Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Thread

Blog Entries

Re: Truck Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Any recommendations? Or, should I just try and go to Ford directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it a Ford dealer where you are buying the truck?
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

I done did it. They agreed to my offer this evening. Picking it up tomorrow.

I’m pretty excited.

Wicked - congrats on your purchase. I guess it's a little too big to fit under the tree. I'm glad you brought up the extended warranty. I'm still waiting for my recall part to come in so I can pick mine up. While I was making the deal, the finance guy quoted me a price for an extended warranty, 6 yr/60,000 with $100 deductible for $1795 or 7 yr/75,000 with $0 deductible for $2395. He said the prices are good till I pick the truck up so I told him I'd think about it. How do those prices sound? Trouble is, I probably only put about 5,000 miles on a truck yearly, so I would never get close to reaching the mileage limit. How do those quotes sound and do you think it's worth getting the extension? Thanks.

I done did it. They agreed to my offer this evening. Picking it up tomorrow.

I’m pretty excited.

Good deal Wicked. Congrats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Wicked - congrats on your purchase. I guess it's a little too big to fit under the tree. I'm glad you brought up the extended warranty. I'm still waiting for my recall part to come in so I can pick mine up. While I was making the deal, the finance guy quoted me a price for an extended warranty, 6 yr/60,000 with $100 deductible for $1795 or 7 yr/75,000 with $0 deductible for $2395. He said the prices are good till I pick the truck up so I told him I'd think about it. How do those prices sound? Trouble is, I probably only put about 5,000 miles on a truck yearly, so I would never get close to reaching the mileage limit. How do those quotes sound and do you think it's worth getting the extension? Thanks.
    Sounds like a fair deal to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Is it a Ford dealer where you are buying the truck?
    No, it’s a small local dealership/garage. They do a lot of custom work on trucks and cars.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Recall parts are free whether you're in warranty or not. Parts availability is a different matter, but does not affect warranty,

Blog Entries

Just spitballing, but if you have to replace the transmission, that’s every bit 2-3,000 job.

So, would that $2395 be that bad just for added protection?

I don’t know, that’s just my logic on warranties.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Just spitballing, but if you have to replace the transmission, that’s every bit 2-3,000 job.

So, would that $2395 be that bad just for added protection?

I don’t know, that’s just my logic on warranties.

I know, I used to say to dealers that tried to sell me an extended warranty no thanks, that's why I was buying a Toyota or Honda etc. but this is a Ford that were talking about. Looks like I still have awhile to ponder over it. I used to always hear/read that most extended warranties are a ripoff.

I know, I used to say to dealers that tried to sell me an extended warranty no thanks, that's why I was buying a Toyota or Honda etc. but this is a Ford that were talking about. Looks like I still have awhile to ponder over it. I used to always hear/read that most extended warranties are a ripoff.
    If it fits in the budget ...I’d get it. I almost didn’t buy it with my F350...glad I did. It was my first diesel and of course it’s the dreaded 6.0 so when it had most of the typical problems that this motor had ....warranty took care of it. Hell the warranty bought me 2 turbos. That alone paid for the warranty.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    If it fits in the budget ...I’d get it. I almost didn’t buy it with my F350...glad I did. It was my first diesel and of course it’s the dreaded 6.0 so when it had most of the typical problems that this motor had ....warranty took care of it. Hell the warranty bought me 2 turbos. That alone paid for the warranty.

^ This

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Recall parts are free whether you're in warranty or not. Parts availability is a different matter, but does not affect warranty,
    Cincy, I know that, they wouldn’t let me take my new truck home till the recall part comes in. I took my old truck in for a steering problem about 2 years after I bought it, which had a service bulletin which I told them about. I wonder if they would have charged me if I did not know about that bulletin. I don’t believe they are required to send you a notice for those. I bought a new 1996 loaded Trans Am with T-Tops. Nice car when it wasn’t in the shop. It had computer problems that they never could fix. After a year, I ended up getting my money back under the Lemon Law minus $1000 for wear and tear.

Cincy, I know that, they wouldn’t let me take my new truck home till the recall part comes in. I took my old truck in for a steering problem about 2 years after I bought it, which had a service bulletin which I told them about. I wonder if they would have charged me if I did not know about that bulletin. I don’t believe they are required to send you a notice for those. I bought a new 1996 loaded Trans Am with T-Tops. Nice car when it wasn’t in the shop. It had computer problems that they never could fix. After a year, I ended up getting my money back under the Lemon Law minus $1000 for wear and tear.
    Wow. Just wow. Never heard of the Lemon law actually working.