Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: If you were a hot offensive-minded coaching candidate, would you want to coach this team?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    What exactly was Brees record the last few years before having him rely on running the ball a lot more? Could have sworn he was 7-9 a few years in a row

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup, 3 years in a row until this year. I was hoping they bombed again and moved on from Payton and us hiring him as the HC...

Re: If you were a hot offensive-minded coaching candidate, would you want to coach this team?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yes. Joe Flacco is proven. If you are an offensive minded Head Coach, you are going to look at this team and ask:

Where is the QB Coach?
    Why is there a Run Game coordinator of a completely different philosophy from the OC?
    Where are the WRs?
    Where are the TEs?
    Where is the Offensive Line depth?

Then, you'll review tape and see that Flacco stills makes the clutch throws at the end of the game. Even without Flacco, you're going to pound the desk for fifty different things on the offense, from coaching to talent.

Now, if Ozzie can get with that or DeCosta takes over and he can get with that, then yes, you want to come here. Otherwise, you may only want to come here, because there are only 32 Head Coaching spots and you want one of them.
    While reviewing the tape they’ll also see sloppy mechanics, poor footwork, accuracy issues, and below average situational awareness.

Not saying Joe doesn’t do anything good. The tape is just going to show a wildly inconsistent QB.

No potential HC is drooling at the thought of hitching their wagon to Joe Flacco. But I do think a more offensive oriented mind could squeeze a little more out of him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Expectations are so low that everyone here wanted MM fired almost immediately. The offense has finally started doing well in the last third of the season and no one cares, everyone still wants him fired anyway.
    Don't count me among them. I was quite skeptical of Marty early on, but in the 2nd half of the season the Ravens were scoring a lot of points. As much as I wanted Pees to go, that's how much I want MM to stay. Add a couple of decent offensive players and 2018 will finally be a fun year to watch the Ravens... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    While reviewing the tape they’ll also see sloppy mechanics, poor footwork, accuracy issues, and below average situational awareness.

Not saying Joe doesn’t do anything good. The tape is just going to show a wildly inconsistent QB.

No potential HC is drooling at the thought of hitching their wagon to Joe Flacco. But I do think a more offensive oriented mind could squeeze a little more out of him.

Any offensive mind of quality is going to look at the infrastructure here and convince themselves that they can fix him. They're going to start with common sense changes. They are going to build an offensive system around his strengths. Then, they are going to, wait for it.........................give him a QB coach. From there, they will pound the desk for better weaponry, which is something they would do no matter who their QB of choice became. They aren't just going to look at what he is, they are going to look at why. When they see the mess that's around him, they are going to think they can be the hero, because that's what coaches do with guys who have shown something at any point in their careers.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Yup, 3 years in a row until this year. I was hoping they bombed again and moved on from Payton and us hiring him as the HC...
    Me too, me too I think we were even talking about it in the off season

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Me too, me too I think we were even talking about it in the off season

I'm sure we were, would of been nice to see if there would of been a difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

As a HC and offensive minded coach would absolutely take this job. The only thing they would need is a commitment from the front office to invest in the offense. The offensive minded coach would not have to worry about the defensive side of the ball. The talent is there and with the right DC could improve on past performance. The offensive minded coach would look at the potential of the offense with just adding a few legit weapons to the mix. The offense came on in the 2nd half of the year with a makeshift oline and only really Mike Wallace at wr. The Oline has talent to build on when they get the injured players back. Collins looks like the real deal. Flacco has proven he can play in crunch time. This team needs a few weapons and some good coaching. There is no reason this team can't be like the Rams with the right coach.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    As a HC and offensive minded coach would absolutely take this job. The only thing they would need is a commitment from the front office to invest in the offense. The offensive minded coach would not have to worry about the defensive side of the ball. The talent is there and with the right DC could improve on past performance. The offensive minded coach would look at the potential of the offense with just adding a few legit weapons to the mix. The offense came on in the 2nd half of the year with a makeshift oline and only really Mike Wallace at wr. The Oline has talent to build on when they get the injured players back. Collins looks like the real deal. Flacco has proven he can play in crunch time. This team needs a few weapons and some good coaching. There is no reason this team can't be like the Rams with the right coach.
    Except for the fact that they are in cap hell. Oh and they've never drafted a top WR since Ozzie has been GM.
    So how in the heck would they supply this offensive guru with talent?? I think the Ravens philosophy, or lack thereof, towards offensive talent would definitely make a top coordinator hesitant.

