOW, Kirk and Mark leave 98 Rock for WHFS!

Here is more news if anybody is interested:

K&M Gone From 98 Rock, To Replace Junks On HFS, M&A To 98 Mornings - 10/30 - DCRTV was first with the news on Saturday. And now a Baltimore media source tells DCRTV: "Kirk and Mark (right) from 98 Rock are gone from the station. They must serve a 90-day no-compete clause in their contracts but will start with WHFS 105.7 - or at least legally can - on February 1st. The issues between Kirk McEwen and 98 Rock caused problems for local wrestling company Maryland Championship Wrestling. 98 Rock's general manager... informed both McEwen and Mickey Cuchiello that they could not appear in the scheduled '8 Man Tag Team Match' they were promoting on their respective shows up to the Friday of the event, which was last night. Both were informed that they would be in essence in breach of contract if they did the wrestling match. For the record, the vast majority of the crowd came to see TNA Wrestlers Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels and although the announcement that the 98 Rock DJs were unable to appear did elicit a negative response from parts of the audience, the show was still a considerable success with over 800 fans in attendance. By the time you read this, (98 Rock afternooners) Mickey and Amelia will be the morning show and (former 98 Rock morning men) Kirk and Mark will be sitting out no-compete clauses as they await their February debuts on WHFS." Also: The WJFK-FM-based Junkies are officially gone from WHFS mornings come February, and, on their Monday show, they slammed the suits at CBS Radio in Baltimore for not promoting and backing them as Howard Stern's replacement in the Charm City.

Blog Entries

Wow. I guess it was never the same after Lopez died anyway.

I wasn't aware people still listened to FM with sat radio becoming more and more popular. :)
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    Here is more news if anybody is interested:

K&M Gone From 98 Rock, To Replace Junks On HFS, M&A To 98 Mornings - 10/30 - DCRTV was first with the news on Saturday. And now a Baltimore media source tells DCRTV: "Kirk and Mark (right) from 98 Rock are gone from the station. They must serve a 90-day no-compete clause in their contracts but will start with WHFS 105.7 - or at least legally can - on February 1st. The issues between Kirk McEwen and 98 Rock caused problems for local wrestling company Maryland Championship Wrestling. 98 Rock's general manager... informed both McEwen and Mickey Cuchiello that they could not appear in the scheduled '8 Man Tag Team Match' they were promoting on their respective shows up to the Friday of the event, which was last night. Both were informed that they would be in essence in breach of contract if they did the wrestling match. For the record, the vast majority of the crowd came to see TNA Wrestlers Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels and although the announcement that the 98 Rock DJs were unable to appear did elicit a negative response from parts of the audience, the show was still a considerable success with over 800 fans in attendance. By the time you read this, (98 Rock afternooners) Mickey and Amelia will be the morning show and (former 98 Rock morning men) Kirk and Mark will be sitting out no-compete clauses as they await their February debuts on WHFS." Also: The WJFK-FM-based Junkies are officially gone from WHFS mornings come February, and, on their Monday show, they slammed the suits at CBS Radio in Baltimore for not promoting and backing them as Howard Stern's replacement in the Charm City.
    If those idiots hadn't spent all day, every day talking about the Deadskins maybe the "Suits" would have backed them more. Surprising to me that CBS isn't replacing them with the Stern wannabees Opie and Anthony. Anyone with a brain is listening to Sirius instead of these lame channels anyway.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

This really sucks, WHFS could have had Mark, but not the Kirkster. It turns out they didn't want to renew their contracts, so I guess 98 Rock didn't want to get cut short & pulled the plug before the contracts ran out. Kirk & Mark have to sit on the sidelines for 90 days due to the non-compete clause in their contracts, they are free to start on WHFS on February 1st. I don't know what they're thinking, going to the corporate station @ CBS over the freedom they had w/ Hearst @ 98 Rock. They may regret making the move to the big time, the way CBS chews up & spits out people on radio. dcrtv.com reported it Saturday morning that something was going on & Mickey & Amelia would get the Morning Show slot.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

bfd

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    If those idiots hadn't spent all day, every day talking about the Deadskins maybe the "Suits" would have backed them more. Surprising to me that CBS isn't replacing them with the Stern wannabees Opie and Anthony. Anyone with a brain is listening to Sirius instead of these lame channels anyway.
    Ditto here. Junkies are so pro-Redskin and that's why I nevered listened to them before I had Sirius. Now that I do have Sirius this doesn't mean much for me either way. Good riddance to the Junkies.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

A buddy of mine is in the radio business and told me about this on Saturday.

1. The fact that the Junkies failed shouldn't shock anyone. How in the hell did they think they would succeed by talking about the Skins, DC, Northern VA, the Dulles Toll road, and Bethesda? All things that myself and pretty much everyone in the Baltimore hate. The fact is Baltimore and DC are 2 completely different markets.

2. Kirk and Mark are looking to get syndicated which would mean huge money for them.

3. This happens all the time in radio. It's a cut throat business.

PP

Getting syndicated? Good luck, because they have sucked for a while. Seems to me that their heads got pretty big, then things went down hill. Thank god for XM.

10. Re: WOW, Kirk and Mark leave 98 Rock for WHFS!

WHO CARES:insane:

Once again, if you don't care then don't open the thread and reply. It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot Ravenator View Post
    WHO CARES:insane:
    Apparently a lot of people here care. The question is why do you care that they care?