Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7475767778 ... LastLast

Re: Who is on your WR wish list for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Lol, I’m still an optimist at heart. My favorite band is The Killers (my avatar) and I’m Mr. Brightside. That being said, Mr. Brightside was a song about a guy who is succumbing to his delusions.

To date:

I thought Perriman would break out.
    I was convinced Urban would be a beast.
    I knew Maxx Williams would turn into a major weapon.
    I predicted Bowser and Tim Williams would get 8 sacks between the two of them.
    I guaranteed we would go to the playoffs and maybe even make a deep run.
    I predicted Adeboyejo would become a red zone TD machine.
    I thought Brandon Williams would add some collapsing the pocket to his game.
    I thought Kamalei Correia would find his groove at ILB.
    I even fucking thought Matt Elam would be a Bob Sanders type heat seeking missile for us when we drafted him, and Arthur Brown would be a pro-bowler!

And on and on and on.

I’m tired of being an optimist. It’s too much work and too much egg on your face with this team. I’m not sure if I’m transitioning to pessimist vs realist at this point, but they gotta show me something.

“But it’s just the price I pay, destiny (mediocrity) is calling me. Open up my eager eyes, cuz I’m Mr. Brightside.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel you.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    LMAO, and then we fall down the ventilator shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Signing Jimmy Graham would honestly be enough to make me personally not really complain about who else they sign or draft. He would be a huge get for this franchise starved of any talented playmakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I agree. He neevr really fit in Seattle.

He would be my FA target with Landry now tagged and A-Rob likely. The other guys are just going to be too expensive for what theyre going to bring. Teams will pay them becuase they have a fuck ton of cap space.

I'd honestly rather see us target Graham and then 2 of the lower tier guys. My favourites would be Ryan Grant and Terrelle Pryor, as well as Moncreif. BUT I'd still target a WR early in the draft and a 2nd one by the end of the 4th roudn.
    Well, the Graham part I hope so. The rest, I hope I’m wrong.

I was just remembering the feeling I’ve gotten the last couple of drafts, when people were screaming for certain players who were on the board and the Ravens swerve and pick someone else, and then there’s the inevitable justification and people saying “it was a value pick” (me included). All the while feeling that knot of disappointment in the pit of your stomach continue to grow. I know it’s a crapshoot, but it feels like it’s been a while since I was thrilled as I went to sleep on draft nights.

The truth is there are SO MANY playmakers in this draft at WR, RB, even TE, that to come away without at LEAST one or two will be a massive disappointment.

I am pretty sure I was the first to mention Graham months back coming to us, which is who I want this year in the off-season. I also am predicting Jordy Nelson is cut and we sign him, because of course we would. Graham could really help our RZ offense...well our entire offense assuming our coaching staff decides to actually make plays for him

As a frustrated Doug Baldwin owner, I can tell you that Graham was getting plenty of looks in the red zone. Linebackers were a step too slow and DBs were often boxed out. Quite frankly, the plays were so predictable that it was embarrassing. Plus, Graham had more than a few receptions down the seam for 20+ yards.

I think Graham can still play. The Ravens could use a red zone target, as neither Wallace nor Maclin fit that bill.

Graham,
    A big body receiver (Tyrell Williams perhaps), and
    A Danny Woodhead who knows whether it’s best to juke the LB by breaking left or right,
    Those guys could make the Ravens red zone passing game effective.

The question with Graham — is Graham a Harbaugh kinda guy. There's some diva in Graham, diva that won't go unremebered when a DE or CB doesn't get blocked on a toss to Collins.

Lol, I’m still an optimist at heart. My favorite band is The Killers (my avatar) and I’m Mr. Brightside. That being said, Mr. Brightside was a song about a guy who is succumbing to his delusions.

To date:

I even fucking thought Matt Elam would be a Bob Sanders type heat seeking missile for us when we drafted him, and Arthur Brown would be a pro-bowler!

And on and on and on.

I’m tired of being an optimist. It’s too much work and too much egg on your face with this team. I’m not sure if I’m transitioning to pessimist vs realist at this point, but they gotta show me something.

“But it’s just the price I pay, destiny (mediocrity) is calling me. Open up my eager eyes, cuz I’m Mr. Brightside.”

It's best to just be a realist. Look at the Ravens from the perspective of a fan of a different team.

Nothing wrong with getting excited for week one and hopeful that things pan out. In the NFL especially, realism can still be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Wow this hit home Quoth
    That's the realism of being a Ravens fan.

Jimmy Graham will be a Raven. James Washington will not make it to our first round pick. Neither will Calvin Ridley. We will pass on Sutton to select an OT. DJ Moore doesn’t make it to us in the second because everyone and their uncle will know we covet him. We will pass on Anthony Miller and draft another OL in the second. In the third we will pass on Cobbs and Ateman, to pick up Equanimeous St Brown and half the board will lose their minds.

Search your heart. You know it to be true.

It's funny you say this. I just made a post on us probably drafting Connor Williams in another thread.

I think trading for Sanders seems like a realistic option and it’s one I’m on board with.

To date:

And on and on and on.

This could be Perriman's year

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

10. Re: Who is on your WR wish list for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    This could be Perriman's year

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

None of the WRs in this year free agency warrant a contract above $8M/yr. We just need to sit tight and wait for better talent to get released. Or make a trade during the draft. Just don't want to overpay another bum WR. It sucks Maclin didn't pan out but hopefully it will scare Ozzie off from making the same mistake twice. To be honest, I was kind of on board with keeping Maclin but the more I think about that STUPID play in the final minutes against the Steelers, where the dumbass faked an injury and cost us a timeout, the more I'm ready to personally pay for Maclin's plane ticket out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal55 View Post
    I think trading for Sanders seems like a realistic option and it’s one I’m on board with.
    Sanders is damaged goods ......