Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Jason LaCanfora nailed it about Harbaugh and this team

This article is 100% on the money and one of the best articles I've read in the national media about the current Ravens situation..

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...ore-notes/amp/
    Last edited by ravensfan55; 01-10-2018 at 03:10 PM.

Re: Jason LaCanfora nailed it about Harbaugh and this team

Not saying anything that we all don't already know.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

He must be a board member here because any one of us could have written that. Pretty spot on, i especially like the part where he jabs at Harbaughs choices of assistants.

How long have i been saying that very same thing?

Blog Entries

Ouch. Totally spot on. A depressing read even though many of these points have been discussed here.

Pick #16, no real offensive talent under contract, no cap space, retread assistants = 8-8 or worse again.

Live we've all said, they have to nail this draft to have a chance in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Not saying anything that we all don't already know.
    True, but I think this is showing that the National media is starting to see that this organization is no longer the model franchise it once was. It's clearly in decline and personally I'm not sure if we have an owner that gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Ouch. Totally spot on. A depressing read even though many of these points have been discussed here.

Pick #16, no real offensive talent under contract, no cap space, retread assistants = 8-8 or worse again.

Live we've all said, they have to nail this draft to have a chance in 2018.

Yup. Like @devpanchwagh said this week, this franchise needs a Saints-type draft to save itself. That + Yanda, Young and Lewis returning healthy...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

This La Canfora quote from the article was painful to read but 100% true:

"They have just enough talent to finish ahead of the dregs of the AFC (a deep list in this weak 2017 season) and not bad enough to secure a top-10 pick."

On the positive side at least we're better than the NFL dregs? Ouch.

Really wish we could trade Jimmy. His achilles injury lowers his value pretty significantly. Idk maybe we could trade him for Dez straight up ?

Blog Entries

Pretty on the money article and frankly, while it's all stuff that us die-hards have known and been saying for a long time, the more heat and exposure the national media put on the franchise and Harbaugh in particular, the better.

Better than Peter King who still seems to think Harbaugh could pull Gruden money as a FA coach, LMAO.

I'd like to say at least it's probably playoffs or bust next season, but most of us thought that going into this season and, well, here we are. Continuity, yay. Mighty men, yay.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    This La Canfora quote from the article was painful to read but 100% true:

"They have just enough talent to finish ahead of the dregs of the AFC (a deep list in this weak 2017 season) and not bad enough to secure a top-10 pick."

On the positive side at least we're better than the NFL dregs? Ouch.

It's that Purgatory thing...

Not bad enough to be helpful.
    But bad enough to just miss the playoffs year-after-year.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Similar to the article I posted a week ago. I think that was USA Today but could be wrong. Either way, it's not like it's difficult stuff to see. It's just a small market team doing the same thing and now warrants exposure. Baltimore is not under the microscope like bigger markets are.

I don't disagree with any of it.

A Saints-like draft is what we need and I have zero confidence that's what we are going to get becuase I don't have faith that we have the right forward looking vision. That extends beyond Harbaugh.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Does everybody agree with the end of the article where La Canfora opines that Harbaugh should be given a fresh long term pact from the team?