Re: Joe Flacco appreciation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Lol look at you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

what have you done for me lately Joe?

Anyone who doesn't appreciate what Flacco has done here is, for lack of a better word, a moron. Yeah I'll use that strong of a word.

Whether you like it or not, Joe Flacco is the reason we won the SB in 2012. It wasn't a powerhouse defense, we didn't have extrodinary weapons, we had a QB who played lights the fuck out and won us a damn ring. Flacco was a franchise QB who brough us multiple contending opportunities (FUCK YOU BILLY CUNDIFF) and a SB. That's what you want from a franchise QB. That's what we got.

The legacy of Flacco will be tarnished in Baltimore because of just a sad, pathetic effort to build around a QB. I personally don't think of Flacco as highly as some on here. I think he is what he is. He's inconsistent as fuck btu come Sunday he'll give you a chance to win and when the games really matter (December, January) he shows up. How do you make up for those inconsistencies? You build around him. You give him gamebreakers who can win you a game when he's off.

Whether people want to say he got paid in 2013 and mailed it in, it doesn't matter. We didn't build around him before then anyway. The best thing we did was go get Boldin and when we got him it took us like what 3 years to fucking use him properly.

The best WR combo Flacco had was Smith-Boldin-Jacoby Jones. There's not another QB who has won the SB in the last 10 years with a worse WR group. The thing is though, Jacoby Jones fit the scheme really fucking well. AND to credit Jones, he played lights out for us in that #3 role. However, in 2013 we tried to think he was a #2 and Torrey was a #1 and sent Boldin away for nothing. And what happened? We went to shit.

We bring in Senior, things get a little better, but it still wasn't enough.

The old retread WR's are the narrative that people should think of with Flacco. The one time we brought in a guy that wasn't 34 years old and was a high quality player (Boldin) actually got us a super bowl. We spent way too much time getting the Lee Evans and Whosyourmommas of the world instead of the Boldin and Seniors.

That is going to be the legacy I remember when I think of Joe.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Why is everything so black and white on this forum?

Can we appreciate Flacco for his positives like winning the Super Bowl but also point out that he's playing horribly now?

And we don't have to worry about running Flacco out of town thanks to the FO. Flacco is not going anywhere with that boat anchor that is his dead money.

Blog Entries

Joe Flacco appreciation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Anyone who doesn't appreciate what Flacco has done here is, for lack of a better word, a moron. Yeah I'll use that strong of a word.

Whether you like it or not, Joe Flacco is the reason we won the SB in 2012. It wasn't a powerhouse defense, we didn't have extrodinary weapons, we had a QB who played lights the fuck out and won us a damn ring. Flacco was a franchise QB who brough us multiple contending opportunities (FUCK YOU BILLY CUNDIFF) and a SB. That's what you want from a franchise QB. That's what we got.

The legacy of Flacco will be tarnished in Baltimore because of just a sad, pathetic effort to build around a QB. I personally don't think of Flacco as highly as some on here. I think he is what he is. He's inconsistent as fuck btu come Sunday he'll give you a chance to win and when the games really matter (December, January) he shows up. How do you make up for those inconsistencies? You build around him. You give him gamebreakers who can win you a game when he's off.

Whether people want to say he got paid in 2013 and mailed it in, it doesn't matter. We didn't build around him before then anyway. The best thing we did was go get Boldin and when we got him it took us like what 3 years to fucking use him properly.

The best WR combo Flacco had was Smith-Boldin-Jacoby Jones. There's not another QB who has won the SB in the last 10 years with a worse WR group. The thing is though, Jacoby Jones fit the scheme really fucking well. AND to credit Jones, he played lights out for us in that #3 role. However, in 2013 we tried to think he was a #2 and Torrey was a #1 and sent Boldin away for nothing. And what happened? We went to shit.

The old retread WR's are the narrative that people should think of with Flacco. The one time we brought in a guy that wasn't 34 years old and was a high quality player (Boldin) actually got us a super bowl. We spent way too much time getting the Lee Evans and Whosyourmommas of the world instead of the Boldin and Seniors.

Excellent post. It's funny that no one sees the decline has been the exact time the team scrapped the offense (finally get a guy that plays like a true 1 and ship him out over 2 million smmfh)in this nonsensical attempt to try and recreate the 2000 team. And they have failed MISERABLY. They should have been looking for Bells Browns Bryant's and JuJus instead they have Correras Kafasis Wormleys

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Can we appreciate Flacco for his positives like winning the Super Bowl but also point out that he's playing horribly now?

And we don't have to worry about running Flacco out of town thanks to the FO. Flacco is not going anywhere with that boat anchor that is his dead money.
    lol 2017 in a nutshell bro either u on one side of the fence or the other you shall NOT be allowed to object both sides in 2017 we DO NOT allow free thinking in 2017 lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    lol 2017 in a nutshell bro either u on one side of the fence or the other you shall NOT be allowed to object both sides in 2017 we DO NOT allow free thinking in 2017 lol
    ALotta truth ^^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    ALotta truth ^^^

lol didn't you say this yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Good post. I agree. I appreciate Flacco's past. I don't like his present, but I also acknowledge there's other factos outside of Joe jsut not playing very good.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

good post Cole

Blog Entries

Good post. I agree. I appreciate Flacco's past. I don't like his present, but I also acknowledge there's other factos outside of Joe jsut not playing very good.
    And I totally agree with that. I definitely don't 100% blame everything on Joe. It's a systematic problem from Harbs on down IMO. All I'm saying is Joe still could be playing better.

If it were up to me, I'd fire Harbs and the entire coaching staff. Then bring in a whole new staff and see what they can do. You can't get rid of Flacco, but you can change the coaches.