Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.











  2. #2

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    I've been waiting to see that piece by the NFL but have been so bummed I havent had the heart to watch anything related to football for a few days now. I dont care what anybody says, That was not a catch in the end zone. All you ever hear is that you have to have control of that ball, in the end zone he clearly did not. He was bobbling it. Now its ok to have the fingers sort of around the ball. Thats bullshit and so is this mother fucking league.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    _________________
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    5,056
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I've been waiting to see that piece by the NFL but have been so bummed I havent had the heart to watch anything related to football for a few days now. I dont care what anybody says, That was not a catch in the end zone. All you ever hear is that you have to have control of that ball, in the end zone he clearly did not. He was bobbling it. Now its ok to have the fingers sort of around the ball. Thats bullshit and so is this mother fucking league.
    What difference does it make that he didn't call it incomplete. The Pats would have had the ball around the 4 yard line because of Scott's tirade on the field. Do you really think we would have stopped them from the 4yd line on 4 tries? Come on Crazy, I know you're smarter than that! We got the ball back quicker and came up 2yds short of winning.......




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I've been waiting to see that piece by the NFL but have been so bummed I havent had the heart to watch anything related to football for a few days now. I dont care what anybody says, That was not a catch in the end zone. All you ever hear is that you have to have control of that ball, in the end zone he clearly did not. He was bobbling it. Now its ok to have the fingers sort of around the ball. Thats bullshit and so is this mother fucking league.
    Yea. I can see where Ryan called the timeout now and I see where Winborne at least held on the 4th down pass but Gaffney did not have possession of the ball in the endzone. It will be interesting how the new "fingertip" rule will play out next time it comes up for review.








  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Thanks for this post!

    I feel vindicated to the vocal few who were hating on me for calling it like it is and not through purple glasses.

    Mike was right on all three accounts. The hold was a good call, the time out request isnt the fault of the ref and the TD didnt have enough evidence to overturn. I do have issue with the time out request being honored, but I see Mike's point as well. If the tables were reversed, I would have wanted any request to be honored without the ref having to take his eye off the ball. Rex should have know the rules and kept his hands in his pockets.

    What we are now left with is the fact we imploded (yet again) late in the game. What was once a well disciplined defense has become something else. We're not THAT bad yet, but our usually high quality defense has fallen down a step or two, both in holding leads and keeping a cool head. This has been going on since 3 games before the Detroit debacle. Instead of taking a hard, serious look in the mirror, blame is shifted to some "boogy man" or some larger conspiracy.

    Thats the easy way out. A cop out. Almost reminds me of the "curse" the Red Sox were dealing with.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    5,056
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Look, everyone is mad we lost, including myself, but that doesn't change the fact that we beat ourselves yet again......




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Yea. I can see where Ryan called the timeout now and I see where Winborne at least held on the 4th down pass but Gaffney did not have possession of the ball in the endzone. It will be interesting how the new "fingertip" rule will play out next time it comes up for review.
    Huh? Possession has NEVER been defined by palms. It has always been defined by any part of both hands. If anyone is changing the standards, it's you. Balls can move around so long as both hands are on the ball and thats what happened here. We WOULD WANT THAT SAME CALL IF THE ROLLS WERE REVERSED!

    We cant have our cake and eat it too.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Look, everyone is mad we lost, including myself, but that doesn't change the fact that we beat ourselves yet again......


    Exactly .... and until we take that hard look in the mirror, things will never change.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #9

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    but Gaffney did not have possession of the ball in the endzone. It will be interesting how the new "fingertip" rule will play out next time it comes up for review.
    Exactly, If its questionable its not a td. plain and simple. I work with redskinds fan and all of them said that was a bogus call.

    The Pats would have had the ball around the 4 yard line because of Scott's tirade on the field. Do you really think we would have stopped them from the 4yd line on 4 tries? Come on Crazy, I know you're smarter than that! We got the ball back quicker and came up 2yds short of winning.......
    True Scotts outburst was fucking stupid but I totally understand his fustration. Regardless, I know the offense did well the other night but If the game is on the line I feel better with the Defense on the field no matter the situation. Sorry thats just the way I feel.



    It has always been defined by any part of both hands. If anyone is changing the standards, it's you. Balls can move around so long as both hands are on the ball and thats what happened here.
    Its always been about control, especially in the end zone. Gaffney did not have control. The rule changed on Monday night, hopefully they are consistant with the new rule.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    _________________
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huh? Possession has NEVER been defined by palms. It has always been defined by any part of both hands. If anyone is changing the standards, it's you. Balls can move around so long as both hands are on the ball and thats what happened here. We WOULD WANT THAT SAME CALL IF THE ROLLS WERE REVERSED!

    We cant have our cake and eat it too.
    so if a receiver has both feet in but the ball is spinning on the end of his finger tip as he steps out, it is a catch?

    I mean that is essentially where your argument has to go for it to stay cogent.








  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    so if a receiver has both feet in but the ball is spinning on the end of his finger tip as he steps out, it is a catch?

    I mean that is essentially where your argument has to go for it to stay cogent.
    Of course not and thats not what happened on the TD. You're mincing words.

    In this case, both hands are clearly on the ball, they never lose contact, both feet are down and the call was made. Was it marginal, of course! But the refs didnt have enough to overturn and thats my point. We would want the same thing to go our way if the rolls were reversed.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #12

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Nevfer lose contact? During his next step the ball bounced up and hit him in the chest as he tucked it away???? Bounced off of both hands... NOt in control.




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Nevfer lose contact? During his next step the ball bounced up and hit him in the chest as he tucked it away???? Bounced off of both hands... NOt in control.
    I dont know what video you're looking at. Once his feet touch, both his hands are on the ball. The bigger picture here is did he have enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. That answer is a clear no and we would want that same consideration.

    Typically, officials watch the hands. Once the hands have contact to the ball, they glance down at the feet. It's a bang-bang play, taking 1/4 of a second. When I ref, I do the opposite. I glance down at the feet, then peek up to see possession. It's personal preference.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  14. #14

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I dont know what video you're looking at. Once his feet touch, both his hands are on the ball. The bigger picture here is did he have enough evidence to overturn the call on the field. That answer is a clear no and we would want that same consideration.

    Typically, officials watch the hands. Once the hands have contact to the ball, they glance down at the feet. It's a bang-bang play, taking 1/4 of a second. When I ref, I do the opposite. I glance down at the feet, then peek up to see possession. It's personal preference.

    THen watch it again. I agree he has two hands on it when his feet were down, the thing is he bobbled it trying to secure it from that point forward. He did not maintain ccontinuous control. I agree that it would have been hard to call it incomplete on the field, and since it wasn't it'd be hard to overturn it, but that doesn't mena the right call was made.




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: Mike Pereira looks Patriots vs. Ravens game.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    THen watch it again. I agree he has two hands on it when his feet were down, the thing is he bobbled it trying to secure it from that point forward. He did not maintain ccontinuous control. I agree that it would have been hard to call it incomplete on the field, and since it wasn't it'd be hard to overturn it, but that doesn't mena the right call was made.
    By "right call", I mean the end decision was the right one. if you and are having this much debate, then that only proves that the on field call needed to be upheld.

    I would almost guarantee that side ref was looking feet first then glanced up to confirm posession. I would also guarantee thats what he told the head ref before he went under the hood.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland