Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Your dream 2018 Offseason

DJ Moore automatically becomes the top WR. With him and Graham also being able to work the short to intermediate areas, it opens up Moore and Wallace to do what they do best, rather than having to try and force them to do what they don't do best to supplement your lack of guys who can work the shorter areas. Gabriel in the slot as well? Please.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Running Backs were for a long time considered major factors in offensive success.
    last few years wi teams like Cheatriots winning with average RBs or by-committee they were less-emphasized.
    now I think teams are appreciating again how valuable they are. Ravens O seems to have floundered a bit since Ray Rice (one good year by Forsette); Alex Collins and his yards-after-contact and ability to manufacture plays have helped jump-start.
    so maybe more teams will be looking harder at big-time RBs. (esp teams like ours that go out of their way to run the ball)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Judging from all the empty seats this year, I think Harbaugh is fired and Ozzie "retires". If that happens, I would like to see the Ravens get their cap in order. Hurst and Jensen probably played their way out of Baltimore given the dearth of quality offensive lineman.
    Draft: WR, CB, OL, RB

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Seattle Times' Bob Condotta passes along word that impending free agent Jimmy Graham is "generally considered really unlikely" to re-sign with the Seahawks.

Graham is 31 and headed toward free agency for the first time in his career. He scored 10 touchdowns this season, but Graham's usage has long been odd since being acquired from the Saints a few years ago. Graham and Russell Wilson are extremely good friends, which could help Seattle keep Graham -- if they even want to -- but he surely is going to test the market. Perhaps a return to the Saints could work out if New Orleans cuts its losses with Coby Fleener

Your dream 2018 Offseason

Cut:

Maclin
    Webb
    Carr
    Woodhead

Extend:

Suggs

Restructure:

Jefferson
    Jimmy Smith
    Brandon Williams

Resign:

Jensen
    Brent Urban to short “prove it” deal

Sign:

Jarvis Landry
    Jimmy Graham

Draft:

Calvin Ridley
    Best available RB in round 2
    Best available receiving OG in round 3
    Best available insider linebacker in round 4
    Developmental QB
    BPA
    BPA
    BPA...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

My dream as far as something that could realistically happen...

Re-sign Ryan Jensen
    Re-sign Mike Wallace
    Sign Jimmy Graham (the big ticket item)
    Sign Danny Amendola (slot receiver)
    Draft WR in 1st-2nd round
    Draft TE in 2nd-3rd round
    Draft RB in 3rd-5th round

Cut players as needed to accommodate starting with Maclin.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Fire Barbs and Pees
    Fire whoever is scouting our WR / TE

figuring in the cap :
    Cut #11, Wallace, Watson

Sign
    Ryan Grant
    Crabtree

Resign Jensen if his price is 6-10 center range

Draft
    DJ Moore
    Another RB
    TE
    Burn it down

Baltimore Ravens

Verified account

@Ravens
    9m9 minutes ago
    More
    Coach John Harbaugh will hold his season-ending press conference Thursday at 11 a.m. at the Ravens Under Armour Performance Center.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Cut:
    Maclin
    Webb
    Carr
    Woodhead
    Howard(Move Lewis to RT)

Trade:
    Moseley

Restructure:
    Yanda

Resign:

Jensen
    Brent Urban 1 year deal

Sign:

Jarvis Landry
    Jimmy Graham

Draft:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maclin
    Webb
    Carr
    Woodhead

Extend:

Suggs

Restructure:

Jefferson
    Jimmy Smith
    Brandon Williams

Resign:

Jensen
    Brent Urban to short “prove it” deal

Sign:

Jarvis Landry
    Jimmy Graham

Draft:

Trade up and get Q Nelson
    Best available TE/WR in round 2
    Best available TE/WR/RT/S with 3 picks in round 3 ( Moseley trade, Comp Pick)
    Best available potential ILB
    BPA
    BPA

Fire MM give reigns to Roman.
    Hire a QB coach
    Hire Pagano or some other aggressive DC

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Fire Barbs and Pees
    Fire whoever is scouting our WR / TE

figuring in the cap :
    Cut #11, Wallace, Watson

Sign
    Ryan Grant
    Crabtree

Resign Jensen if his price is 6-10 center range

Draft
    DJ Moore
    Another RB
    TE
    Who are we hiring? I think some forget when mentioning firing the hc, who is available. I do want a change too...just not sure who

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Regardless of our recent spark on offense, we still need a heavy emphasis on offense..

Additions
    Leveon Bell (highly unlikely but hey..)
    Trey Burton - No way staying in Philly to sit behind Ertz when he's ready to be a starter.
    Jarvis Landry

A receiving core of Leveon Bell, Trey Burton, Landry, Wallace, Maclin, and Moore is one I could totally vibe with.

A backfield combination of Bell-Collins is a gorgeous one too.

Notable Subtractions
    Watson
    West
    Campanaro
    Perripussy
    Woodhead

I think that's enough offense to go heavy on defense again in the draft.

Draft:
    Round 1 - Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson

We're in desperate need of a pass rusher and Suggs is not getting any younger. We'll have our own AB in Austin Bryant who has been a large part in Clemsons success.

Round 2 - Anthony Averett, CB, Alabama

An Alabama-filled secondary eh? Brandon Carr isn't cutting it and Jimmy can't stay on the field for a whole year so this way, we may see a tough young secondary that includes Humphrey, Young, and Averett.

Round 3 - KJ Malone, OG, LSU

He can play both tackle and guard and would give us much needed depth/versatility.

Rest of the draft: FS, more lineman, find a kick returner (tony pollard), depth, depth, depth, depth,

DREAM 2018 Ravens season

Evaluate the ENTIRE scouting department/staff determining who can/cannot evaluate a professional football player. Lastly, which scout knows how to find a suitable NFL WR? Do an evaluation on the whole department.

A possibility, maybe replace Ozzie as GM. It could be that a poor evaluation on players by the scouts could have given Ozzie Newsome a drop off as GM. 50/50 that Ozzie goes.

I argue that its possible that we stand pat with on our OC. Reason: Joe Flacco has had so many offensive coordinators that to keep changing them negatively affects his play. Consistency is so important.

*If we can accomplish most of the above, then I'll be happy heading into 2018.

P.S. I am not worried about our DC because I think the next one will simply be better than Pees.