Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Church Shooting

Blog Entries

Re: Church Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    It's not about the victims. To him, it's about the hypocrisy of people acting like they have any interest in trying to help the victims of mass shootings. People on the right are quick to send useless prayers, but are unwilling to talk about modifying gun laws, which would have a greater chance of helping future victims of mass shootings.

Meanwhile, when the perpetrator of a crime like this is an immigrant, as we just saw, they're quick to say we need stricter immigration laws and/or stronger vetting procedures.

I mean, I don't even really care about gun laws personally. I think it's a wasted argument at this point.

But the same way, when gun laws are brought up, and you say, "hey, I know guns and they're ok," people on the left, when immigration is brought up after something like this occurs, say, "hey, I know immigrants and they're ok."

McKean, having just seen how quick the immigration law angle was played, makes a joke satirizing the hypocrisy of prayers. He's a satirist. You don't make This Is Spinal Tap if you aren't. If his making that statement offends you morally in some way, if you think it's in bad taste, maybe put it into perspective by imagining his words in an offensive/funny meme format.

Regarding the "Hollywood Agenda" ...there is no such thing. Otherwise you wouldn't have Clint Eastwood out there making movies. Let's be honest, when Clint does something political, no one complains about the "Hollywood Agenda." When you go off on the "Hollywood Agenda," what you're really mad at is people with a different view having such a loud voice. Is the volume of that voice deserved? That's a different debate.

There's no indoctrination that says you must be liberal and spout Democrat talking points if you want to work in Hollywood. What there is, is a profession which generally requires the exploration of "the human condition" to do your job to the best of your abilities. It shouldn't shock people when the majority of people who's work entails putting themselves in other people's shoes, politically come down on the side that tends to empathize with people as a collective.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    This comment deserves an award.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    This comment deserves an award.
    Can it be a major award?

Old-Man-Admiring-Major-Award.jpg

Is diplomacy too much to ask to resolve disputes?

With a society where anything goes along with psychopaths and sociopaths, I have always supported gun control.

I have even liked the idea of permitting law enforcement and the military to only have certain types of firearms.
    Last edited by Baltravens; 11-07-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Based on what's come out since this tragedy...there are laws specifically in place to prevent people like this guy from purchasing firearms.

Due to human mistakes and/or errors, he was still able to get the weapons that he used to pull off this heinous act.

Enforcing the laws that are already in place would've prevented this attack from happening. No laws matter if they aren't enforced.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Based on what's come out since this tragedy...there are laws specifically in place to prevent people like this guy from purchasing firearms.

Due to human mistakes and/or errors, he was still able to get the weapons that he used to pull off this heinous act.

Enforcing the laws that are already in place would've prevented this attack from happening. No laws matter if they aren't enforced.
    Air Force May face a lawsuit if what they’re saying is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Air Force May face a lawsuit if what they’re saying is true.

Yep. Laws on top of laws already saying the same thing won't matter.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

It's a very interesting story for the gun debate.

Gun laws obvioulsy restrict people having guns. But having a gun helped stop the guy. Not too often in mass shootings do you hear it end like that (It's happened, but it's not common).

I don't know, I live in a country with gun control. I don't have anything other than hunting rifles. I only use them when I practice on targets or hunt. I've never had a time in my life where I've said oh man I wish I had a gun on me. I'll never understand the oppression talk. It just sounds ridiculous to me. I don't think having a gun is a right in any way, shape or form.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

Gun laws obvioulsy restrict people having guns. But having a gun helped stop the guy. Not too often in mass shootings do you hear it end like that (It's happened, but it's not common).

I don't know, I live in a country with gun control. I don't have anything other than hunting rifles. I only use them when I practice on targets or hunt. I've never had a time in my life where I've said oh man I wish I had a gun on me. I'll never understand the oppression talk. It just sounds ridiculous to me. I don't think having a gun is a right in any way, shape or form.
    You don't think having the ability to defend your life and the life of those you love is a right?

Blog Entries

It’s not part of the Canadian culture, so you wouldn’t understand. I bet if you go out to some extremely rural pets of Canadian Provinces you’ll find lots of people with lots of guns.

In Indonesia and other South East Asian countries they eat deep fried tarantulas and shit. I can’t wrap my head around that, but that’s not part of the US culture, so I wouldn’t be able to understand.

It’s not part of the Canadian culture, so you wouldn’t understand. I bet if you go out to some extremely rural pets of Canadian Provinces you’ll find lots of people with lots of guns.

In Indonesia and other South East Asian countries they eat deep fried tarantulas and shit. I can’t wrap my head around that, but that’s not part of the US culture, so I wouldn’t be able to understand.

That's definitely true. I really don't get it. To address NC's point, I don't think you need a gun to do that. I've never felt I need a gun to defend my wife or family. Ever.

I am from a town of 1k in a pretty rural area. I have a lot of guns, but I never have felt the need to carry it other than for hunting purposes.

It's why I don't really get too engaged in the gun debate. I've had massive debates with HR on Facebook about it. I admit my bias' (holy fuck I wish people on here would do that - it's so obnoxious to read). I'm just adding to the convo from an outsiders perspective.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

That's definitely true. I really don't get it. To address NC's point, I don't think you need a gun to do that. I've never felt I need a gun to defend my wife or family. Ever.

I am from a town of 1k in a pretty rural area. I have a lot of guns, but I never have felt the need to carry it other than for hunting purposes.

It's why I don't really get too engaged in the gun debate. I've had massive debates with HR on Facebook about it. I admit my bias' (holy fuck I wish people on here would do that - it's so obnoxious to read). I'm just adding to the convo from an outsiders perspective.
    Just curious - what are crime stats like in Canada?

Just curious - what are crime stats like in Canada?
    General crime or gun crime?
    - Ray Lewis