Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Another great cap article from Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I don't get it Smoove. I thought our cap situation was getting better, not worse.

Somebody needs to be held accountable. How is it that we are up against the cap every year with a mediocre team?
    because Ozzie is burning draft picks who are sitting on IR or the bench. Take a look at Correa, Kafusi, Bowers, Williams, Wormley etc....

instead of grabbing a WR, or TE or a skill position guy who can play more downs they like seeing all these great players sitting on the bench.

Blog Entries

If you're tight against the cap why do you bring in another safety and sign a run stuffing Nat to the highest contract (and then give up 4 yards a carry for the first time in 20 years) this is laughable this team has been constructed terribly since the super bowl. HINT QUIT TRYING TO BUILD A FUCKING DEFENSE IT DOES NOT WORK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    This team is probably going to have to get worse before it gets better. Instead of kicking the can down the road under the delusion that we are close to being Superbowl contenders I would prefer they just yank the bandaid off.
    This!

They keep thinking they are a Hester, Woodhead or Maclin away from a title. That's just not reality.

The only issue is that you have a QB who needs support. By the time you get in better cap situation Flacco could be 35 and a lot worse

Blog Entries

One thing that is very clear is that the young guys who were hurt or not good enough to get on the field have to contribute. They also need at least 2 starters for 2018 from this draft.

Blog Entries

It doesn't look that bad tbh there's a lot of savings if we cut into the defense and all you Flacco haters are not going to like it at all when he's restructured coming up. I see a two year extension with a lot more guaranteed money

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This!

They keep thinking they are a Hester, Woodhead or Maclin away from a title. That's just not reality.

The only issue is that you have a QB who needs support. By the time you get in better cap situation Flacco could be 35 and a lot worse
    He's going to be extended I'm betting two years

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    It doesn't look that bad tbh there's a lot of savings if we cut into the defense and all you Flacco haters are not going to like it at all when he's restructured coming up. I see a two year extension with a lot more guaranteed money

They are already feeling the effects of previous restructures. I don't want to see anymore (with Flacco or anyone else). For what? For us to be talking week 16 about the different scenarios of the Ravens sneaking into playoffs and who they would be playing on the road wildcard weekend? I've read that book too many times.

If we didn't restructure all these contracts the last 2-3 years, we'd have another $8-9 million in cap space easy, probably significantly more.

Dead money killed the cap the previous years, this year the bill for restructuring all those contracts is coming due.

Honestly, IMHO, this team will never have a fully healthy cap situation until Joe is gone...and it's not necessarily just because his contract...when he's gone, we likely will have a mini rebuild where other high salaried guys will be let go as well.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post

oh we know they gonna kick that can down the road lol

10. Re: Another great cap article from Brian

We're really starting to feel the effects of the lackluster drafts. When you have more players busting than hitting in the first two days of the draft, that means more money having to be spent on veterans at those positions. I just don't see how we can keep going down this road. WE NEED CHANGE!

This just reinforces my belief that it's time for Ozzie to retire. We're not getting enough play/production out of our draft picks.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

So again we are in camp hell for two to three more years unless we just bite the bucket and take a dump on one years cap space. Expect to be 4-12 that year and start a real rebuild.