Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Final NFL QB Rankings by PFF Player Grades, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Lol! C’mon man. Do you seriously believe that? With this scheme, and group of pass catchers? If not for the Jags defense Bortles would not have even sniffed the playoffs this year.
    I wouldn't of said it if I didn't believe it. I think you are discounting how bad Flacco was to start the season sure he had that little spurt at the end but for most of the year he was putting up Kizer like numbers.

If you don't think competent qb play early would have made a difference then I don't know what to tell you. All this bemoaning about the last game and look I get it - it was a sucky way to lose the season but the good teams with good qb's take care of business early.

Blog Entries

7 of his 13 interceptions bounced off of his pass catcher's hands.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

^lolz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I think Joe is part of the reason. He missed two probable touchdowns to Wallace in the first half of that Bengals game. Of course, we also had a ton of drops. That's why I say part of the reason and not THE reason.
    I know you see qbs every week hitting 50 yard passes in 8 degree weather. It's such bullshit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I wouldn't of said it if I didn't believe it. I think you are discounting how bad Flacco was to start the season sure he had that little spurt at the end but for most of the year he was putting up Kizer like numbers.

If you don't think competent qb play early would have made a difference then I don't know what to tell you. All this bemoaning about the last game and look I get it - it was a sucky way to lose the season but the good teams with good qb's take care of business early.
    How about the 4th to last game? The defense was sold as elite. Some clowns here were comparing it to the 06 or the unthinkable the 2000 defense. They were built to be "The best" they Failed miserably. We drafted Cbs instead of WRs because the genius Ozzie was Zigging instead of Zagging. We signed a saftey the top Fa saftey to stop blowing 4th qtr leads. They Failed. AGAIN. Same as they Failed in 14 SAME AS they failed on Xmas in 16. Do you think the offense would have looked better with Alshon Jeffery. How much worse would the defense have looked with Web and Weddle as safeties? This offense talent wise is bottom 5 yet some how was "Elevated" to give the Billion dollar defense two score leads in Pittsburgh, and a 3 point lead at home with Dalton needing to drive 90 yards in 2 mins, to lose they fail so miserably they can't even just give up a tie

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    How about the 4th to last game? The defense was sold as elite. Some clowns here were comparing it to the 06 or the unthinkable the 2000 defense. They were built to be "The best" they Failed miserably. We drafted Cbs instead of WRs because the genius Ozzie was Zigging instead of Zagging. We signed a saftey the top Fa saftey to stop blowing 4th qtr leads. They Failed. AGAIN. Same as they Failed in 14 SAME AS they failed on Xmas in 16. Do you think the offense would have looked better with Alshon Jeffery. How much worse would the defense have looked with Web and Weddle as safeties? This offense talent wise is bottom 5 yet some how was "Elevated" to give the Billion dollar defense two score leads in Pittsburgh, and a 3 point lead at home with Dalton needing to drive 90 yards in 2 mins, to lose they fail so miserably they can't even just give up a tie

After the Ravens went up 27-24 the Defense held Cincy to 3 and out. All the offense had to do was hold the ball for 3 first downs and it was game over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    After the Ravens went up 27-24 the Defense held Cincy to 3 and out. All the offense had to do was hold the ball for 3 first downs and it was game over.
    Shhhhhh... youre gonna get yelled at.

They also faced 9 drives in the first half because the offense was so dog shit bad. Offense also gave up 7 of the 27 points on their own stemming from a poor throw and even poorer attempt at a catch. There’s clearly a narrative around here that the Bengal loss is on the defense and its far from true. Both sides shoulder a lot of the blame, but the poorly constructed offense is ultimately the biggest reason we lost that game.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Shhhhhh... youre gonna get yelled at.

They also faced 9 drives in the first half because the offense was so dog shit bad. Offense also gave up 7 of the 27 points on their own stemming from a poor throw and even poorer attempt at a catch. There’s clearly a narrative around here that the Bengal loss is on the defense and its far from true. Both sides shoulder a lot of the blame, but the poorly constructed offense is ultimately the biggest reason we lost that game.
    I'm a critic of the offense and of Average Joe as a rule, and in the larger scheme of things that's obviously a bigger problem than the defense. But consider the situation against Cincy: your team has a three-point lead with seconds remaining and you've got the opponent in a 4th-and-12 with a playoff spot on the line. Your defense has to step up there. They didn't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I'm a critic of the offense and of Average Joe as a rule, and in the larger scheme of things that's obviously a bigger problem than the defense. But consider the situation against Cincy: your team has a three-point lead with seconds remaining and you've got the opponent in a 4th-and-12 with a playoff spot on the line. Your defense has to step up there. They didn't.
    Not defending the defense. They failed. The game as a whole is still more important than one play.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    The game as a whole is still more important than one play.
    Your statement isn't wrong. And this teams' offense is badly lacking. But true playoff caliber defenses step up late when the game (and postseason) is on the line.

Blog Entries

Your statement isn't wrong. And this teams' offense is badly lacking. But playoff caliber defenses step up late when the game (and postseason) is on the line.
    Well no, I’d say dominate defenses do that. Good but not great defenses, as I would characterize this one, are 50/50 propositions in that spot. They were in that spot twice in the game, stopped them the first time and failed the second time. This clearly was a defense worthy of the playoffs, but the team as a whole was not.

The situation in Cincy wasn't the point. Good teams take care of their business early. Tenn, Minn, Pitt, Chi were all winnable games had Flacco played well.