Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Re: Jamal to be sidelined for rest of preseason

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79
    I don't remember the exact numbet nut someone mentioned on TV that LT has had under a "dozen or so" total preseason carries in his CAREER.
    Yeah, it was something like that they mentioned last night during the preseason game. I would much rather see Jamal sit out the rest of the preseason games and rehab the hip and being ready for the Tampa Bay game.

Re: Jamal to be sidelined for rest of preseason

Oh, no....could he be getting older or what? These nagging injuries are starting to show all the time. I know he's like only 30, but is it an old 30? As far as Musa is concerned...I agree with the earlier post, let's see what he can do against a first string D:hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensarge
    Oh, no....could he be getting older or what? These nagging injuries are starting to show all the time. I know he's like only 30, but is it an old 30? As far as Musa is concerned...I agree with the earlier post, let's see what he can do against a first string D:hammer:
    Are you referring to Jamal being 30? If so, Jamal Lewis turns 27 on the 29th of this month. He's got a couple years before he hits 30.

My mistake. I forgot he came out early in 2000.:grbac:

Even so, at 27 a big physical back is approaching the point where his numbers start to decline.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

ecept this one has missed considerable time with injuries so he is sitll relatively fresh

Hopefully this is more of a precautionary type sidelining rather then one of an injury that nobody wants to fully disclose yet.
    Seems to me we do that pretty well from time to time.
    We're gonna find out in a few weeks that's for sure.

In the mean time, I think this should be the Mike Anderson/PJ Daniels show.

I think we have a pretty good idea what Musa Smith can do, and would just assume keep that under wraps as well!!

Perfect opportunity to really give Anderson and Daniels some substantial playing time to see what they both have.
    Particurally Daniels since he's the rookie that has no NFL history.

I find it hard to believe we're going to carry that many running backs (and the 4 in discussion aren't even all of them IIRC), in which case somebody has to go.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensarge
    Oh, I agree with the earlier post, let's see what he can do against a first string D:hammer:
    Did you know that the 36 yard screen pass Musa ran was against the first string defense of the Eagles? Musa is performing well against 1st and 2nd team defenses. He is for real.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

except this one has missed considerable time with injuries so he is sitll relatively fresh
    That makes me feel much better.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Did you know that the 36 yard screen pass Musa ran was against the first string defense of the Eagles? Musa is performing well against 1st and 2nd team defenses. He is for real.
    Your name change has done such wonders PR. I find myself on your side of things now almost all the time. Hehehehehe

Seriously, watch the Musa video. He's doing it against the 1st team, and that was McNair that threw the ball to him.

The thing I think no one was expecting, and I include myself in that group, is that Musa has some JETS in him too. We think of him as the same type of pounding back that Jamal is, but I don't think Jamal in the open space is as fast as Musa is. When he got past the first level of defenders on his touchdown run, he shifted into a whole other gear that I didn't know he had.

If anything, I think it's time to take him off special teams where he has more of a chance to really get hurt. Let him get snaps during the season. And if this keeps up, Ozzie really has an interesting offseason decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic
    Hopefully this is more of a precautionary type sidelining rather then one of an injury that nobody wants to fully disclose yet.
    Seems to me we do that pretty well from time to time.
    We're gonna find out in a few weeks that's for sure.
    Yea, we will.

Put me in the skeptical crowd on this one.

Sure it will nice to see both Anderson and Musa get some extra carries in the preseason but Im very leery about what's going on with Jamal.

This organization has bullshitted about injuries for years now and I don't think they've changed their ways. The report said "at least 2 weeks". That is a red flag for me. Im no chicken little and Im not panicking but this news isn't good at all.

My problem is that I think they should've rested Jamal more before playing him in the first 2 preseason games. If he's been complaining of pain in the area of the injury, then sit his ass until he's pain free.

I'd sure as hell be more comfortable with him coming back now after an extra 2 weeks of rest and rehab than wondering if he injured the hip more while playing in some BS preseason games.

PP

I don't mind shutting Jamal down, let him get healthy. He is back to his old running style, which is nice. If he can't go week 1 we still have Muuuuusa and MA. And bottom line that is still better than a lot of teams.