Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck Thread

Re: Truck Thread

Thinking about copping a Range Rover. Any feedback?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    No. I have the Dreaded 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel in my F350. LoL. My boat is a ‘00 Grady White Sailfish 272.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, that is a nice big heavy boat. I see why you need the 6.0 to tow it. Did you ever tow it with the 5.0 truck?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Wow, that is a nice big heavy boat. I see why you need the 6.0 to tow it. Did you ever tow it with the 5.0 truck?
    A few times. Mostly local. No long trips. Some of the ramps on the shore are pretty steep. Didn’t have a prob the few times I did. The 6.0 doesn’t even know it’s back there!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    Thinking about copping a Range Rover. Any feedback?
    Range Rovers are awesome. They're nice looking and very comfortable.

Personally, I like the models from the 70's and 80's. I think they were just really cool looking.

If you're getting a new one, I'd recommend the diesel. I've heard good things about their diesel engines. I just couldn't justify spending 80-90K on an SUV. If I were dropping dollars like that, it would be for a Corvette ZR1 or something.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    A few times. Mostly local. No long trips. Some of the ramps on the shore are pretty steep. Didn’t have a prob the few times I did. The 6.0 doesn’t even know it’s back there!

What does that boat/motor/trailer weigh roughly. What ramp/ramps do you launch from. I usually launch out of Sandy Point State Park, or Truxton Park off of Spa Creek in Annapolis if I go crabbing in the Severn River. Sandy Point is a very nice, huge place with about 22 non steep ramps. My new truck comes with a trailer backup assist feature. I have never had a problem backing up a trailer but will be interested in seeing how this thing works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyQlRR56t-o

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    What does that boat/motor/trailer weigh roughly. What ramp/ramps do you launch from. I usually launch out of Sandy Point State Park, or Truxton Park off of Spa Creek in Annapolis if I go crabbing in the Severn River. Sandy Point is a very nice, huge place with about 22 non steep ramps. My new truck comes with a trailer backup assist feature. I have never had a problem backing up a trailer but will be interested in seeing how this thing works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyQlRR56t-o
    I’m usually around 9600# on the trailer with a full load of fuel, water and my stuff. I have twin outboards so it’s a little heavier than I/o. If I launch near home I’ll hit Gunpowder St park. Or Flying Point park. I’ve used Merrit Park by the Key Bridge. If I’m on the shore I either use Slaughter Beach in Del ( real steep but deep water ) or I’ll hit Assateague Park to launch. Belvile and Oxford by the Choptank are kinda steep but nice. I’d like to try that backing feature. Maybe my wife could back the damn boat in for a change. Lol

Blog Entries

I done did it. They agreed to my offer this evening. Picking it up tomorrow.

I’m pretty excited.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I done did it. They agreed to my offer this evening. Picking it up tomorrow.

I’m pretty excited.

Great thread. Merry Christmas Wicked. Enjoy your new truck. I was going to ask you if they could do a factory extended warranty. Might not be too late to ask. For a pricey investment it's worth every penny to know it's protected for major shit especially. Post some pics when you get a chance. Happy Truckin'!!!
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Great thread. Merry Christmas Wicked. Enjoy your new truck. I was going to ask you if they could do a factory extended warranty. Might not be too late to ask. For a pricey investment it's worth every penny to know it's protected for major shit especially. Post some pics when you get a chance. Happy Truckin'!!!
    I did some research and I’m going to get an extended warranty from a 3rd party. I found some that basically cover everything you could think of for about $1,000.

Blog Entries

I did some research and I’m going to get an extended warranty from a 3rd party. I found some that basically cover everything you could think of for about $1,000.

Since I deal with those companies for a living, be careful. A Ford warranty would be much better if you can swing it. 3rd party warranties can be a rip off and very hard to deal with, but there are a few decent ones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Since I deal with those companies for a living, be careful. A Ford warranty would be much better if you can swing it. 3rd party warranties can be a rip off and very hard to deal with, but there are a few decent ones.
    Any recommendations? Or, should I just try and go to Ford directly?

Blog Entries

Any recommendations? Or, should I just try and go to Ford directly?

If the vehicle is still under basic factory warranty (bumper to bumper, usually 3 years or 36,000 miles) the manufacturer will sell you an extended plan that gets submitted through any dealer in the USA or Canada and it is basically just the same as the factory warranty. Most will have a $100 deductible after the factory warranty is up, but still makes everything go much smoother and provides you with a loaner vehicle while yours is being repaired.

I would highly recommend that over a 3rd party warranty which uses a lot of fine print and makes advisors and technicians jump through a million hoops and spend eternity on hold waiting for approval.

I currently work at a Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler dealership and our Max Care warranty is the best I have ever seen. It's as I described and I come from an import background. It is submitted the same as a factory warranty and speeds up repairs a ton, especially if you are traveling.