Bart Scott's 2 penalties

at the end of the game was heart-breaking, but I have heard that he got his first penalty because there were some fans that threw beer cans on the field after that touch down pass... His next penalty came because he picked up the flag and tossed it Therefore, the fans who threw the beer cans on the field cost us the field position on the final kick-off What were they thinkin'? You bone heads blew it for us
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 12-06-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Bart Scott's 2 penalties

where did you hear that? So far, I've only heard he got the first one for arguing to TD catch with the ref...I doubt the refs would penalize the Ravens for some unruly fans...They'd probably just alert the stadium staff to remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    where did you hear that? So far, I've only heard he got the first one for arguing to TD catch with the ref...I doubt the refs would penalize the Ravens for some unruly fans...They'd probably just alert the stadium staff to remove them.
    Bart himself said he thought the 1st penatly was because fans threw beer on Moss. Haven't heard a confirmation of that but sounds suspect to me.

There was only one bonehead who blew it for us at that point and his name is Bart Scott. The fans had nothing to do with his meltdown. He threw his little temper tantrum by himself. He is the sole reason why NE was kicking off from field goal range.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator
    [B]at the end of the game was heart-breaking, but I have heard that he got his first penalty because there were some fans that threw beer cans on the field after that touch down pass
    So you are saying that the refs called a penalty on Bart because some fans threw some beer cans on the field? Why would they call a penalty on him for that?

I haven't heard that theory before. Although the end of that game was so odd, I guess it wouldn't surprise me.

There were 5 beer bottles tossed onto the field following that last touchdown. It occurred in my endzone, and I initiallythought that the flag was thrown because of the unruly/undisciplined conduct of the fans. The first flag was thrown immediately after the beer bottles were tossed onto the field, almost hitting one of the Pats players. I'm surprised more has not been said regarding this incident.