1. OT- Fantasy Football Opening

[EDIT: The position is now filled. Thanks guys!]

I'm the commissioner of a fantasy football league in it's 17th season. We've got 11 teams who are keeping up as we head towards the playoff and the consolation bracket (Which begins in week 14). Unfortunately, the 12th team hasn't played a QB three weeks in a row and hasn't responded to my attempts to reach out to him through 4 separate communication mediums the last 7-10 days.

So, we're looking for someone who can step in and guide the team through the last couple weeks of the fantasy season and then consolation bracket games. Just make sure you set a lineup without any empty spots, injured players, etc. each week. Sign a quarterback and insert him the lineup. ;) You know, that kind of thing. The team is in 10th place and realistically isn't likely to make waves, but we want them to set a lineup because there are competitive balance issues with the team having had a good lineup early and beating some playoff contenders, and then later not even fielding a full lineup and being an automatic win for teams who are competing for playoff spots with the teams the quarterback-less guy has already beat.

It's an integrity of the league kind of thing.

And anyone who takes the team and keeps up with it through the end of the consolidation bracket/playoffs (Some teams will finish in week 15 and others in week 16 depending on how they do in the playoff or consolation brackets) will likely get invited back next year. We have no keeper players, so you'd be drafting fresh with the rest of the league in August. No obligation to come back next season, just a potential opportunity.

Anyway, we'll probably go ahead and give it to the first person to send me a PM with their email address, because we do want to fill this vacancy fast, and it's late in the year.

The league has a lot of fantasy veterans and everyone else checks their lineup every week, but it doesn't matter how good you are, what we really emphasize is that people just get in there each week and are active about setting a lineup and *trying*. If they go 2-11 every year, it is what it is. Every league needs it's Cleveland Browns or New York Jets. ;) But even the Browns and the Jets do start a QB each week. :)
    Last edited by CharmCityCrab; 11-20-2017 at 04:10 PM.

2. Re: OT- Fantasy Football Opening

Spot is still open. No volunteers yet.

I figured this would be a tough sell so close to the end of the fantasy season with a team that's probably out of the playoff hunt.

The upside for someone signing up and helping us out, though, is that as long as you're a good fit the rest of the way, you'll have the opportunity to renew next year in a league where many of the core members have been around for a decade or so, some longer, where everyone either keeps up with setting lineups or is replaced (There's some leeway, but stuff like what's going on with the team we're looking for a new owner of goes beyond it), etc.. I'm told that type of stability and attentiveness is rare outside of pay leagues.

Oh, and anytime we have to make a change, we give the new owner the opportunity to keep the existing name of the franchise if they like it (Adds even more of a sense of tradition and continuity). This team is called BallSoHardUniversity, which is of course a pretty good fantasy football team name for a Ravens fan! A new owner can also change the name if he or she wants, subject to a few limitations (No real NFL team names is the main one). I'm kind of hoping this name is kept just because I like it and its been around a while, but its not a condition of taking the team or anything.

Obviously, we do want the person to be able to log in and set a lineup each week, as we already have someone who doesn't do that. ;) So, no volunteers is actually better than someone stepping in and still not signing and starting a quarterback. But if it'd be nice to find someone who's committed to doing it. Its a good way to entertain yourself this holiday season.

3. Re: OT- Fantasy Football Opening

The position is filled. Thanks guys!