Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

I've been waiting to see that piece by the NFL but have been so bummed I havent had the heart to watch anything related to football for a few days now. I dont care what anybody says, That was not a catch in the end zone. All you ever hear is that you have to have control of that ball, in the end zone he clearly did not. He was bobbling it. Now its ok to have the fingers sort of around the ball. Thats bullshit and so is this mother fucking league.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I've been waiting to see that piece by the NFL but have been so bummed I havent had the heart to watch anything related to football for a few days now. I dont care what anybody says, That was not a catch in the end zone. All you ever hear is that you have to have control of that ball, in the end zone he clearly did not. He was bobbling it. Now its ok to have the fingers sort of around the ball. Thats bullshit and so is this mother fucking league.
    What difference does it make that he didn't call it incomplete. The Pats would have had the ball around the 4 yard line because of Scott's tirade on the field. Do you really think we would have stopped them from the 4yd line on 4 tries? Come on Crazy, I know you're smarter than that! We got the ball back quicker and came up 2yds short of winning.......

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Yea. I can see where Ryan called the timeout now and I see where Winborne at least held on the 4th down pass but Gaffney did not have possession of the ball in the endzone. It will be interesting how the new "fingertip" rule will play out next time it comes up for review.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Yea. I can see where Ryan called the timeout now and I see where Winborne at least held on the 4th down pass but Gaffney did not have possession of the ball in the endzone. It will be interesting how the new "fingertip" rule will play out next time it comes up for review.
    Huh? Possession has NEVER been defined by palms. It has always been defined by any part of both hands. If anyone is changing the standards, it's you. Balls can move around so long as both hands are on the ball and thats what happened here. We WOULD WANT THAT SAME CALL IF THE ROLLS WERE REVERSED!

We cant have our cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huh? Possession has NEVER been defined by palms. It has always been defined by any part of both hands. If anyone is changing the standards, it's you. Balls can move around so long as both hands are on the ball and thats what happened here. We WOULD WANT THAT SAME CALL IF THE ROLLS WERE REVERSED!

so if a receiver has both feet in but the ball is spinning on the end of his finger tip as he steps out, it is a catch?

I mean that is essentially where your argument has to go for it to stay cogent.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    so if a receiver has both feet in but the ball is spinning on the end of his finger tip as he steps out, it is a catch?

I mean that is essentially where your argument has to go for it to stay cogent.
    Of course not and thats not what happened on the TD. You're mincing words.

In this case, both hands are clearly on the ball, they never lose contact, both feet are down and the call was made. Was it marginal, of course! But the refs didnt have enough to overturn and thats my point. We would want the same thing to go our way if the rolls were reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

See this post proves what an idiot you are. A moving ball is not a ball under control, butt munch. What planet are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahravens View Post
    See this post proves what an idiot you are. A moving ball is not a ball under control, butt munch. What planet are you on?
    Two hands, no matter what part of the hands = possession. Maybe you've heard of receivers named Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, Hines Ward, etc? They ALL have a track record of making finger tip catches.

But then again you know it all ....I mean you had Samari Rolles illness all figured out, right? Still on record that he has AIDS?

Thanks for this post!

I feel vindicated to the vocal few who were hating on me for calling it like it is and not through purple glasses.

Mike was right on all three accounts. The hold was a good call, the time out request isnt the fault of the ref and the TD didnt have enough evidence to overturn. I do have issue with the time out request being honored, but I see Mike's point as well. If the tables were reversed, I would have wanted any request to be honored without the ref having to take his eye off the ball. Rex should have know the rules and kept his hands in his pockets.

What we are now left with is the fact we imploded (yet again) late in the game. What was once a well disciplined defense has become something else. We're not THAT bad yet, but our usually high quality defense has fallen down a step or two, both in holding leads and keeping a cool head. This has been going on since 3 games before the Detroit debacle. Instead of taking a hard, serious look in the mirror, blame is shifted to some "boogy man" or some larger conspiracy.

Thats the easy way out. A cop out. Almost reminds me of the "curse" the Red Sox were dealing with.

Blog Entries

Look, everyone is mad we lost, including myself, but that doesn't change the fact that we beat ourselves yet again......

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Look, everyone is mad we lost, including myself, but that doesn't change the fact that we beat ourselves yet again......

Exactly .... and until we take that hard look in the mirror, things will never change.