Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Do you think the offense next season will look more like the second half or first of 2017

In my opinion, Siragusa is not close to being ready yet. He really has to work on his lower body strength and structure for that matter. On his college tape, you could see where he just didn't have the bend you want to see when he wasn't going straight forward, and hardly then.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Do you think the offense next season will look more like the second half or first of 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Because in the small sample size Lewis proved to be an Above-Average talent at LG. That's what Filmstudy graded him at and the FO also sees him as a Pro-Bowler according to Zrebiec. The way it looks now, Quentin Nelson will be out of range so Lewis is the guy at LG. Obviously he has to stay healthy.

And where in the hell did I say Siragusa was a "lock" to be above average? Potential implies he could be that good not guaranteed. Every scouting report on him said that he has a high ceiling in a Power Gap scheme and he was taking 1st team reps at G before going down.

I don't see the FO being able to bring Hurst back and they'll probably opt for the Comp Pick

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Lmao you have Siragusa under the "done deal" section. Your list pal, not mine.

Key word on Lewis is "small sample size".

Again, you're putting it under "done deal".

How you can say either of those 2 are done deals is beyond me. A lot of hype IMO.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I'm sick of getting hyped over guys every year and them doing nothing.

I'm taking the "what have you done for me lately" approach. All Lewis has done is get hurt lately.

Does he have potential? Absolutely, 100%. He looked very solid. But you can't make the club from the tub. Get healthy and prove me wrong.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I think they're going all in on offense this off season. They're up against the cap, but i think they'll find a way to make a good FA signing for a receiver. One of those 2 first picks in the draft will be WR. They'll go after more line help and they'll add a TE. The defense is set. I sense some urgency at the Castle to make it happen on offense.

Marty M is in his 2nd full season and Greg Roman is coming back. They hired a QB coach for Joe and Joe is healthy. Yanda and Lewis are back and they can take a look at Siragusa now. The offense will look more like the 2nd half of 2017.

Calling it now. Playoffs in 2018.

This is a year where They should be drafting at least TWO WRs. At least. Just load up. Draft enough that 1 hits. Seriously.

I htink they have 8 picks. If 2-3 aren't WRs, they are dumb. Get some bodies up here that are young and under control for a while.

Spend at 1-2 pick on o-line.

Consider finding 1 more TE with Crockett Donezo, consider a LB if you think he can cover at TE. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Lmao you have Siragusa under the "done deal" section. Your list pal, not mine.

Key word on Lewis is "small sample size".

Again, you're putting it under "done deal".

How you can say either of those 2 are done deals is beyond me. A lot of hype IMO.
    Done as in they're definitely on the roster next year, that's it. christ, It's not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Done as in they're definitely on the roster next year, that's it. christ, It's not that complicated.

Then why would you ignore guys like Stanley who are obvioulsy "done deals" to be on the roster. Sounds pretty complicated.

Either way, hype it up!!!!
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Then why would you ignore guys like Stanley who are obvioulsy "done deals" to be on the roster. Sounds pretty complicated.

Either way, hype it up!!!!
    I CLEARLY said additions to the Offense next year in my original post. Meaning guys who didn't contribute this year. That would not include Stanley who played only guys like Lewis and Goose who didn't. Again, not that freaking complicated.

Blog Entries

Uh oh.................................International incident.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think the offense will be as good as it was in the 2nd half of the season for 5 reasons:
    1. RBs - Alex Collins proved he was capable of being the primary guy. Good speed and power guy. Dixon will be back along with Buck Allen. 2nd year in the system. That is all better than the 2nd half of this year.
    2. Oline - The Oline will be better next year. It could not be any worse than this year when you had to plug in Hurst and Skura at the guard position. There is a bit of concern if they lose Jensen but having Skura to go along with Lewis and Yanda is a plus. Loomie is also a year older. He was considered a project when he was drafted and was forced to play this year. He should be better prepared to be a back up next year. Hopefully Siragusa is back and ready to be a back up as well. New Oline coach will be in 2nd year. The work that he and Roman did with the Oline was amazing. Getting Lewis and Yanda back is a huge plus.
    3. Playmakers - They literally could not be any worse than they were in the 2nd half of this year. I don't know who they are yet but it would be almost impossible for it to be any worse. When you are rolling out 1 trick pony Wallace as your #1 and Moore as your #2 it can only go up. Watson made some key chain moving catches but he was not dynamic at all. Only place to go is up.
    4. 2nd year in the system for everyone(Roman, MM, Oline Coach and Players).
    5. Healthy off season for Flacco and QB coach. Flacco taking part in training camp and pre season will allow him to come into the season ready to go.

If we had lost Greg Roman, I would have said that our offense would have a good chance of being like the first half. It would put more passing yards and passing stats but it would be wildly inconsistent as the run game would disappear under just MM.

Blog Entries

It's way too early to speculate. We don't even know who is playing at wide receiver next year. I do see there being a goal of balancing the pass with the run given the expected running backs who will be on this team. Almost everything else is going to have to wait for the some clarity on the roster

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Uh oh.................................International incident.
    At least he didn't reference our nose guard depth chart....
    - Ray Lewis