Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ravens whining

1. ravens whining

i am a ravens fan til i die, so don't question my "fanhood". but i gotta be honest, i think it's classless and juvenile for the ravens to be in the media complaining about how the refs "robbed" us of a victory monday night. as hard as we fought, and as much respect as we earned on a national stage, i think we diminished everything by appearing in front of the media complaining about the refs and claiming that there was a "conspiracy". yeah, there were questionable calls made down the stretch, but video evidence and hindsight shows us that there is nothing that was totally uncalled for. the fact of the matter is that we couldn't hold on to the ball late in the fourth quarter when the pats put 9 in the box and we had to put the ball in brady's hands with time left on the clock. that is on our coaching staff and one-dimensionality. the fact of the matter is that we should have had some ability to get a first down and the game would have been over. say what you want about the timeout (valid call), the false start (valid call), and the holding penalty (unnecessary, but valid call) - billick and the birds need to do better in the fourth quarter when it matters. what do y'all think?

Blog Entries

Re: ravens whining

most of that complaining came right after the game, when emotions were high...i think since then, we've quieted down and moved on.

that said, a lot of the calls WERE questionable, but you always get questionable calls. The head of officiating said he wouldn't have overturned Gaffney's TD, but he did see some movement. There was holding on Jamaine Winborne, but everyone who's seen it said it was pretty minor and odd that they called it considering how many worse holding instances AREN'T called in the game...

But again, we've moved on. We played hard and fought till the end, circumstances and miscues led us to lose. We dust off and learn our mistakes in time for Indy.

Its the media that wont let the story die... The players are done with it.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh
    Its the media that wont let the story die... The players are done with it.
    It was overblown by the media to begin with, IMO -- it was only a few players who were complaining about the officiating, but if you listened to ESPN you would think it was everyone on the team.

Although some calls (and non-calls) were iffy, I don't think we lost the game strictly because of the refs. But I'm still bothered over the trash-talking that was directed at Rolle and some of the coaches by the officials, or at least one of them. I heard Derrick Mason on FoxSportsRadio this morning answering questions about it, and although I don't think at any point did he blame the loss on officiating, he did say it was unusual to hear refs cursing at coaches and players like they did in this game.

Im a huge Ravens fan too.. but this type of behavior is typical for this team.. and people wonder why the Ravens are disliked around the country.. Like i said in another thread, i cant wait till this team loses all the thugs and selfish players that currently wear the uniform.. (Ray, Odgen, Suggs, Scott, etc)

Even tho i hate the Colts and Steelers.. There players are much more likeable then the crew we have wearing purple.. They play with class.. to bad the Steelers fans dont have the same class as there team..

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Im a huge Ravens fan too.. but this type of behavior is typical for this team.. and people wonder why the Ravens are disliked around the country.. Like i said in another thread, i cant wait till this team loses all the thugs and selfish players that currently wear the uniform.. (Ray, Odgen, Suggs, Scott, etc)
    Even tho i hate the Colts and Steelers.. There players are much more likeable then the crew we have wearing purple.. They play with class.. to bad the Steelers fans dont have the same class as there team..
    Just getting rid of the players doing it now won't help. The real problem is the coaching staff, specifically Billick, fosters that "us against them", "everybody is against us" mentality. As you can see the younger players are picking it up so it will continue until we have a coach that takes a different approach to motivating the team.
    You can see he's doing it again by bringing up that the officials are probably going to be really watching the Ravens and holding a grudge, etc.
    Just stop that kind of crap and maybe, just maybe, some of this out of control behavior will stop. I refuse to believe it is mutually exclusive to play with emotion and passion and also control and civilized behavior.

Thumbs down Re: ravens whining

Putting JO on that list is so wrong it is blasphemous.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I don't think it is, he storms around on the sideline like a five year old girl having a tantrum, throwing stuff and carrying on. I've seen it happen more than once this season. I don't recall seeing him do it on the field but it's still there for everyone to see.

Yes but the words used were "thugs" and "selfish players." Now if the list had included "short tempered," that would have been different. But JO is neither a thug or a selfish player, and if you are going to accuse him of either one please back it up with something other then comments about his temper.

Also Next Man Up described JO pretty thoroughly in a couple places. Even if I were to agree that losing one's temper was by definition selfish, which I don't in this context, anybody who has read that book would understand that characterizing JO as a thug is absurd. Blasphemous even.

He is as educated and perceptive as anyone on the team, or at least, anyone on the team described in that book. He was trusted by the FO itself to be its representative in sensitive situations. Lord knows he does not deserve the dumb ass comments directed his way during a season when, for the first time in ages, he might not be playing Pro Bowl worthy.

The guy has one down year and people here want to impugn his character. :grbac:

You want to say he should retire? Fine. But don't throw dirt on him. He doesn't deserve it. Of all the players who have worn the purple and black, nobody has combined what he does on and off the field, in the community and between the lines. Nobody.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

10. Re: ravens whining

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post

Honestly I think you have NO class!! Calling yourself a fan but then calling out our HOF players!!
    If it was not for those "thugs and selfish players" I do not think Baltimore would have the ring it has!

I honestly dislike any fan that can call out certian players on a team, may it be a Ravens fan or a Redskins fan! Disgusted by this kind of talk!

One more time for those who may not yet know...
    Crapravens is NOT a real ravens fan.
    He is a troll, stop letting him highjack threads.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Yes but the words used were "thugs" and "selfish players." Now if the list had included "short tempered," that would have been different. But JO is neither a thug or a selfish player, and if you are going to accuse him of either one please back it up with something other then comments about his temper.

Also Next Man Up described JO pretty thoroughly in a couple places. Even if I were to agree that losing one's temper was by definition selfish, which I don't in this context, anybody who has read that book would understand that characterizing JO as a thug is absurd. Blasphemous even.

He is as educated and perceptive as anyone on the team, or at least, anyone on the team described in that book. He was trusted by the FO itself to be its representative in sensitive situations. Lord knows he does not deserve the dumb ass comments directed his way during a season when, for the first time in ages, he might not be playing Pro Bowl worthy.

The guy has one down year and people here want to impugn his character. :grbac:

You want to say he should retire? Fine. But don't throw dirt on him. He doesn't deserve it. Of all the players who have worn the purple and black, nobody has combined what he does on and off the field, in the community and between the lines. Nobody.
    Festivus, You are correct, Ogden is definitely not a thug and shouldn't be called one. I apologize for quoting that portion of the comment. I do, however, believe the tantrums are a selfish act born of not having things the way he wants them.
    As far as CRP being a "troll", so what - as the saying goes even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. Just because he's a troll, if he in fact is, doesn't mean some of his points aren't valid.