Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For those going to Lambeau

On a biz trip this week which had me in Milwaukee yesterday morning. Afternoon freed up nicely so off to Green Bay I went. About 1:45 from downtown Milwaukee. Airport is 10-15 minutes south of Milwaukee so if you're flying up count on 2 hours to GB.

Just thought I'd share a couple pointers since we have a road game there next week:

1. Get there early! The stadium is in a residential neighborhood and not in a city setting at all. Once you get on Lombardi Ave the traffic is nasty. You can find decent parking in the $25 range just a couple blocks from the stadium (I parked a couple blocks down the street that runs between Don Hutson Center and a gas station on the Oneida St. side)

2. Check out Krolls West across from the stadium on the Ridge St side. Great pre-game place with a live 80's cover band and good eats/drinks.

3. Be prepared to touch your neighbor. The entire lower bowl is high-school style aluminum bench seating. They rent seat back attachments for $6. The numbered seats spots on aluminum look wide enough.. until everyone shows up dressed in heavy layers. It was about 34 degrees at kickoff last night. I had a nice 40 yl seat in the lower bowl and I got to know everyone around me really well.. Mainly because we were all touching each other. LOL

4. If you're going up Saturday, by all means go to the Titletown village and make sure you stop at the Packers HOF. The history and artifacts of the franchise are fantastic.

5. Good eats inside the stadium. Try the "Pack and Cheese". I had the one with brats chopped up in it. Fantastic comfort food on a cold night.

If you're an NFL fan and a history buff like me, by all means plan a trek up to Lambeau. Good times.

Blog Entries

Re: For those going to Lambeau

Awesome post! Sounds like a fantastic trip. Sounds like you really got the full Packer experience.

I am taking my sons to the Michigan vs Wisconsin game the following Saturday and then the Ravens v Packers game on Sunday. I appreciate the advice/tips!

we are flying in to GB on Saturday so i appreciate #4. i heard favres steak house was a rip off. our hotel has a shuttle so we are hoping to skip the traffic jam.

it is supposed to be 37 degrees at kickoff. didn't think ahead that far when we made the reservations in june.

what is your observation about the cheesehead crowd, hospitable or confrontational?

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post

what is your observation about the cheesehead crowd, hospitable or confrontational?
    or Drunk..

I didn't see anything but good-natured ribbing between the fans and the Lions fans that were there. Seemed like a decent crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    we are flying in to GB on Saturday so i appreciate #4. i heard favres steak house was a rip off. our hotel has a shuttle so we are hoping to skip the traffic jam.

it is supposed to be 37 degrees at kickoff. didn't think ahead that far when we made the reservations in june.

I’ll also be there and lived in Wisco for 5 years - it’s the friendliest stadium in the NFL, bar none. You’ll be fine - just don’t be an asshole.

Blog Entries

Sounds like an awesome trip to take definitely on my bucket list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait! I've been looking forward to this trip for a couple years now. We rented an airbnb house in the neighborhood, so we are able to just walk to the stadium. Trying to figure out a tailgating plan. We were hoping to mingle with Packers fans. Gonna bring up some crab meat and make some cakes and dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    On a biz trip this week which had me in Milwaukee yesterday morning. Afternoon freed up nicely so off to Green Bay I went. About 1:45 from downtown Milwaukee. Airport is 10-15 minutes south of Milwaukee so if you're flying up count on 2 hours to GB.

Just thought I'd share a couple pointers since we have a road game there next week:

1. Get there early! The stadium is in a residential neighborhood and not in a city setting at all. Once you get on Lombardi Ave the traffic is nasty. You can find decent parking in the $25 range just a couple blocks from the stadium (I parked a couple blocks down the street that runs between Don Hutson Center and a gas station on the Oneida St. side)

2. Check out Krolls West across from the stadium on the Ridge St side. Great pre-game place with a live 80's cover band and good eats/drinks.

3. Be prepared to touch your neighbor. The entire lower bowl is high-school style aluminum bench seating. They rent seat back attachments for $6. The numbered seats spots on aluminum look wide enough.. until everyone shows up dressed in heavy layers. It was about 34 degrees at kickoff last night. I had a nice 40 yl seat in the lower bowl and I got to know everyone around me really well.. Mainly because we were all touching each other. LOL

4. If you're going up Saturday, by all means go to the Titletown village and make sure you stop at the Packers HOF. The history and artifacts of the franchise are fantastic.

5. Good eats inside the stadium. Try the "Pack and Cheese". I had the one with brats chopped up in it. Fantastic comfort food on a cold night.

If you're an NFL fan and a history buff like me, by all means plan a trek up to Lambeau. Good times.
    Lambeau is one of the few Pro stadiums I'd actually like to travel to see
    Burn it down

What are some good restaurants in the area and attractions to see besides Lambeau obviously?

I posted some restaurants for you guys and attractions. Hope you Raven fans have a great time.