That's before even mentioning having to get Flacco to buy into yet another new system.

I think there might be some better places to make your mark in the NFL than the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    I think there might be some better places to make your mark in the NFL than the Ravens.
    And worse, too.

Last year's Rams were an extremely attractive option, with a young talented QB who was getting bad coaching, and a lot of recent high draft picks that were poorly used. There are places with more DRAFT resources, so you can get started on your rebuild right away, with exactly the pieces you want to pick and a shit-ton of cap room – but you have to work for the Haslems in Cleveland. Oakland is attractive with Carr, but their ownership hasn't exactly displayed patience and resolve.

Every job is a mixed bag. If a situation is perfect, they don't need to hire a new coach. Here you have a steady hand from ownership, an organizational reputation for treating people with class, a strong personnel dept. We have cap problems, and unbalanced roster, and an uncuttable QB who may not take coaching as well as he should. But if you get a 3- or 4-year commitment, there's a good foundation for success here.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post

I would be surprised if The Ravens don't show interest in bringing Jim Caldwell back. Joe Flacco needs a better quarterback coach and someone that can bring the best out of him consistently. Jim Caldwell is the best guy for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogidriver View Post
    Except for the fact that they are in cap hell. Oh and they've never drafted a top WR since Ozzie has been GM.
    So how in the heck would they supply this offensive guru with talent?? I think the Ravens philosophy, or lack thereof, towards offensive talent would definitely make a top coordinator hesitant.

That's before even mentioning having to get Flacco to buy into yet another new system.

The Rams traded for Sammy Watkins. They drafted Cooper Kupp this past year. Prior to McVay getting there their drafts looked very similar to the Ravens. They missed on a bunch of high draft pick receivers. The Oline and Gurley were not all that productive. What situations look better? Arizona? No. No QB and not in the position to draft one. Fitz is close to retiring. Great RB. Raiders? Yes. Good young QB and good young WR in Cooper. Defense is not very good. Raiders may be more attractive only because of the importance of the QB and Carr being young. Giants: No. Closer to retirement than Joe. OBJ is gone. Great young TE and Good receiver in Shepherd. Defense is not very good. Oline is an absolute horror show. No running game. Detroit: Maybe. Stafford is good. Defense is bottom 5. Offense has been under a very good offensive mind in Cooter the last couple of years so an offensive minded coach is not going to add a whole lot to the situation. Bears: No. Trubisky was awful. Not a ton of talent anywhere. Defense is decent but not great. Colts: Luck may never be the same. Other than Luck the franchise is a train wreck. Jim Irsay is the owner.

Of all the openings right now the only one that would probably be considered better would be Oakland and maybe Detroit. Oakland would be #1 because with Carr, Cooper and Oline an offensive guru could make a huge impact. That is why Gruden is interested. Detroit may be better than Bmore but I would say probably not. Cooter who is an offensive guru has already turned around the offense. Stafford and the offense was struggling under Lombardi. When they made the change to Cooter Stafford and the offense took off. They really need a defensive guy to fix the defense to go with the offense. Stafford still has not shown up in the playoffs. 3 games and 3 losses.

I do agree that the coach coming in would need a commitment from the front office to devote some resources to the offense otherwise it would be tough sledding. But lets be honest if the Ravens jettison Harbaugh I expect that to come with the retirement of Ozzie as well. The front office philosophy on down would be different. Ozzie and Harbaugh have the great defense and run the ball mentality.

Yes elite ST and good defense.