Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

I mean Humphrey can't beat out Smith or Carr. Bowser hasent played much and with his special teams blunder yesterday I can't see that changing. Then we move on to the 3rd round picks. Wormley is usually a healthy scratch, Tim Williams has he even played a snap in the regular season? Is he hurt or is he too a healthy scratch? Goose 2 may never play again and London is laughable. And people wonder why the team is bad. Your getting nothing out of the entire draft class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: So who's contributed the most out of the rookie class this year??

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I mean Humphrey can't beat out Smith or Carr. Bowser hasent played much and with his special teams blunder yesterday I can't see that changing. Then we move on to the 3rd round picks. Wormley is usually a healthy scratch, Tim Williams has he even played a snap in the regular season? Is he hurt or is he too a healthy scratch? Goose 2 may never play again and London is laughable. And people wonder why the team is bad. Your getting nothing out of the entire draft class

Humphrey has played a bunch and has looked good doing it. They're actually doing a good job of bringing him along.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Humphrey has played a bunch and has looked good doing it. They're actually doing a good job of bringing him along.
    A first rounder should be starting there should be no bringing him along.

Humphrey has been great. He's in an unfortunate (and luxurious spot for us) spot of playing behind two Corners who are basically top 10-15 corners in the league right now.

The problem is that Humphrey and Bowser aren't playing a lot because the top of the depth chart is playign so well. Matt Judon has been a stud and is playing the SAM. Smith and Carr have been pretty solid.

This speaks more to the draft investment when we didn't have a need at all at those positions.

Humphrey has looked great when he is on the field, especialyl as a rookie. Bowser had one bad game against the Jags, but since then Judon has played extremely well.

Wormley is a joke.

Tim Williams has been hurt.

I'm not going to critcize Bowser and Humphrey too much. I'm going to critcize Ozzie a lot for drafting guys when you alreayd had starters at those positions.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Yeah, this definitely isn't true, especially at the Corner position.

Well everyone hated Smith when he first started his career because he had a lot of rookie blunders. He developed and became solid except for the injuries.

I don't know, I don't mind the Humphrey situation too much. He gives them the ability to let Carr walk and save that money.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

speaking of Boswer another young player who is sitting more than playing don't you guys see what's going on here? we have a problem developing our young players!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    speaking of Boswer another young player who is sitting more than playing don't you guys see what's going on here? we have a problem developing our young players!
    After that special teams penalty it wouldn't shock me to see him as a healthy scratch next game

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    See this I disagree with. He's sitting because we developed Judon and Judon is playing like a starter.

This sounds crazy, and I'm sure htis will be bashed, but I actually would ahev given Bowser a look at ILB.

Bowser is definitely a pass rusher, but he was also good at dropping into coverage and did it way more than Correa did. He played OLB in college, not DE like Correa.

Sure as shit he'd be an upgrade over Peanut and Correa.

However, there's obvioulsy problems with moving guys that we know all too well.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Well everyone hated Smith when he first started his career because he had a lot of rookie blunders. He developed and became solid except for the injuries.

I don't know, I don't mind the Humphrey situation too much. He gives them the ability to let Carr walk and save that money.
    I doubt you let Carr walk. I think you keep him and pay him. I think you use the advantage you have, which is 3 really good boundary corners. Realistically, one of them will likely be injured at some point, and so you'll need that other guy.

Carr's got a $6.5M cap hit for 2018. There's no way I cut him at that price based on how well he's played.

I would also point out that some may discount the fact that one of the reasons guys like Jimmy and Carr have managed to stay relatively healthy is because you have a 3rd corner who you can share the reps with.

Seems odd that the fanbase that spent like 5 years bashing Jimmy Smith for being fragile and non-dependable would think we're all of the sudden in a position where we can cut another quality corner. Cut Carr, Jimmy get's hurt, and now you're #1 corner is a 2nd year who hasn't played a full complement of snaps in his career. And you have nobody else outside.

Literally the only change I even consider making with this secondary in the offseason is at Safety. I think you do absolutely nothing at Corner. No additions, no subtractions. I see five guys that can play, and 3 of them are on rookie deals. I keep 100% of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    I doubt you let Carr walk. I think you keep him and pay him. I think you use the advantage you have, which is 3 really good boundary corners. Realistically, one of them will likely be injured at some point, and so you'll need that other guy.

Carr's got a $6.5M cap hit for 2018. There's no way I cut him at that price based on how well he's played.

I would also point out that some may discount the fact that one of the reasons guys like Jimmy and Carr have managed to stay relatively healthy is because you have a 3rd corner who you can share the reps with.

Seems odd that the fanbase that spent like 5 years bashing Jimmy Smith for being fragile and non-dependable would think we're all of the sudden in a position where we can cut another quality corner. Cut Carr, Jimmy get's hurt, and now you're #1 corner is a 2nd year who hasn't played a full complement of snaps in his career. And you have nobody else outside.

Literally the only change I even consider making with this secondary in the offseason is at Safety. I think you do absolutely nothing at Corner. No additions, no subtractions. I see five guys that can play, and 3 of them are on rookie deals. I keep 100% of them.
    Yeah I disagree. Jaylen Hill looked solid on the outside to provide depth. Canady and Young in the slot. Humphrey and Smith as the starters.

There's too much money in the defense as it is. It is defintiely a good contract for a starting corner, but they're just paying too much right now and at some point you have to go with the yougner guys, like they should have done by letting Judon be the starter and nto drafting Bowser.

That pick could ahve been JJSS or someone else.

It's over investment into the defense to a point where our rookies, who have actually looked solid, aren't playing because there's other players also playing well.
    - Ray Lewis