Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Brian Billick Ought To.....

I don't want anyone suggesting to this bunch to save their misbehavior for off the field - we are still living down some of their off field capers from the past. I think I'd like to see the coaches pull offending players off the field immediately and let them sit it out until they cool off and regain their common sense and composure. I realize that wouldn't have worked the other night because the game was essentially over when Scott and Rolle went off. Maybe fines for conduct detrimental to the team could be imposed I don't know. It will be hard to rein this bunch in because they have been borderline thugs for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN
    I realize that wouldn't have worked the other night because the game was essentially over when Scott and Rolle went off.
    I could be wrong about this, but I think that although Rolle was the target of this official's trash-talk, he actually remained pretty composed. Scott was the one who had a meltdown.

I agree that players having these on-field fits should be disciplined in some manner, but the circumstances of this game seem a little unique to me.

Rolle wsn't an out of control moron like Scott but he was doing a lot of jawing at the refs. While I understand and agree with his taking offense at what the official said we don't know at this point what, if anything, Rolle might have said that contributed to what happened. I just wish these guys could learn to play the game and shut the hell up!

good post AZ.....do all the talking you want after you actually BEAT a good team.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    U really think Billick has control over the thugs on this team? There is nothing Brian can do about their actions..
    I disagree with the characterization 'thugs' but otherwise for once I agree with crpravens.

We have some huge personalities on this team. Not a lot, but a few, and they ain't changing, and nobody is telling them what to say or how to act.

Is that a fatal flaw? I doubt it. But it's the truth.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN
    While I understand and agree with his taking offense at what the official said we don't know at this point what, if anything, Rolle might have said that contributed to what happened.
    And that is what is making this debate so weary -- we weren't on the field and don't know who started what. Okay, Rolle might have been jawing at an official, but how do we know that Rolle was the one who started it? If the official was yelling at him to "shut up boy" repeatedly, no wonder Rolle was jawing back at him.

But putting this game aside, because it was a little weird, I agree in general that there are players on this team that do way too much yapping. I am particularly tired of Ogden's sideline tantrums. I think he just started doing this a year or two ago but now it's become a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    YES....and if we could fine them, all the better!!! Why is this type of behavior OK to you? If someone you work with picked up something and threw it against the wall because they were upset and mad at what someone said to them, what would you think? Bart Scott looked like an asshole on Monday Night Football and turned an impressive performance by himself and his teammates into a joke by his actions on the field!!!! Who gives a shit what the ref was saying, if he said anything at all. You wouldn't accept that behavior in public and if I was his wife I chew his ass out for acting like a 3-year old in front of his kid!! He should be ashamed of himself and, even though I didn't listen to his show, he should have apologized to everyone for his behavior!!!
    I am always critical of the "chest thumping" , I hate to see the contrived end zone celebrations. But I was SOOOO fed up with the officiating in the game, that I quite enjoyed the "flag Toss"... sorry, but after being screwed out of a game.... it was last good thing to happen in the game!

I agree with the above. Laughed my ass off at it.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

No doubt the flag tossing just made me cool off and take a couple more shots. It was funny as hell. I was'nt mad at all after the game. STOP don't even think about questioning my fanhood. BUT really for me, I wanted the win as like you. But to see our mighty Ravens play a great game for 58 mins. I was pleased with the fight and heart that we played with against a good team at home,night game, in the blks unis.

I was glad to finally see a good outing by the ravens this year,almost complete but meltdown in final in 2.

If jawing at the officials was so heinous of a crime then why in the hell was Tom Brady allowed to do it for the entire first half of the game?

11. Re: Brian Billick Ought To.....

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    If jawing at the officials was so heinous of a crime then why in the hell was Tom Brady allowed to do it for the entire first half of the game?
    Ya know something RAVENOUS?? I agree with you here...Now that I think about it, Brady did jaw with the refs quite a bit...He and Moss both criticized the officiating Did they get fined too? I just thought that if we(Brian Billick) fess up and give an apology in a press conference, the league officials may be a little more lenient in future games with our team...just thinking