Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Marc Trestman Article - Had to Share

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The CFL plays with 12 players. NFL with 11.

But the field is bigger, so point taken.
    You're right. I had it backwards because I knew there was an extra option since it's still 7 on the line of scrimmage. That leads to more receiving options which is good for a guy like Trestman who seems to ignore blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    You're right. I had it backwards because I knew there was an extra option since it's still 7 on the line of scrimmage. That leads to more receiving options which is good for a guy like Trestman who seems to ignore blocking.
    The use of slot backs who can run to the line is also advantageous for quick stuff. Imagine if the Pats could use Edelman and Amendola running up to the line? With their quickness in that route design it'd be a nightmare.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

In comparison to the NFL game, the Canadian rules just suck. Playing in it was the worst.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Inncasw you're too lazy...the lion's were the 29th ranked scoring offense under Caldwell when lombardi was OC.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/l...im-bob-cooter/

But please continue to tell us why flacco is the cause of every fucking problem known to mankind.
    Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Glad he was able to land on his feet. Caldwell and Trestman should be glaring examples that the limited offense is by design because of our QB.

I think Caldwell Lions have something like the 3rd best passing attack in the NFL.
    So Stafford has a playoff win? Let alone a super bowl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

In comparison to the NFL game, the Canadian rules just suck. Playing in it was the worst.
    I can only imagine. It's good if you are a QB though. Warren Moon said the reason he thrived in the run and shoot offense was because of his years in Canada. No one else ever succeeded in that offense like he did. Doug Flutie and Jeff Garcia also really learned to play QB despite their small size because of the CFL. I bet Tyrod Taylor would do some serious damage in that league

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I can only imagine. It's good if you are a QB though. Warren Moon said the reason he thrived in the run and shoot offense was because of his years in Canada. No one else ever succeeded in that offense like he did. Doug Flutie and Jeff Garcia also really learned to play QB despite their small size because of the CFL. I bet Tyrod Taylor would do some serious damage in that league
    I honestly thought guys like Vince young and troy smith would do well here.

Troy smith was a disaster.
    - Ray Lewis

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I was in Montreal at the end June for a scientific research conference. I watched a tiny bit of TV and low and behold Marc Trestman was tearing it up on TV with his new team, his qb was slinging it all over the field. Tons of long bombs and the receivers were very good at catching. They destroyed their opponent.

I was meeting my buddy from grad school (UMB) for dinner and all I could say was F Marc Trestman the whole time at dinner. He was thinking I was going a bit nuts but then I just brought up his team (the Bills - he's from Buffalo) and all was understood.

Still chapped my hide that he couldn't get that going here, just three yards behind the line crap. Grumble!

The Grey Cup is in Ottawa this week so Ottawa media has been flooded with its coverage.

Had to share this article: http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/foot...5-47ce92ae3956

I know the CFL and NFL game is different, but it's mind boggling that he's considered such a great CFL coach, but was one of the worst OC's I have ever seen.
    Baltimore is the only city not in Canada to win a grey cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Coram_Nobis View Post
    When I read the “It will mostly be Kubiak's stuff” comments that circulated during that period I knew Trestman's days were numbered. Asking Manet to paint like Monet will cause bristling.

The patron will say, “It's not close enough.”
    The artist will say, “It's not me.”
    Maybe you can get a few good paintings at a good price. But eventually both sides realize they are wanting or being phonies. That can't endure. It didn’t.

I heard the same rumblings coming out if Atlanta this offeseason. I’d be surprised if Sarkisian survives through 2018.
    Gary Kubiak and Marc Trestman philosophy may differ but they still run a west coast offense. Bruce Arians and Cam Cameron philosophy differs as well but they both run a air coryell offense. Of course not every west coast offense or air coryell offense is 100 percent the same but should Gary Kubiak offensive system totally been hard for Marc Trestman to grasp?. I'm not really buying it that it should and I honestly don't think him calling plays from Gary Kubiak playbook was the main issue.

It just seems like he wanted to do it his way and his way only especially last year. I don't understand how a coordinator that probably wanted to be a head coach again can refuse to adjust to his players especially to his quarterback. I think Marc Trestman is a pretty smart guy and his intelligence is probably one of the reasons why he got hired in the first place by The Ravens which may be what Captain Offense was also saying. I can totally see his intelligence and the fact that Jim Harbaugh and Ozzie Newsome have worked with him in the past would give John Harbaugh the clearance to hired him and feel some comfort he could call plays from Gary Kubiak playbook.

I don't know if John Harbaugh was expecting Marc Trestman to totally mirror Gary Kubiak but I do think he wanted the offense to continue to stay balanced and not super pass happy.If anything I was expecting more of hybrid version of Gary Kubiak offense. I know The Falcons seem to mimic The Ravens with asking Sarkisian to call plays from Kyle Shanahan playbook but stat wise I think their offense is in a better situation than The Ravens in 2015 and Matt Ryan is still playing pretty well even though it may not be at his 2016 level.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago

Former Bears’ HC Marc Trestman coaching Toronto Argonauts in Grey Cup game vs Calgary Stampeders tonight on ESPN2 at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Is that really gis philosophy? I think thats a bit of a mis conception... hes had Joe throwing the ball over 40 times a game on avg in some seasons and could have fired marty for Roman at the start of the season but didn't
    The problem is that they may start the game with intentions to run the ball, but if it isn't immediately successful, they abandon it pretty quickly.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk