Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

PSL watch - over 4000 seats for sale and rising

I figured with how this season has transpired after the FO and coaching staff turned a deaf ear to the fans last season...it might be time to see what affect it is having on sales. I know that over 300 seats have gone on sale since the end of the game. I know my PSLs have been on sale for a number of months, with not one nibble.

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or comments since this is another indicator of how fans are reacting to the dropoff in the quality of the product on the field.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Re: PSL watch - over 4000 seats for sale and rising

This is the only stance the fans stand at forcing the owner to do something about this mess.

Harbaugh thinks everything is right, he has great coaches, great players (play makers actually) and MM is an offensive genius.

He told everyone yesterday, he will be promoting or hiring someone who will continue to use and implement this garbage defensive scheme, the same we have witnessed for 8 years under pees.

I wish I was ready to buy but with my part time job i cant. Its great time to buy

Wonder how many of those is because of the protest vs the play on the field.

Would be curious for the breakdown

Blog Entries

I just checked the PSL Market Place for my section. In most instances people are asking more than double what they originally sold for. There's only one listing that is below what the original price was.

I bought my 2 PSLs back in 2000 for $500 a piece. So by 2020 I would have paid $50 a season for the right to buy regular season tickets, playoff tickets, use NFL Replay for free, get the team discount at the store which I've used plenty and whatever other rewards owners get. It was worth for me. With the exception of this season I've attended almost every game.

I'm not selling (or dumping) my PSLs anytime soon, unless for some reason the players start protesting again.
    Last edited by ERey; 01-05-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Wonder how many of those is because of the protest vs the play on the field.

Would be curious for the breakdown
    No way of determining that but it honestly doesn't matter.

Loss of revenue is a loss of revenue. I have always thought the PSL license was bullshit, its kept people like me from being able to afford season tickets. $5000 on average is a giant chunk bite in the ass on top of over priced tickets, lousy over priced stadium concessions, parking prices that are way over priced. $40 to park my car in the ghetto and hope its not stolen or towed by the time i leave the stadium?

I used to have great parking on West street inside a computer recycling warehouse, but the 3 block walk to the stadium walking through that crime riddled area was hardly worth the price of admission.

I love going to the game, but supporting a family, and spending a few thousand dollars a year on tickets and other stuff all while supporting a team content with losing has pushed this blue collar fans away.

Shelling out money you don't have to see a winner is one thing, doing for a team that cant make the post season is another

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I just checked the PSL Market Place for my section. In most instances people are asking more than double what they originally sold for. There's only one listing that is below what the original price was.
    The current PSL marketplace average selling price is well below what the team is selling the PSL's for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    The current PSL marketplace average asking price is well below what the team is selling the PSL's for.
    I don't know what my section goes for today. I was one of the original to get in so if I ever sold I would just be happy get what I paid. But to your point that sucks.

Blog Entries

I just referred to this in another thread. the renewal rate im less intersted in. thats clearly going to go down, by product on the field and/or protest objectors. Ill be more interested to see what the final tally is. There will be people that dont care or support the protests that will be waiting to buy these, or at least some of them.

itll be a talking point, but i doubt it ends up anywhere near these first numbers.
    -JAB

I'd imagine that its pretty rare to decline to renew your season tickets, as they have a market value. If you were fed up and wanted out, wouldn't you just sell the PSL's on the market place?

I think it is a combination of both. Some folks who I know who were diehard fans are selling their PSLs and won't go to games over the kneeling in London. There are other folks who are annoyed by the protests but would still attend games but are not because of the combination of the product on the field and the protests. There are folks who don't care about or approve of protests that are staying away because of the product on the field. The Ravens are really getting hit with a triple whammy. The only thing that the Ravens could have done to change the tone would have been to make some sweeping changes aimed towards improving the product on the field. If they lose Roman and promote Wink that would be a pr disaster for the team.

Blog Entries

Was 2009 or 2010 the high point for PSLs available for sale? How does this number compare with that time frame?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I'd imagine that its pretty rare to decline to renew your season tickets, as they have a market value. If you were fed up and wanted out, wouldn't you just sell the PSL's on the market place?
    That assumes you can find a buyer. Just out of curiosity I'll be watching some listings in my section that appear to be reasonably priced. (of course the market determines what is ultimately "reasonably" priced)