Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could Jimmys injury actually result in more turnovers?

I'm worried about this defense going forward without him.. we've been able to grab so many interceptions this season because of the free will that Weddle has had, not having to help out struggling corners so that may come to an end if he needs to resume that role like in 2016.

However, shut down corners typically get a lot of interceptions before they're actually known as shut down corners and Stafford made that mistake by staring down whoever Humphrie was guarding and I knew he'd get picked by continuously doing that. I noticed that they put Weddle in the area of Hump.. but truly didn't need to be there as Hump had good coverage.

All this "coming out of college couldn't track deep balls well" is a bunch of baloney. The guy is a rookie and will get beautifully coached into this role, possibly resulting in more turnovers.

Re: Could Jimmys injury actually result in more turnovers?

Man, I don't think so. Jimmy himself has had a couple picks. And being able to just have one side of the field completely locked down really allowed Weddle more ability to shade his coverage.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Could Jimmys injury actually result in more turnovers?

IMO losing Jimmy Smith does not help our defense, or turnovers, one little bit... Bc

We had 3 turnovers after he went down and one came from his replacement. We'll see though

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    IMO losing Jimmy Smith does not help our defense, or turnovers, one little bit... Bc
    We knew he was going to go down, or Humphrey would not have been picked.

but we are worse off for it.

I really cant think of too many instances when you lose a guy that's top 5 at their position and the team gets better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I really cant think of too many instances when you lose a guy that's top 5 at their position and the team gets better.
    Yep, and they were already leading the league in turnovers so how much of an improvement would you really see even if you think they might be better?

Also I don't know that I agree with the last line in OP, either. Not really knocking Humphrey in saying this because he's a rookie and will grow but the deep ball he was tried on, he failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yep, and they were already leading the league in turnovers so how much of an improvement would you really see even if you think they might be better?

Also I don't know that I agree with the last line in OP, either. Not really knocking Humphrey in saying this because he's a rookie and will grow but the deep ball he was tried on, he failed miserably.
    I have a bad feeling about Marlon, he could be a great cb someday, but he's a rookie... I have a bad feeling about him in this game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

Yup....the ball was over thrown or the receiver cut the route short but Humphrey was not really close to the receiver and was just kinda in the right place at the right time.
    Losing Jimmy Smith is a blow that will have to be adjusted for.
    That adjustment will do nothing but put a chink in the armour that hopefully will not result in big plays being given up.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I didn't say we'd be better. I simply said more turnovers. If Hump is the player we drafted him to be I don't see why he can't shut down his side of the field.

That's an optimistic way to look at it. Lol.. I hope so, and I think overall Marlon will fair better than he did last week BUT it was the pressure and Stafford forcing a terrible throw that got #29 the int.