Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame- The Ray Lewis Addition

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I'm going to be THAT GUY.

I don't think it's a slam dunk Ray Lewis is elected.

Back in 1999, one Lawrence Taylor was up for election. His case was perhaps the most hotly debated to that point in the history of the electoral process. There were people in the debate room who vehemently opposed his character. Ultimately, he barely made it on his first try.

No matter how much we praise and/or respect Ray Ray around here, the simple fact of the matter is, there are many many people outside Baltimore who refuse to read about the case because their mind is made up: Ray Lewis killed two people in Atlanta.

I guarantee you somebody in that debate room has his or her mind made up too.
    He's a 100% sure fire first ballot. If it was baseball he'd be in with 97% (there is always one guy to keep from someone being unanimous)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to be THAT GUY.

I don't think it's a slam dunk Ray Lewis is elected.

Back in 1999, one Lawrence Taylor was up for election. His case was perhaps the most hotly debated to that point in the history of the electoral process. There were people in the debate room who vehemently opposed his character. Ultimately, he barely made it on his first try.

No matter how much we praise and/or respect Ray Ray around here, the simple fact of the matter is, there are many many people outside Baltimore who refuse to read about the case because their mind is made up: Ray Lewis killed two people in Atlanta.

I guarantee you somebody in that debate room has his or her mind made up too.
    This is a list of hall of fame voters:

http://www.thefootballsearchengine.c...all/HOFvoters/

Besides Tony Grossi, who can you see possibly not voting for Ray?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    TO babay
    1st ballot HOF.

The hall of fame is a joke
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    This thread is just sad. We might be the worst fan base. Ran Eddie Murray out of town now running the goat into the mud.
    SHAME SHAME SHAME.

What? Bad comparison. Eddie wasn’t a self promoter, he wasn’t a false prophet and he wasn’t a habitual fence rider! Ray made his bed with and now he got to lay in it.

My completely way-off-base take on this is that I'm basically looking for my football players to do one thing: play football. You know, football? The game we love? The reason we care about the Ravens? Football. I'm looking for a player who will play hard. Play well. Play hurt. Win me some games. Give me some entertainment. Bring home a Lombardi. (Or TWO.)

Unlike (apparently) most of the people on this board, I don't watch football to get to know the religious and political views of the players. I could not give one holy fuck about that. I have no idea why anyone would go out of their way to listen to Ray Lewis, and then bitch about what he has to say. It's really not hard to not listen to him. You don't have to like him as a commentator, as a preacher, or even as a person. But as a FOOTBALL PLAYER, how the fuck can you not absolutely love this guy? People go their whole lives as football fans and never get to root for anything close to a Ray Lewis. We are incredibly lucky. But go ahead 'fans,' continue to shit all over anything good. Seems like that's the only reason some of you are on here.

Ray is the GOAT. He is going into Canton because of his abilities as a football player. He's not a murderer, a criminal mastermind, or a wife-beater. He's a bad public speaker, which has not one fucking thing to do with anything.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    This is a list of hall of fame voters:

http://www.thefootballsearchengine.c...all/HOFvoters/

Besides Tony Grossi, who can you see possibly not voting for Ray?
    Honestly, I have to do the research on it. I took a cursory glance and so far, nothing other than saying he's a lock. But I have an innate skepticism about the collective intelligence of a group of people. The larger the group, the dumber per person.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Ray is the GOAT. He is going into Canton because of his abilities as a football player.
    Exactly this. RL52 was one of the very best linebackers ever, an impassioned motivator and defensive leader who sustained greatness for many years. He should be a first ballot HoFer because of what he did on the field.

His past legal troubles and self-aggrandizing persona have turned off a lot of people, but he was key to the Ravens biggest successes and exemplified the culture of rugged defense that defines the organization even today. This is why there's a statue of him outside the stadium.

Blog Entries

smh 2017 have ruined everything for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    My completely way-off-base take on this is that I'm basically looking for my football players to do one thing: play football. You know, football? The game we love? The reason we care about the Ravens? Football. I'm looking for a player who will play hard. Play well. Play hurt. Win me some games. Give me some entertainment. Bring home a Lombardi. (Or TWO.)

Unlike (apparently) most of the people on this board, I don't watch football to get to know the religious and political views of the players. I could not give one holy fuck about that. I have no idea why anyone would go out of their way to listen to Ray Lewis, and then bitch about what he has to say. It's really not hard to not listen to him. You don't have to like him as a commentator, as a preacher, or even as a person. But as a FOOTBALL PLAYER, how the fuck can you not absolutely love this guy? People go their whole lives as football fans and never get to root for anything close to a Ray Lewis. We are incredibly lucky. But go ahead 'fans,' continue to shit all over anything good. Seems like that's the only reason some of you are on here.

Ray is the GOAT. He is going into Canton because of his abilities as a football player. He's not a murderer, a criminal mastermind, or a wife-beater. He's a bad public speaker, which has not one fucking thing to do with anything.
    This post is needed

Assuming Ray Lewis is elected, this may be one helluva class. The "all controversy" class?

- From what I read, Randy Moss is at the head of the WR pecking order and will be elected. I agree, and I've got him above TO. But why not elect both?
    - Jerry Kramer is one of the senior committee nominees. This guy has been shut out of the HOF far longer than anyone expected. I have a hard time thinking he gets snubbed again. There are Lombardi Packers less deserving than Kramer who are already in the HOF. I wish I knew whose shoes this guy pissed on.
    - Voters are starting to wise up to the importance of the modern day NFL safety. You've got Brian Dawkins, John Lynch, Steve Atwater and LeRoy Butler making the semifinals, not to mention CBs Ronde Barber, Ty Law and Everson Walls.

The semifinals list is stacked with legit HOF nominees and I hope most of them make it one day. There are five or six guys that won't make it this year, that should already be in.

Honestly, I have to do the research on it. I took a cursory glance and so far, nothing other than saying he's a lock. But I have an innate skepticism about the collective intelligence of a group of people. The larger the group, the dumber per person.
    I suppose that anything is possible. If personal grudges, judgements, and politics keep Ray Lewis from being a first ballot HOF inductee, we pretty much know the voting process is a sham, and the voters lack any credibility. I'll think of it like the Pro Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I suppose that anything is possible. If personal grudges, judgements, and politics keep Ray Lewis from being a first ballot HOF inductee, we pretty much know the voting process is a sham, and the voters lack any credibility. I'll think of it like the Pro Bowl.
    It'd be neat if Lewis goes in with Urlacher. Lewis was better, but Urlacher is top ten at the position as well, and did a lot of things that Lewis did, including his great anticipation and crazy sideline-to-sideline speed.

I took a look a while back and it is no stretch to say Chicago has had FOUR of the ten best ILBs of all time. Bill George, Butkus, Singletary, and Urlacher.