Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tax Reform Bill

Tax Reform Bill

Looks like it is getting passed today. What is everyone's thoughts on it? I know it will personally help me. I am also a proponent of lowering corporate tax rates as I read somewhere that our corporate tax rates are the highest in the world.

Blog Entries

Re: Tax Reform Bill

Lowers corporate tax rate = more business incentive to stay in/come to America.
    Lowers a lot of people's tax obligations = I'll personally see a 7-8% reduction in taxes taken out of each pay check.
    Removes individual mandate for ACA = this was always the big gripe about the ACA..."buy insurance or pay a fine"...That's some communism shit right there.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

SO I like the corporate part alot. Should have lowered to 15%, but it is a definite improvement.
    Personal side could be better. First it sunsets. Second, they should have eliminated some brackets.
    Have to hear more of the details on what;s included/not included. Now I'm hearing you can deduct some state and local taxes, so that is better than complelely eliminating them.
    Should have eliminated AMT for individuals. Should have killed the estate tax.

The House has passed it. Who cares since the House for the most part is shit.
    The other branch of Congress, the Senate, has to vote on it next.
    The President, Vice President, the Senate, and governors are the talk of the town.
    (I knew a member of the House and some people on this board including myself know as much if not more about government and public policy as they do.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    SO I like the corporate part alot. Should have lowered to 15%, but it is a definite improvement.
    Personal side could be better. First it sunsets. Second, they should have eliminated some brackets.
    Have to hear more of the details on what;s included/not included. Now I'm hearing you can deduct some state and local taxes, so that is better than complelely eliminating them.
    Should have eliminated AMT for individuals. Should have killed the estate tax.
    I would like to see the estate tax killed off as well.

Just another money grab by a gluttonous government...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Looks like it is getting passed today. What is everyone's thoughts on it? I know it will personally help me. I am also a proponent of lowering corporate tax rates as I read somewhere that our corporate tax rates are the highest in the world.
    My main gripe is honestly that they did it two weeks before payroll has to be in compliance. That is no time to implement this, and from what I read we can't expect an updated w4 form for months.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

UPDATE: The House has to re-vote on it tomorrow.

Blog Entries

I'm happy about it. Of course ABC News was pissing all over it. What a shock.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    UPDATE: The House has to re-vote on it tomorrow.
    Just a formality.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I'm happy about it. Of course ABC News was pissing all over it. What a shock.
    Know how I know it’s good

The bill features massive tax cuts for middle-class families and small businesses and repeals Obamacare’s individual mandate.

The final version of the bill reduces the corporate tax rate from 35 to 21 percent, opens up the Arctic Wildlife Refuge for oil drilling, and doubles the standard deduction for individuals and married couples...MORE MONEY!!!

What's not to like?

Again, how does this only benefit the wealthy? I know that's a Dem talking point whenever Republican tax reform comes out, but I really want to know. How does this bill kill the middle class and help the rich?

Pelosi: “worst bill to ever come to the floor of the House” and is a “looting of America.”

How?

On a personal note, I would like to throw out a special thanks to President Trump, who had pitched the tax cut by stating that he merely wanted what was best in life: to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    The bill features massive tax cuts for middle-class families and small businesses and repeals Obamacare’s individual mandate.

The final version of the bill reduces the corporate tax rate from 35 to 21 percent, opens up the Arctic Wildlife Refuge for oil drilling, and doubles the standard deduction for individuals and married couples...MORE MONEY!!!

What's not to like?

Again, how does this only benefit the wealthy? I know that's a Dem talking point whenever Republican tax reform comes out, but I really want to know. How does this bill kill the middle class and help the rich?

Pelosi: “worst bill to ever come to the floor of the House” and is a “looting of America.”

How?

On a personal note, I would like to throw out a special thanks to President Trump, who had pitched the tax cut by stating that he merely wanted what was best in life: to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
    Dianne Feinstein forgot to read the Democratic playbook for this one. She's saying the tax reform hurts the rich.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/17/po...arms-the-rich/