Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

If Pitt, KC, and NE were out of the picture, who would win AFC?

Just like the title asks. I raise this question because it might assist in delving into a very weak conference of a very weak (and declining) league. As we look at the conference and league, it's part of what we use to gauge the Ravens. It's pretty boring and a little sickening. In a better light, perhaps we can find some positives for the Ravens against what is surely a lame backdrop.

Even though I stated Pitt, KC, and NE as potentialy formidable squads, one or even two of that group has the negative potential of disappointing in major ways. I think the Steelers, most of all have the possibility of reeling off consecutive losses. NE can teeter totter as well straight into mediocrity. KC...I don't know still, and I thought I would have known them by now. I think at least one of that group of three finishes in such a bad fashion, that it takes them out of the post season.

Has there been a more confusing and lame AFC?
    Should we hang in there and use the collective suckitude to our favor?

What a bad product overall. I would never defect from the Ravens, and even if I chose to, there is little where else to go. Maybe Vegas....just for grins.

Oh BTW, I give Jacksonville a slight nod.
    Last edited by alienstar; 11-08-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: If Pitt, KC, and NE were out of the picture, who would win AFC?

I would probably say Jacksonville too. They have no QB, but they wouldn't need one with that D playing the rest of the AFC minus those three teams.

The Jets would be my dark horse, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    Just like the title asks. I raise this question because it might assist in delving into a very weak conference of a very weak (and declining) league. As we look at the conference and league, it's part of what we use to gauge the Ravens. It's pretty boring and a little sickening. In a better light, perhaps we can find some positives for the Ravens against what is surely a lame backdrop.

Even though I stated Pitt, KC, and NE as potentialy formidable squads, one or even two of that group has the negative potential of disappointing in major ways. I think the Steelers, most of all have the possibility of reeling off consecutive losses. NE can teeter totter as well straight into mediocrity. KC...I don't know still, and I thought I would have known them by now. I think at least one of that group of three finishes in such a bad fashion, that it takes them out of the post season.

Has there been a more confusing and lame AFC?
    Should we hang in there and use the collective suckitude to our favor?

What a bad product overall. I would never defect from the Ravens, and even if I chose to, there is little where else to go. Maybe Vegas....just for grins.

Oh BTW, I give Jacksonville a slight nod.
    KC is over-rated and they are owned by the Steelers recently (they can't beat them at home). Jacksonville could be a threat, but I don't see many other teams threatening Pitt or NE.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    Out of the post-season??? I'd be surprised if any of these 3 don't win their division. Unless they lose their QBs or something, they should at least get a wild card.

PIT is two games up on us and has an equally easy remaining schedule -- they would have to collapse royally for us to catch them.

NE is nowhere near their peak form and MIA and BUF still have two cracks at NE, but I just can't see them getting it done against Brady.

KC has a legit threat in OAK, but they have already played many of the toughest opponents (PHI, DAL, NE) that OAK still has to play.

The fate of AFC South is the most interesting. I guess the two teams with healthy starting QBs (JAX and TEN) will battle it out.

So the AFC sends Pitt, NE, and KC forward into the post season (which I can see one of those teams taking a dive). Plus a default winner from AFC south. That's 4 of the 6 seeds. Weak, just weak. From the eye test it's almost unfathomable that the Ravens can grab a spot, but by gosh...who else. It may be one those years whereby a 7-9, and easily an 8-8 team gets in. I know collectively and in general the board suggests a 7-9 or 8-8 finish for Baltimore. The repercussions of this prabubly ensure a Harbaugh lead staff in 2018+ and or an entrance of January Joe. Given the 4 teams stated above, early outs in the post season are not hard to imagine by any of those 4. What a bloody mess. Damn.

It's sort of interesting that it is an "any damn thing can happen" conference, but also a bit sickening in terms of the NFL product. I guess Philly, SEA, and a Arod comeback represent the power in the league. Plus maybe the Rams. But man, this AFC is a conundrum.

I suppose one question would be if the Ravens do default into the post season as a result of a pathetic conference, does the owner still have the cojones to end the misery of this Ravens coaching staff. I hope he sees this for what it is, and still pulls the cord.
    Last edited by alienstar; 11-10-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Ravens if the players take control

But more likely to be Jax

Heck, there are only SIX teams (out of 18) with winning records in the AFC and three of them you listed - PITT, NE & KC. The others - JAX, BUF and TEN.

As sad as our offense and season has been, yes, we are still in the hunt.

(And there are only 7 teams in the NFC with winning records. That's 13 out of 32 teams or only 40.6%.)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ravens if the players take control

But more likely to be Jax
    Yes...Jax is good enough to win the AFCCG. wow, didn't think I'd be saying that this year, but it's perfectly reasonable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Heck, there are only SIX teams (out of 18) with winning records in the AFC and three of them you listed - PITT, NE & KC. The others - JAX, BUF and TEN.

As sad as our offense and season has been, yes, we are still in the hunt.

(And there are only 7 teams in the NFC with winning records. That's 13 out of 32 teams or only 40.6%.)
    And I've got Buffalo with at least 4 more loses coming Ne2 KC Saints with probably Mia last game of the year possibly Sdg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can literally see Pitt possibly dropping more than half of their remaining games due to bad QB play. NE, I don't know, but their not a powerhouse either. I guess KC suffers from sketchy D. If the Ravens can clean up the run D, which is not out of the question, it could drag us into the post season. Whacked, totally wacked. AFC is a dumpster ��, if I've ever seen one. Most other seasons, the Ravens have no shot, but damn, we actually still do. I guess it's better than not, I just worry that it will hinder progress for the future.

Blog Entries

Hmmm, if my sister-in-law had never been born, would our family be happier now?
    The answer is "YES" if that helps out the OP... Bc

Blog Entries

I am very curious to see if the Bills can beat the Saints at home. The Bills are 5-3 right now. None of those 5 wins have come against teams with winning records. That could change this week.

The Jags only have 1 win against a team with a winning record but it's a good one at the Steelers.