Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Props to the Offensive Line

I'm just really fucking impressed with Stanley there is no quit in this kid, he is tough as nails.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Props to the Offensive Line

Stanley - ? - Jensen - ? - Howard did a fine job, and hopefully will continue going forward. Who in blazes are our OGs? D'Alessandris and Roman have sure earned their pay... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Stanley - ? - Jensen - ? - Howard did a fine job, and hopefully will continue going forward. Who in blazes are our OGs? D'Alessandris and Roman have sure earned their pay... Bc
    the Oline coaches are heads and shoulders above what we had before huh Bc? we always had individual talent but once one guy got hurt we would have never bounced back, this Oline is about as patch work as it gets and look how decent they really been for much of the season. Roman and D' al are the truth.

Blog Entries

Like I said, I may be critical of Jensen, because I don't believe he has played so drastically better than expected that he could anchor a line that leads a top 5 offense, which is what I ultimately want. However, he has exceeded expectations. He was very uneven early yesterday in blitz recognition and against the run, but he eventually settled in.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Like I said, I may be critical of Jensen, because I don't believe he has played so drastically better than expected that he could anchor a line that leads a top 5 offense, which is what I ultimately want. However, he has exceeded expectations. He was very uneven early yesterday in blitz recognition and against the run, but he eventually settled in.
    I was never impressed by Jensen, he couldn't seem to hold down a position, but now it looks like he was best suited @ Center. I want Ozzie to sign him as he's a UFA in 2018, and his career success looks to be going in this direction :

If the Ravens want to be successful going forward, I'd rather not lose another starter on our Oline... Bc

Blog Entries

I would definitely say that they need to upgrade Hurst long before finding a way to upgrade Jensen. I would even put Howard next on the list. However, if they didn't pay Osemele and Wagner, both of whom were playing better than Jensen is and has, I don't see how they pay Jensen what he's going to command on the open market.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

2018:

Stanley-Nelson-Jensen-Yanda-Howard/Lewis

Do it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    2018:

Do it.
    That's the top prospect in the draft isn't he? My concussion messes with me sometimes. He's supposedly the top prospect since sliced bread. Now, if you put him in between Stanley and Jensen than you can keep Jensen and just find some competition for Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That's the top prospect in the draft isn't he? My concussion messes with me sometimes. He's supposedly the top prospect since sliced bread. Now, if you put him in between Stanley and Jensen than you can keep Jensen and just find some competition for Howard.
    Yup. One of the best OG prospects in a while IMO.

I highly doubt he's falling ot the 20's if we're picking there. OG's don't usually go that high (I did a review of where they've gone the past few years), but he's probably going to test quite well and his film is frigging good.

I would most definitely prioritize it as:
    LG
    RT
    C

I am really not that high on Lewis. Until he can stay healthy you're just hoping and we've done that long enough with guys on offense (Maxx, BP - though it turns out they just suck on top of getting hurt all the time).
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

2018:

Do it.
    GWNR, not that I'd mind that, but isn't Nelson considered a 1st round draft choice? If so, I'd rather choose a playmaker (WR or TE) that we urgently need. That is if one is available when we pick... Bc

Blog Entries

2018:

Do it.
    bruh I would die

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    GWNR, not that I'd mind that, but isn't Nelson considered a 1st round draft choice? If so, I'd rather choose a playmaker (WR or TE) that we urgently need. That is if one is available when we pick... Bc
    It'd all come down to who is available of course, but I've kind of changed my tune on building an offense.

I really think the key is to establish a line before the playmakers. Especially with Joe. The story of Joe's career has always told that if you keep him up right and give him time, he can make things happen.

BUT if we go WR or TE I wouldn't balk at it.

Basically we need offense in multiple areas. So please, Mr. Newsome, just do that.
    - Ray Lewis