Some thngs I find odd

It seems odd that everyone mentions Boller's interception as a "turning point" or key event that hurt the team. Yet Reed's fumble was probably much more costly.

It seems odd that that if you had watch the pre-game on ESPN you wouldn't of know who the Patriots were playing. It was an hour and a half love fest.

It seems odd that hardly anyone has mention Nagta and how awesome he has become, or how maybe ( I hope) we discovered a little pass rusher named Barnes.

It also seem a little odd that not much has be made of the fact that the team played with it's old swagger. I mean do we really mind being the Raiders of the East.

2. Re: Some thngs I find odd

Ya know that even if Kyle Boller won the Super Bowl, some Raven fans would still hate him...This is what happens when you have a writer in the newspaper that hates Billick and Boller

Re: Some thngs I find odd

Boller's INT was more crucial to me for two reasons:

1) It came near the end of the game during crunchtime.

2) It completely turned the tide of momentum against us at a critical time.

Ravenous, I agree it hurt but picks are part of the game and considering the conditions it really wasn't surprising. However "if" Reed doesn't fumble which seems to be a habit he has and "if" we go down and score we force New England hand to play more of a catch up game. The problem I see is Reed has a habit of playing loose with the ball on interceptions. What good is a pick if you turn it right back over.

As I pointed out in the other thread, the Ravens were in the lead when Boller threw the pick. The Ravens did not lose the lead because of the pick.

The Ravens were in the lead when Reed fumbled. The Ravens did not lose the lead because he fumbled.

This game was lost in the last minute when the defense couldn't get off the field and let Tom Brady escape multiple 4th downs.

People need to stop laying this game at the feet of the offense. The offense is the reason we were in the position to win in the first place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PD101 View Post
    Ravenous, I agree it hurt but picks are part of the game and considering the conditions it really wasn't surprising. However "if" Reed doesn't fumble which seems to be a habit he has and "if" we go down and score we force New England hand to play more of a catch up game. The problem I see is Reed has a habit of playing loose with the ball on interceptions. What good is a pick if you turn it right back over.
    Correct....if he'd have held onto the ball instead of giving it back, we could have really put them up against the wall if we'd have gotten a touchdown before half. Plus, we were getting the ball back in the second half.

Think about that as a Defense; we (Pats) turned it over before half and gave up a touchdown and now they're getting the ball back again to do the same thing. They've steamrolled us in the running game and Boller is playing probably the best game of his career. It would have been a HUGE psychological advantage over their defense at that point and he wouldn't have had to throw that pick in the 4th....

FYI: I realize I'm speculating that the Ravens would have gotten a TD at that point, but with how we were manhandling them, I feel it was a distinct possibility!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    People need to stop laying this game at the feet of the offense. The offense is the reason we were in the position to win in the first place.
    Much like the second Browns game, when the offense put together multiple fourth quarter scoring drives to take a lead, and watch the defense not be able to hold onto it.

Don't get me wrong, the defense is stellar, but has not come through in the clutch a few times this year. And yet people still want to complain about the offense.

8. Re: Some thngs I find odd

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    As I pointed out in the other thread, the Ravens were in the lead when Boller threw the pick. The Ravens did not lose the lead because of the pick.

The Ravens were in the lead when Reed fumbled. The Ravens did not lose the lead because he fumbled.

This game was lost in the last minute when the defense couldn't get off the field and let Tom Brady escape multiple 4th downs.

bro!