Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Who's out there?

Realistically who do we go after this offseason to bolster our passing attack?

Notable free agents in order of most receiving yrds last year: GP = games played

(987) Jarvis Landry GP: 16
    (748) Mike Wallace GP: 15
    (703) Paul Richardson GP: 16
    (702) Marqise Lee GP: 14
    (593) Sammy Watkins GP: 15
    (563) Erick Decker GP : 16
    (520) Jimmy Graham GP: 16
    (282) Jordan Mathews GP: 10
    (46) Tyler Eifert GP: 2
    (17) Allen Robinson GP: 01

Potential trade targets: C.H= cap hit

-Demaryius Thomas (DEN) c.h: $8.5M
    -Kelvin Benjamin (BUF) c.h: $8.5M
    -Doug Baldwin (SEA) c.h: $8.25
    -Keenan Allen (LAC) c.h $7.5M
    -Golden Tate (DET) c.h: $7M
    -Greg Olsen (CAR) c.h: $6.5
    -Brandon Marshall (NYG) c.h: $5M

Re: Who's out there?

I have a feeling that our cap is going to make going after anyone worth a shit problematic.

Ozzie needs to wake up from his Rip Van Winkle draft slumber, get his head out of his ass and draft WRs that (a) aren't pussies (b) can catch the ball and (c) will actually go up and contest catches like they want them. It's time to stop spending Megabucks on aging receivers or guys that don't give a shit like Maclin.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Dez Bryant is a possible candidate to get cut.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Dez Bryant is a possible candidate to get cut.
    Sure, that's a possibility. I'm sure Dez and Flacco would develop a tight productive working relationship.

Or we could ask Charles Manson to babysit some kids. Probably work out just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Sure, that's a possibility. I'm sure Dez and Flacco would develop a tight productive working relationship.

Or we could ask Charles Manson to babysit some kids. Probably work out just as well.
    I think Dez would do well with the Ravens. It's not like Dak and Dez have great chemistry. Dez is ready for a change.

They won't have cap space to sign anybody big. Dumping a bunch of bad contracts might free up enough cash to bring back Mike Wallace, that's probably the move they'll make.

They need to look to the draft for pass catching help. Hopefully they can use the extra 3rd round comp pick from Wagner (that is now tradeable) to ensure they get a starting caliber WR and TE in the first 2 rounds.

Blog Entries

I have a feeling that our cap is going to make going after anyone worth a shit problematic.

Ozzie needs to wake up from his Rip Van Winkle draft slumber, get his head out of his ass and draft WRs that (a) aren't pussies (b) can catch the ball and (c) will actually go up and contest catches like they want them. It's time to stop spending Megabucks on aging receivers or guys that don't give a shit like Maclin.
    Hmmm, sounds like Courtland Sutton (SMU) to me... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by unbelievable View Post
    Realistically who do we go after this offseason to bolster our passing attack?

Notable free agents in order of most receiving yrds last year: GP = games played

(987) Jarvis Landry GP: 16
    (748) Mike Wallace GP: 15
    (703) Paul Richardson GP: 16
    (702) Marqise Lee GP: 14
    (593) Sammy Watkins GP: 15
    (563) Erick Decker GP : 16
    (520) Jimmy Graham GP: 16
    (282) Jordan Mathews GP: 10
    (46) Tyler Eifert GP: 2
    (17) Allen Robinson GP: 01

Potential trade targets: C.H= cap hit

-Demaryius Thomas (DEN) c.h: $8.5M
    -Kelvin Benjamin (BUF) c.h: $8.5M
    -Doug Baldwin (SEA) c.h: $8.25
    -Keenan Allen (LAC) c.h $7.5M
    -Golden Tate (DET) c.h: $7M
    -Greg Olsen (CAR) c.h: $6.5
    -Brandon Marshall (NYG) c.h: $5M
    Is that the cap hit on their current team for 2018, or what we'd be on the hook for?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    They won't have cap space to sign anybody big. Dumping a bunch of bad contracts might free up enough cash to bring back Mike Wallace, that's probably the move they'll make.

They need to look to the draft for pass catching help. Hopefully they can use the extra 3rd round comp pick from Wagner (that is now tradeable) to ensure they get a starting caliber WR and TE in the first 2 rounds.
    That's not true at all they just paid BWill 12 million per and signed him last year with a worse cap situation. Also Jefferson and Carr and Woodhead and Maclin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    That's not true at all they just paid BWill 12 million per and signed him last year with a worse cap situation. Also Jefferson and Carr and Woodhead and Maclin

So if my home budget is stretched and I go out and buy a Mercedes S Class and a bunch of other expensive toys, I should be able to do the same thing next year with only a marginal increase in income. Makes sense to me.

From watching tape all the top wrs in this draft aren't great at going up for contested balls.

I’m pretty sure Crabtree will be cut by the Raiders. He would be a great addition.