Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Jamal to be sidelined for rest of preseason

Per Aaron Wilson.

OWINGS MILLS -- Baltimore Ravens running back Jamal Lewis has been shut down for the remainder of the preseason in order to recuperate from a nagging hip injury.

Instead of practicing and playing in games, the former NFL Offensive Player of the Year will spend his time rehabbing an injury that forced him on the physically unable to perform list at the start of training camp.
    Lewis, who strained his left hip flexor running sprints in late July, played in the first two preseason games and rushed for a combined 61 yards on 15 carries.

However, the former Pro Bowl runner continued to complain about recurring soreness in his hip and quadriceps. Now, he'll be sidelined until the practice week heading into the Ravens' Sept. 10 season opener at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The whole story should appear on PF24x7 soon.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Re: Jamal to be sidelined for rest of preseason

Oh wow. Thank goodness for Musa Smith, Mike Anderson, and even P.J. Daniels who after loking at the game, again, today ran very well. I hope this problem isn't serious. Considering that he has had this discomfort, he has run very well. Imagine what Jamal will do once his hip is fine.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Yeah, let's trade Musa or MA....

Wait, this is why we didn'tm you never know. He was lookign good so far, so hopefeully this is extremely precautionary, and not a sign we wasted $6m dollars($2.7 agaisnt the cap).

Does anyone else think this is to get a better look at Musa as well?

This means more snaps with the first team for Musa.

If Musa continues to amaze this preseason and Jamal's hip is still iffy, could Musa be the starter? Or do you guys think that MA would be the default back?

Very interesting times indeed.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Could Jamal go on PUP or even the IR? This will be interesting two weeks ahead.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

MA is prob. cheering. It will be great to see what Musa can do. I like what I've seen from Jamal, he is hitting the hole without dancing!

What do you think of this? If Musa turns out to be the real thing and has a stellar season, could we trade Jamal, get a starter out of it and keep Anderson?
    -John

I hope Jamal is OK! He had 61 yards, on 15 carries? Double that to his desired 30 carries a game, and we have the Jamal of old.
    As for Musa, it will be interesting to see if he can repeat his success against a starting defense. I still want to see if MA can hold onto the 2nd string RB position. Not that he's lost it yet, but if he keeps it up, he will. Just my 2 cents :)

I am not too concerned about Jamal missing the rest of the preseason. Hell Tomlinson hasn't been playing all preseason, if I am not mistaken.

I doubt this has anything to do with wanting to see Musa Smith play more. The RAVENS already know what Musa Smith can do. That's why they drafted him in the 3rd round three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    I am not too concerned about Jamal missing the rest of the preseason. Hell Tomlinson hasn't been playing all preseason, if I am not mistaken.
    I don't remember the exact numbet nut someone mentioned on TV that LT has had under a "dozen or so" total preseason carries in his CAREER.

Furthermore Jamal already proved healthier then last year and thus further preseason carries cold only do harm.

Post Re: Jamal to be sidelined for rest of preseason

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79
    I don't remember the exact numbet nut someone mentioned on TV that LT has had under a "dozen or so" total preseason carries in his CAREER.
    Yeah, it was something like that they mentioned last night during the preseason game. I would much rather see Jamal sit out the rest of the preseason games and rehab the hip and being ready for the Tampa Bay game.