Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Jamal to be sidelined for rest of preseason

It seems to me that even if Jamal is out, MA will still be relegated to a 3rd down role. I am not ocnvinced from his history that MA is capable of taking 25-30 snaps a game.

Assuming Jamal is out for a regular season game, I see the chart looking like this:

RB - M. Smith, M. Anderson, PJ Daniels

As for who gets the carries for the rest of pre-season. Give them to MA next week, but I want to see Musa put a hurting on the Deadskin first team D.

You can never have enough quality depth at running back. The Ravens are very fortunate to be in the situation that they find themselves.

This organization has bullshitted about injuries for years now and I don't think they've changed their ways. The report said "at least 2 weeks". That is a red flag for me. Im no chicken little and Im not panicking but this news isn't good at all.
    Where did the "at least 2 weeks" come from. All I have read is that they are shutting him down for the rest of the preseason and he will start practice again before the Tampa game. I am sure he was fine heading into the preseason, and it flared up again, he could play through it, but its just precautionary. No need to keep playing him in meaningless games if his hip is sore, let him rest until we really need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86
    Where did the "at least 2 weeks" come from. All I have read is that they are shutting him down for the rest of the preseason and he will start practice again before the Tampa game. I am sure he was fine heading into the preseason, and it flared up again, he could play through it, but its just precautionary. No need to keep playing him in meaningless games if his hip is sore, let him rest until we really need him.
    The first report on ESPN said "at least 2 weeks" so that is what I was going on.

And he was not fine heading into the preseason. That's the whole point IMO.

He said the injury hasn't gone away so why was he playing in the 1st place? Like I said, I would've rather had him sit out the past 2 games, recover fully, and then play the next 2 preseason games.

Now we'll have to wait and see if the next 2 weeks are enough for him to get back to 100% and play vs TB in week 1.

PP

A few freinds and I saw Jamal last night, One asked
    "So I hear you're hurt now, you look fine"

His Response was something to the effect of;

"I'mfine, my leg got tweaked again a little, and it's PRESEASON and I'm a vet, so I get a couple weeks off"

It was obvious that he was reveling in the fact that he gets a couple weeks off of practice. He assured us 100% by Tampa, if not WEEKS before. My estimation is thatheis probably 80-90% now.

Now everyone involved was drunk, But it seemed like if they had a regular season game TODAY that he would be playing with little lingering effect.

It's preseason, they are shuttign him down. No Biggie.

His injury worries me a little. After the end of the pre season hope Jamal comes back strong. If he doesn't then how long do we go with him ?

GO RAVENS